Rick Dyer Again (Continued)

Guest Admin

Guest VioletX

I was reading a few posts back about FBFB going to Minneapolis to sell a gun. Is someone suggesting this relates somehow to the RD Hoax?

I'm not inferring you did, just trying to clear that up before moving forward with my thoughts. Thank you, that is all. :)

That was me wondering if he went to Minneapolis to sell the gun and/or wondering where FB/FB lives. Ronn confirmed that one of the guys is from Minneapolis.

But Oliver was only small compared to the 8ft bigfoot shot and also looked nothing like the bf in the camper video? Also the BF in the camper video is still alive and that was filmed months after Oliver died.?

The theory that Rick Dyer could have Oliver's body would assume this was another hoax (4th or 5th) and that an 8 foot bigfoot was not shot behind walmart, and that the camper footage was used to bolster the hoax and, and possibly a man in a suit.

Good eyes! I wonder if that happened.

Edited by Scales

Well, this is an interesting twist to the story.. But, I will refrain from adding poor deceased Oliver into this story.. Poor Oliver. :*( May he rest in peace.

Thank you Leaftalker - but I am not always so diplomatic.. Everyone is entitled to feel or think however they want, so long as the opinion of everyone else is also respected. At least that's how I feel. There is so much speculation revolving around Dyer (which is always the case) I find it best to discuss only what I know and can verify.

I completely understand why some here (and on other websites) defend or at least try to explain away some of the statements made by Dyer. I just hate watching people standing in line for months - waiting for something that will never happen and will most likely crush them. I know many say they won't be affected if this turns out to be a hoax - but experience tells me - when you defend someone else (and there are some passionately defending Dyer) you put yourself on the line for that - emotions do become involved and people in the end are hurt. I would be angry if I were defending someone - and I found out they lied to me. That is just normal human nature.

I just hope in the end it's worth it.

I love that you say all this, and I can hear how deeply what you say is rooted in your concern for people; and I know that you have witnessed some terrible things, and seen terrible things happen to people.

I guess part of what I've wanted to say to you, and to other people who are concerned in the same way, is that I think that, this time around (if there is another outcome like the one you're worried about), we're better prepared -- partly thanks to you! So we're not going to experience the terrible things you're concerned we might.

I honestly don't think anyone here will be crushed. Their eyes are wide open. They're just following their own hunches. In a way, RD has nothing to do with this, you know what I mean? We all know the "risks" here -- and because we know them, we're clearer about what the story is, and where responsibility lies... It lies within ourselves, whether we choose to stay open to the possibility that this story is true or not.

So nobody will be angry with RD if the story turns out not to be true. I don't think anyone here who is inclined to believe RD's story will be angry with anybody. We hold ourselves accountable for all our own opinions. And again, we're able to do that partly because of the people who don't feel the same way. We're able to look at the feedback from those people and examine it and test it in our hearts, in our own way, and say, yes, I see; yes, I see; and I still think something else.

It's a cool process.

And I think you've been very diplomatic about a lot of things! I've seen your posts in the Ketchum thread, too, and you've worked hard to be level-headed there, too -- while at the same time being passionate about the topic.

I don't know how you've been in the past about other things -- but I don't think anybody starts in a place of wisdom..... Well, not many of us, anyway. Most of us have to grow to get to that place, which often means being buffeted about by our own emotions. But even when we experience deep hurt, what we usually learn, after the deep hurt, is that we didn't get destroyed. So we finally realize we have greater resources than we ever thought we had.

That's the upside of disappointment. :)

Anyway, you are another one of my heroes on here, for being so smart, so dedicated, and so concerned about other people! Thanks, again and again, for being such a great model for the rest of us!!!!!

Anyway, you are another one of my heroes on here, for being so smart, so dedicated, and so concerned about other people! Thanks, again and again, for being such a great model for the rest of us!!!!!

Cool LT you are just so cool :)

I love that you say all this, and I can hear how deeply what you say is rooted in your concern for people; and I know that you have witnessed some terrible things, and seen terrible things happen to people.

Inside this community and in my professional life. People can be trusting to the point of self destruction when it comes to issues they care about. Bigfoot is no exception.

I guess part of what I've wanted to say to you, and to other people who are concerned in the same way, is that I think that, this time around (if there is another outcome like the one you're worried about), we're better prepared -- partly thanks to you! So we're not going to experience the terrible things you're concerned we might.

I honestly don't think anyone here will be crushed. Their eyes are wide open. They're just following their own hunches. In a way, RD has nothing to do with this, you know what I mean? We all know the "risks" here -- and because we know them, we're clearer about what the story is, and where responsibility lies... It lies within ourselves, whether we choose to stay open to the possibility that this story is true or not.

