Suspicious Activity Around The House

Guest shady grove

Excuse me.

First I would like to say hello and welcome to the BFF to shady grove.  Thank you for coming in and sharing your experiences here. As you can see, not all members believe in the possibility that BF exists. But for the most part, we appreciate hearing from new members. Without new members, this place would go stale!

Now, please allow me a few minutes to clear up some Rules and Guidelines a few members. Hopefully I will be able to reopen this thread very soon.

Ok. 

Please remember that the BFF welcomes everyone's opinions. However, those opinions must been stated within our Rules and Guidelines.  I've done some editing of posts in this thread to remove insinuations regarding other members mental wellness and/or need for medication.  Let's not go there again, or there will be warning points handed out.

Remember:

B. Flaming new members for their ignorance on proper posting procedures, their grammar or spelling issues, or the content of their messages is expressly forbidden. We appreciate our members' concern for new members and invite everyone to welcome them. One of the strengths of BFF is that it has always tolerated new members and its old members have always been willing to answer the same questions over and over again with patience and grace. Please let this continue.

Sorry for the interruption - now back to our regular scheduled posting!

Have a great Saturday!

Michele

shady grove -

I'd also like to extend a "welcome." 

What you've mentioned around your house is no real shock.  "I wish I knew then what I know now" even if only in the sense of knowing some questions to ask and some other things to look for.   I recall several incidents from when I was growing up that I wish I'd known to investigate.  I've talked to other family members who remember the things that happened particularly about what was actually observed vs how it was interpreted and rationalized.  They can't add anything that changes the possibility, but then, all of our memories are looking back more than 30 years. 

It sounds like you've got the seeds of a habituation setting there.  I'd be really careful about sharing your location with others until you are comfortable their agendas are aligned with yours. 

MIB

Guest shady grove

1 other thing that has happened- crows cawing at night.

I had a couple guys that I coonhunt with occasionally tell me about a certain place close to the river where we hunt sometimes. They said everytime that they hunt close to the area they hear what sounds like 3-4 crows cawing after their dogs start opening on track. I didn't ever get to go to that particular place and now the timber has been cut. I live 10 miles or so from that area, not too long after that I went outside after dark to my shed where the "gifts" were left. When I left the porch and got about 1/2 way to the shed I heard a crow caw about 3 times, thats the last thing that has happened.

I appreciate all the welcomes from everyone-proud to be here.

Guest SquatchinNY

I'll extend my welcome as well. I love it when members who have had activity at their homes join. My favorite type of encounters.

Guest Grifter9931

Florida reader

Bukwas

• photo-thumb-21562.jpg?_r=1351775694
  • Members
  • toe_3_bip.png
  • 292 posts

Posted Today, 05:43 AM

Grifter9931,

We've seen raccoons, armadillos, squirrels, and opossum from the time we moved here. We've seen coyotes and rabbits in areas around us, but not near us. We've seen zero deer or feral pigs here. Coincidence or not, our small livestock used to get visited by bobcats, but not since we started gifting about a year ago.

Okay, that makes sense. BF should be the alpha predator out there and if the live stock hasn't been bothered since he has been visiting it would make sense.... Thanks for the update.

BFF Patron

I was so busy replying, i didn't read Jiggys post before.

.....Maybe he comes in when the family is gone, maybe makes himself a sandwich, checks his email or whatever.........................So are rocks considered valuable? I would think the bigfoot economy would have collapsed if that were the case........

:lol: Fiat geology! Great, another imminent currency collapse.

I want those stories.  I want them in enough mass from enough places from enough unconnected witnesses that I can search them for commonalities or, if I find none, have some confidence the sample size is large enough to be statistically repeatable.

I want honest accounts, not stories. I was just pointing out that certain topics tend to attract what I would refer to as the fringe element of the BF enthusiast community. Honest accounts where people truthfully believe that BF are leaving items around their rural property? Sure. Tales of Bigfoots seeing a person once, and then just "knowing" where folks live, and then regularly stalking them by making 60 mile round trip treks deep into suburbs of metro areas to move things in ther houses?

You know, you can lampoon all you want.  Don't believe it ......  good for you.  Some who report the things you rail against have researched the same area intensively over periods of years.  So believe it or not the commonalities are not going to go away......  and it's likely gifting occurs on some level of interaction in multiple locations.  

If similar BF whistles can be recorded 120 miles disparate from one another (and I have this on good account that they do) then that means BF has some pretty good traveling skills.  As for being in the actual home of people, yes I have my doubts.  I do not have doubts about them being able to throw their calls though like a ventriloquist to make one believe they could be vocalizing in the same room as them.

