Rick Dyer Again (Continued)

Guest Admin

Ok Skyla...now you have me really wondering if one of those pics is a fantasy of yours...LOL

hahha omg ronn I just almost choked on my bagel. lol

Yeah but trouble is...the bigfoot is a tad smaller than Barbie......... :(

don't want no short short man lol ( singing )

Just like the blackwidow spider. The larger female eats the smaller male after they've procreated...........yikes! :o

and the female praying mantis bites off the head of the male after coitus. ( got sheldon on the brain )

I don't really understand why it's important to convince somebody this is a hoax or not a hoax?

The whole story will come to an end soon enough and one group will be vindicated and the other will feel a loss.

There are NO hard facts that can prove this is a hoax or the real deal. Why is this a surprise to anybody?

We are people that believe, or are interested, in an 8ft tall, 700 lb, enigmatic and elusive primate that does not scientifically exist. This alone should make us tolerant to just about any opinion.

To argue that RD has, or does not have, a Bigfoot body does not make any kind of conventional sense. After all, Bigfoot does not officially exist!

Perhaps, we should not put the cart in front of the horse, so to speak?

What makes this story so much less believable than Ketchum's DNA story? The odds of anybody proving Bigfoot to be real are astronomical. The difference between RD and MK is really just perception because, at the end of the day, neither of them has proven, more or less, the existence of Bigfoot.

In fact, unless I missed something, NOBODY has proven the existence of Bigfoot. Statistically, RD has the same odds of finding one as Dr. Meldrum. The difference between Dr. Meldrum and Rick Dyer is credibility. However, their chances of finding one are equal. Dr. Meldrum comes in a nice package because he's presentable and educated. Rick Dyer is not very presentable and not very educated so nobody really likes him or takes him seriously. Plus, he's a self admitted hoaxer and self promoter. However, Dr. Meldrum has made a living from promoting himself as a Bigfoot scientist but he has been unable to provide any serious proof of existence, other than giving his opinion.

I'm not equating Rick Dyer with Dr. Meldrum or any other Bigfoot personality but it is a bit nonsensical to think that one is better than the other, in a field where the subject matter does not officially exist. I'm just saying....

The bottom line is, this story, like all of the other Bigfoot stories we have all heard, has an end point or dead line. It appears that, in this case, the deadline will be the Tribeca film festival. Between the film festival and Derek Randles, we should have an answer to this story in the next 45 days. . At the very least, we'll have more info that will allow the story to continue or it will die a quick death from lack of interest.

What is keeping this story alive and fueling this discussion is our interest in the subject. It has nothing to do with common sense or logic. If it did, we would not be here to begin with as Bigfoot does not officially exist, according to logic, science and conventional wisdom. Isn't it a bit self righteous for us to point fingers at other people and say "you're wrong and we're right?" Especially when you take into account the subject matter....

• Upvote 1

From Wikipedia:

Russell's teapot, sometimes called the celestial teapot or cosmic teapot, is an analogy first coined by the philosopher Bertrand Russell (1872–1970) to illustrate that the philosophic burden of proof lies upon a person making scientifically unfalsifiable claims rather than shifting the burden of proof to others, specifically in the case of religion. Russell wrote that if he claims that a teapot orbits the Sun somewhere in space between the Earth and Mars, it is nonsensical for him to expect others to believe him on the grounds that they cannot prove him wrong. Russell's teapot is still referred to in discussions concerning the existence of God.

Similarly, RD and others cannot expect to be taken seriously by shifting the burden of proof onto others, rather than proving his claim himself. This fallacious type of argument has been made for years, especially in regards to the unknown or unknowable.

In this case, BF has to be proven to exist, not to >not exist<. Dyer says he has a body therefore he has to prove it, not us.

St. G-