I hope you are right. I don't know if you were around for the first Dyer/Whitten/Biscardi hoax - but people knew Biscardi's reputation long before Dyer came along. Many, MANY people in this community bought into the hoax story - and said they would be fine if or when that was determined to be a hoax.. Needless to say - they were not. It really bothers me when we lose good critical thinkers from this community - because of the disappointment due to a hoaxer.

So nobody will be angry with RD if the story turns out not to be true. I don't think anyone here who is inclined to believe RD's story will be angry with anybody. We hold ourselves accountable for all our own opinions. And again, we're able to do that partly because of the people who don't feel the same way. We're able to look at the feedback from those people and examine it and test it in our hearts, in our own way, and say, yes, I see; yes, I see; and I still think something else.

I hope you are right about that - but I have the feeling people on this forum and everywhere else - will be publicly furious. They have every right to be angry - and expressing their disappointment and/or anger is the only way to get it out. So, we will see it. I just hope these people don't leave the community altogether - disgusted - because of it. That happens every time.

It's a cool process.

Well, it's a learning experience. I just hope people learn from it. Regardless of the outcome.

And I think you've been very diplomatic about a lot of things! I've seen your posts in the Ketchum thread, too, and you've worked hard to be level-headed there, too -- while at the same time being passionate about the topic.

I don't know how you've been in the past about other things -- but I don't think anybody starts in a place of wisdom..... Well, not many of us, anyway. Most of us have to grow to get to that place, which often means being buffeted about by our own emotions. But even when we experience deep hurt, what we usually learn, after the deep hurt, is that we didn't get destroyed. So we finally realize we have greater resources than we ever thought we had.

That's the upside of disappointment. :)

Like I said, I am not perfect, and have been prone to outbursts of anger.. LOL. But, I hold very strong beliefs and opinions. So - I accept it and don't beat myself up. Lets just say I do my best to apply my own personal life experiences and what I have learned through employment - to this field of research and all the claims. Some would probably tell you I am a very "opinionated woman" - I would agree with them and I take that as a very high form of flattery :) LOL.

Well that's a lot of pressure.. Just kidding. I'm not looking to be a hero - and honestly I like it when people disagree with me - it keeps my mind sharp - and keeps me thinking about other options, ideas and alternatives. Sometimes criticism can lead you down an unexpected path - that teaches you so much about what you are looking into, yourself and life in general. I love a good learning experience. :)

So, thank you - and your a very supportive and kind person - I hope NOTHING ever changes that. It is so rare and fantastic :)

Guest VioletX

Yes, Leaf thank you for your insight and perspective, you seem to be kindly towards everyone and like Melissa said that is pretty rare . : )

Thanks for those lovely words, Melissa.

Everyone I love is, or has been, angry at various points in their lives. How can we not be? Injustice, pain, all that stuff -- there is so much of it around.

What's fun is to start to see other possibilities, other responses. You see them. I see them. Many people here see them. We all have it in us!

How wonderful, to have it on the surface, in a place where we can honor and acknowledge it in each other.

My deepest respect and appreciation to you, Melissa!!!!!!!!! :fan:

Yes, Leaf thank you for your insight and perspective, you seem to be kindly towards everyone and like Melissa said that is pretty rare . : )

Ha! I am not, always! The struggle to let love surface is quite the struggle, for me as much as for everyone else. You (like Melissa), however, are so easy to love!!!!! You give us a place to get refreshed and reinvigorated. I take much comfort from you!!!!!!!! Big hugs.

Edited by LeafTalker

Guest VioletX

Haha! Jacki and I will be your flight attendants, (and Ronn and Hawk), for the evening please fasten your seatbelts and enjoy your flight and complimentary peanuts ; D

Edited by VioletX

LeafTalker said:

What's fun is to start to see other possibilities, other responses. You see them. I see them. Many people here see them. We all have it in us!

Very true. But, we also can not refuse to see what has happened before. What's the old saying, "Those who do not study history, are doomed to repeat it."

That is one of my favorite quotes - because it's so true.

LeafTalker said:

Very true. But, we also can not refuse to see what has happened before. What's the old saying, "Those who do not study history, are doomed to repeat it."

That is one of my favorite quotes - because it's so true.

I'm not so sure that is true...... One thing I've read is that all real decisions have to come from the heart, in the moment. Some decisions that rest solely on history are not pure decisions. A decision is something that requires choosing between two genuinely different paths, with no indications of the direction to go in. That's what makes it a "true" decision.

Often, the decision to proceed in the way that the heart directs you seems to be a direction with no history. We don't often trust the heart. But really, in the long run, it's the only thing to trust. So sometimes a decision that pulls you away from history is the most trustworthy decision you can make.....

Just my opinion, though. :)

Edited by LeafTalker