Henry Franzoni oe of the early pioneers  in BF presented on BFF1.0 while promoting his book, In the Spirit of Seatco and took some pretty hard hits for his ideas that BF could mess with electrical properties of starter motors on vehicles and other electronic equipment.  He has also spoken to the ventriloquism element in the past.  People like him have experienced both high strangeness and some of the more widespread experiences that people report.  

Link to Henry: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/sasquatchwatchradio/2013/02/27/sasquatch-watch-radio-guest-henry-franzoni

Guest Grifter9931

Someone can pick up a whistle over 100 miles away?? 

The amount of energy that would require is off the charts, And once you correct for dense forest and wind shear that would have to be above the 200 decible range.... Which is much louder than a blue whale.... 

Edited by Grifter9931

Hello shady grove,

Talking off the top of my head here as a logician. And since the science of Sasquatch is what I am pursuing I have to stay objective and at the same time throw out ideas that may be MORE than just plausible. A large creature like our Hairy Friend would IMO require something of a diet that would sustain his/her bulk. Bears can do it with all kinds of things like insects, fish, berries, etc but they have certain physical limitations for want of a better description. Sasquatch on the other hand if they exist has an opposable thumb. Over time and coupled with intelligence (gifting for example) the develpoment of the knowledge that accuracy with a rock could and can secure food one would be led to think that rocks left as gifts when a gift of food is left for them might be considered a properly logical trade- with a specific message.: "thanks now I don't need this rock".

Just kidding but I think you can follow my thinking here. Rocks could be a meaningful and valued commodity. Not so much like money as much as a piece representing livlihood which to a primitive mind would carry as much weight. YAH! It's a little idealistic but looking at all angles is part of investigation no matter how seemingly outlandish. My 2 cents although it might be better said my two rocks LOL.   

Edited by hiflier

Guest shady grove

Hello shady grove,

Talking off the top of my head here as a logician. And since the science of Sasquatch is what I am pursuing I have to stay objective and at the same time throw out ideas that may be MORE than just plausible. A large creature like our Hairy Friend would IMO require something of a diet that would sustain his/her bulk. Bears can do it with all kinds of things like insects, fish, berries, etc but they have certain physical limitations for want of a better description. Sasquatch on the other hand if they exist has an opposable thumb. Over time and coupled with intelligence (gifting for example) the develpoment of the knowledge that accuracy with a rock could and can secure food one would be led to think that rocks left as gifts when a gift of food is left for them might be considered a properly logical trade- with a specific message.: "thanks now I don't need this rock".

Just kidding but I think you can follow my thinking here. Rocks could be a meaningful and valued commodity. Not so much like money as much as a piece representing livlihood which to a primitive mind would carry as much weight. YAH! It's a little idealistic but looking at all angles is part of investigation no matter how seemingly outlandish. My 2 cents although it might be better said my two rocks LOL.

I must not have been a good trading partner, whatever it was moved on.....

Hello shady grove,

Who knows, the season now may offer better or more desired pickings like berries or other preferred items. In any regard you relayed something that I had not known about before. I see now that your's is not the only case. Thank you.

First of all I understand that some of my comments earlier offended some and started a general thread disruption. So to those that may have been offended, I offer a public apology. Sometimes I think the tongue in cheek nature of my comments are easily understood, but that is not always the case. So again, I apologize for the comment(s) and for the general mayhem that followed and the subsequent work for the mods to clean up the thread. Mea culpa, and I'm sorry.

However, my question I would still like to pose to LeafTalker if she cares to respond.

1) How do you think BF knew where you lived?

2) How do you think it managed to find you at your home, in the city I believe(?), some 50 miles away undetected? I think someone might notice a large, hairy primate wandering around looking for an address.

Edited by dmaker

Guest shady grove

Hello shady grove,

Who knows, the season now may offer better or more desired pickings like berries or other preferred items. In any regard you relayed something that I had not known about before. I see now that your's is not the only case. Thank you.

Your welcome, whatever it was...

Hello shady grove,

It was the idea of leaving gifts of course.

@dmaker: My Golden Retriever is is said has a sense of smell that is 100,000 times more sensitive than a Human's. I've seen him at work, it's amazing to watch. These are the kinds of dogs that can sniff out accelerants after a fire. Good Bigfoot finders if one trained them I guess. Sasquatch's ability to smell would be one of it's chief defenses IMHO and one of it's methods for tracking mammals, Humans being in that category. Different Human, different smell. Yeah, I know....hairbrained idea. other than that though I would have NO idea how it would find anyone fifty miles or more away- AND BACK.

Edited by hiflier