Something As Simple........as A Coyote.

norseman

Fascinating. You've witnessed bigfoot mimicking sounds of other creatures. What sound or creature was the bigfoot you witnessed mimicking? A bullfrog, a panther, a bird? Thanks in advance.

Ah, shucks; I don't have the evidence to prove that "claim", so what's the use of trying? As you told Nathan; "You're not the only ones to spend many days in the outdoors each year. I was pointing out that you don't have a monopoly on that commodity. So personal observations will be the way for you to go on things like this. 

I seen a yote harassing and trailing a bobcat witch was dragging dead tom turkey between it's legs, by the way seen this from my tree stand, not from a TV .

That's fine Nathan, but what does that really have to do with anything? If you spend a lot of time in the woods then a sound reference library probably wouldn't pertain to you, but that doesn't mean a lot of others couldn't benefit from it.

Edited by roguefooter

Hello roguefooter,

Point taken, I just thought your tone in the quoted line a bit unnecessary.

Edited by hiflier

Hello roguefooter,

A brilliant and productive statement as I've ever heard..........everyone agree?

I absolutely agree hiflier! One of the best I've heard! He's certainly right about one thing; I've got to quit that "chest thumping. It hurts, and it's screws up my auxiliary starter and fuel pump. 

Much ado about nothing, going on here. Branco is correct in that he's provided entertaining stories, but no proof.

Hello Branco,

It's even worse when someone else is thumping my chest. Ah well.......

Hello All,

I'm outa here. Folks are getting a bit testy.

roguefooter  , it had to do with your previous reference to bigfooters not spending much time in the woods. and such but we are past that now.

I think the idea of a sound guide is a good idea , so the newbies have something to listen to before jumping into a default position of ,, I have never heard that before !  it must have been a sasquatch ! ,,.

Much ado about nothing, going on here. Branco is correct in that he's provided entertaining stories, but no proof.

Yes, and just when this forum was receiving  SO MUCH proof.

Edited by Branco

If you think it might have been some other animal, then the logical position is that it was said animal.

I don't claim to provide proof, but then don't claim to have had three close encounters without anything more than I am providing, either.

Another animal mistaken for a Squatch- the Lynx. They even sound like they're forming words.

Heh, taken in big time there. Those were decoy kitties trained by ventriloquist zombies to draw you in closer. ;)

I think Robert W. Morgan is spot on with his theory that BF are of a tactical mindset most of the time.

If that is true, it would make sense.

If these creatures are as shy as some believe they are, what better way to vocally communicate, or, signal another BF, when an unwanted presence is in their midst, without giving their presence away?

Or, perhaps, they are just bored? Entertainment options are somewhat limited in the wild, after all.

Bigfoot would be the Alpha Predator, why would it want to imitate an animal that gets killed and eaten?

If I was Boss O' the Woods, I would let other animals know 'Hey the Boss is right here, don't mess with me.'

I wouldn't mimic a coyote, and draw the wolves from the area over for a meeting.

Bigfoot would be the Alpha Predator, why would it want to imitate an animal that gets killed and eaten?

To kill and eat it?

That's like asking why a human would want to use a duck call.