Thoughts On A Comment From Dr Meldrum

BobbyO

^ I would think he makes a very decent living being a college professor. I think he is a very intelligent guy who sees any potential financial gain this phenomina will give him. And, IMHO, if it means riding the fence so he can profit from it he will.  I have seen him lecture in person years ago, and he is a friendly and well spoken gentleman, I do admire that. But his associations with controversial personalities and evidence , like Thom Cantrall & the Skookum Cast, only make sense if he desires to continue speaking at conferences, selling books, and leading expeditions. All of which he is paid for.

Darrell,

Again, do you know if he uses any of the money for his research ?  "I would think" he probably does.

His association with anyone controversial at a conference would in my opinion, be a result of who ever was in charge of bookin' speakers. If Jeff is of the opinion the Skookum Cast is evidence for sasquatch, that is his opinion, I disagree with him on it, but that is simply my opinion.

DWA,

I've seen deer get up many a time, hind tracks impressed outside of where body imprint was, front tracks placed ahead of its wrist imprints. I've photos of a deer gettin' up that show what I'm talkin' bout, if you're interested.

My opinion once again, Jeff is doin' just fine an I value his efforts an opinions regardin' the subject. 

Pat...

Darrell, this link only says Thom has had a lifetime interests in the creature. It does not specifically talk about anything telepathic.

KB

Well Pat, I'd be interested in seein' 'em.

But I still have Dr. Swindler to contend with.  If he thinks he's seein' an Achilles' tendon from a giant primate, I'm not sure I'm just sayin' he's wrong.

Guest Darrell

Darrell, this link only says Thom has had a lifetime interests in the creature. It does not specifically talk about anything telepathic.

KB

Sorry, the link is to the BFF thread to the blogtalk podcast where he talked about all the telepathic stuff. The podcast is a MBRT show from 2011.

SSR Team

Thanks Darrell, think I might have to listen to leave myself open mouthed again.

I think there is a HUGE difference between attending a conference with someone and actually working WITH them.

Is Dr. Meldrum actually working WITH Thom?

Additionally, wouldn't a scientist consider all options, then rule them out after say, applying the scientific method and not summarily out of hand?

Guest Darrell

^Why even associate with them? Working for a fed LE agency, its expected that I dont hang out with certain types of people, I dont associate with Hells Angels, Anti Govt groups, drug users, ect. Why should a lettered man of science conducting legitimate research associate with such fringe elements? And really, do you think a researcher who is getting his information from a telepathic link to an elder bigfoot is an option for a legitimate scientific endever?

But I still have Dr. Swindler to contend with.  If he thinks he's seein' an Achilles' tendon from a giant primate, I'm not sure I'm just sayin' he's wrong.

DWA,

Found the photos of deer, no scanner, so will snap pic of them an post them.

Anyone remember where the Skookum Cast thread is, the older one ? I posted images there regardin' the possible Achilles tendon, an what troubled me with it.

Pat...   

See, that's the problem.  Dr Meldrum is backed up on Skookum by not only Swindler, but Schaller and Sariamento (IIRC) as well.

FOUR credentialed scientists with appropriate expertise concurring with each other but everyone else just sniggers and sneers.  Let's see their "peer-reviewed, multiple sourced published paper" showing the four proponents are WRONG. Otherwise the Skookum cast stands unchallenged.

^Why even associate with them? Working for a fed LE agency, its expected that I dont hang out with certain types of people, I dont associate with Hells Angels, Anti Govt groups, drug users, ect. Why should a lettered man of science conducting legitimate research associate with such fringe elements? And really, do you think a researcher who is getting his information from a telepathic link to an elder bigfoot is an option for a legitimate scientific endever?

Darrell,

Criminals don't always look like criminals, nor do drug user's all look like druggies.  People have different opinions on a great many things regardin' this subject, ape or primitive human type, speech or no speech, is somethin' evidence or not evidence, etc. etc. I reckon Jeff goes to conferences to share his work with those interested in his work on the subject. I'd go to listen to Jeff, maybe listen to whom ever, no matter their opinion, an take from the conference what I found of interest. 

Pat...

Meldrum has become Moneymaker. There's nothing wrong with using some imagination.

Kerry,

You do seem to have quite the imagination !

Pat...

It's better than acting like the professor from Gilligans Isle all the time. You have to have a lighter side when talking Bigfoot or people will think you're nuts.

Kerry,

Not sure who that was directed at ?

Myself, I've a great sense of humor. However, I take the subject serious. If one talks ignorantly(true definition) of any subject, that is when people tend to question what one says...or...if one is squirrel bate.

Pat...

For what it worth, Thom Cantrall and I happen to be very good friends. I can assure you he is not crazy, a "drug user", or a "fringe element". Unless you know someone and spend time with them, you shouldn't pass judgment. Thom happens to be one of the most intelligent men I have ever met and a very well versed man. He has done more to help me learn and understand than I ever could have learned by myself. Do I have the same opinion on everything about the BF people as Thom? No, however, that would probably be exactly the same as I would have with anyone.

Below; KB, KB's Wife, Thom Cantrall and Ron Morehead.

543778_4272660139163_1803656458_n_zps434

• Upvote 1

SSR Team

That's cool kb but this is by no means specific character assassination, this is just people raising concerns about something he has said.

Something that is, for me anyway, is a million miles away from even being able to start to comprehend it.