Thoughts On A Comment From Dr Meldrum

BobbyO

BobbyO, I am cool with that. What I am not cool with is some statements in this post regarding my friend. I am speaking as a forum member of my view and not a moderator.

KB

Guest Darrell

BobbyO, I am cool with that. What I am not cool with is some statements in this post regarding my friend. I am speaking as a forum member of my view and not a moderator.

KB

Thats admirable KB. However, you cant get upset that there are some of us who dont think so highly of Mr Cantrall based on his statements and alleged experiences. He continously makes outrageous statements that raise a lot of questions about his credibility. Obviously you see a much different person than I do.

Oh, sure I can get upset. He is my friend and I know him very well and I would get upset if any of my friends were being attacked without being able to defend themselves. That is my prerogative. All I ask is that people be respectful. I will put it this way, if any of your older friends were being discussed in the same manner and they couldn't defend themselves, I would hope you would feel the same way.

KB

• Upvote 2

Guest LarryP

That's cool kb but this is by no means specific character assassination, this is just people raising concerns about something he has said.

Something that is, for me anyway, is a million miles away from even being able to start to comprehend it.

Just because you or Darrell don't comprende, doesn't mean it's not true.

Oh, sure I can get upset. He is my friend and I know him very well and I would get upset if any of my friends were being attacked without being able to defend themselves. That is my prerogative. All I ask is that people be respectful. I will put it this way, if any of your older friends were being discussed in the same manner and they couldn't defend themselves, I would hope you would feel the same way.

KB

Do you believe his claims KB? Not do you believe he believes, but do you actually think he has a long distance telepathic relationship with a Bigfoot mentor?

Guest Darrell

^ And if you dont believe Mr Cantrall's claims, how do you reconcile your own beliefs and experineces with his?

SSR Team

That's cool kb but this is by no means specific character assassination, this is just people raising concerns about something he has said.

Something that is, for me anyway, is a million miles away from even being able to start to comprehend it.

Just because you or Darrell don't comprende, doesn't mean it's not true.

It doesn't, you're right.

But with regards to this I have to go one further and say not only can I not comprehend it ( and bear in mind I am fully aware of this animals existence ), I don't believe it in the slightest neither.

My beliefs much like many other, are all related to things I have seen or heard that help me quantify my rational thinking. I neither believe everything that Thom thinks nor do I disbelieve. The more time I have spent trying to understand this entire enigma, the more I have learned to keep my mind totally open. When I hear things said by people that have been in this longer than me, I normally keep my initial thoughts to myself until I CAN establish it as a true belief. Think about it this way, isn't this entire bigfoot thing completely irrational to what we have been taught? This after all is a myth right? Like, the boogey man, like the monster lurking in your childhood memories, like a made up character that people see.

A few years ago I would have still been thinking it was all just a myth. Even though I see, hear, smell and experience things now, it is still to me hard to believe it all. It is like I keep thinking I will awake from a dream and I would have never really experienced these things, it was all a dream. That has not been the case yet. So, I keep my eyes open, ask questions, look for answers and try and keep premature opinions from leaving my lips. After all, I could wake up right?

KB

• Upvote 2

I hear ya KB, and I commend your open minded approach. But, for me, any effort to keep the paranormal at bay is necessary if one wants to look at this as a biological question.  Of the texts out there that deal with the science involved, there is little mention of all of this paranormal stuff. I don' t see this material getting any serious attention from any scientifically minded groups or individuals. In fact I am not even sure how or why this stuff got associated with BF in the first place. 

So while it is great and noble and all to be open minded, too much of that in this pursuit will expose you to things that are, in my opinion, complete BS and nonsense. Why bother with that when, if BF even exists, it's a fine enough mystery when just treated as a normal, living, breathing animal? 

Maybe the good doctor got "woobied".

1. Woobied

2 thumbs up  
Woobied''-is a technical term for having your mind expanded against your will.

That would be a sad and unfortunate thing, because it would most rationally be a sign of mental illness.

ETA: That's assuming the implication you're making is that it's a "bigfoot" who is forcing this mind expansion on someone against their will.

Edited by GuyInIndiana

dmaker. I can appreciate your thought process that but to be honest, this entire thing is "paranormal" if you use the dictionary definition. Also, the thing you are discussing as for as mind speak, E.S.P. or remote viewing is something that our government has funded for many years. So, it is probably more credible than the subject of this forum, scientifically speaking.

KB

Guest Darrell

Also, the thing you are discussing as for as mind speak, E.S.P. or remote viewing is something that our government has funded for many years. So, it is probably more credible than the subject of this forum, scientifically speaking.

KB

Even though our govt may have conducted tests in the 60's & 70's, the results were at best inconclusive. If this stuff actually worked we would have found Sadaam and Bin Laden from the start and might have even eliminated 9/11. I think it is irresponsible to use such paranormal phenomina in this endever. Its easy to get into the trap of using a paranormal explanation to explain what rationally cant be. The biggest problem I have with all the mind speak nonsense is that somehow one is deemed more worthy to deliver the message and they are chosen to do so. I would think that squatch would pick sombody like Mr Obama over Mr Cantrall or Ms Williams. But who knows, maybe bigfoot has a sense of humor.

The biggest problem I have with all the mind speak nonsense is that somehow one is deemed more worthy to deliver the message and they are chosen to do so. I would think that squatch would pick sombody like Mr Obama over Mr Cantrall or Ms Williams.

And there you have it! The people who have experienced this are not "deemed worthy" by the scoftics, so therefore they are labeled insane or lying.

Sounds like plain old jealousy to me.

But who knows, maybe bigfoot has a sense of humor.

Or maybe Bigfoot just has good taste & intuition.

Edited by Sasfooty