Thoughts On A Comment From Dr Meldrum

BobbyO

SSR Team

Here it is, fire at will..

---

"Had an interesting time in Pocatello last weekend at Becky Cook's Walking With Bigfoot Conference, with Arla, Thom and Scott speaking. Some very different perspectives about sasquatch. Was intrigued to learn from Thom that Patti (that is the P-G film subject) is doing well and is now a grandmother!"

---

The last sentence is one that i'm not sure is a joke or if he is being serious, which if he is, i am a little dumbfounded as to how anyone can openly say this with a straight face.

Well,  Dr Meldrum is a member here, although I doubt he spends much time reading.....

Would you care to comment Dr Meldrum ?

I would just say that whoever knows this has proof of sasquatch, and sharing would be, you know, OK.

Wondering if Jeff's from the Midwest?  There's a sort of MN understatement in "Some very different [my emphasis] perspectives about sasquatch."

I saw that comment, he is just being polite I am sure. He is working with those folks and needs to be friendly on those paying gigs ;)

This comment was taken slightly out of context and what was really said was because of similarities of footprints found in the area many years later, they had the exact same characteristics. Which probably meant Patty was a "grandmother". The thing all must know here is Thom Cantrall is a very funny and articulate guy. He loves to make comments with a comical spin. Nothing really bizarre about his comment. Oh edited to say here, I asked Thom about this comment today.

KB

Guest JiggyPotamus

I hope he was joking, or maybe trying to appease a certain type of person who was present. I do not mean to insult anyone, but there are individuals and even groups with certain beliefs about sasquatch that are quite erroneous to say the least. I would hate to see that Dr. Meldrum would hear something of this nature and actually believe it. That would mean his objectivity has suffered, and for a scientist, this is not a good thing.

I read it as tongue in cheek.

I'd be willing to bet there may have been a small smirk associated with that comment.

Guest Darrell

Well he posted that on his facebook page exactly how its posted by BobbyO. If he meant it to be sarcasitic he didnt write it that way. Hopefully he was trying to show the humor in some of the extreme craziness that exitst in the fringe of this phenomina. However, IMO, I think Dr Meldrum will align himself with anybody that will make him a buck. 

I think I recall reading somewhere that Patty was named after Roger's grand-daughter or something? Could it be somehow related to that? As in the real Patty's child just had a baby?  I don't know, just spitballing and the timing, or the fact itself, could be way off.

Edited by dmaker