What Have You Learned On The Bff?

Guest COGrizzly

Guest COGrizzly

I first have to say thank you to the BFF. Why? well I've been on here for a number of years and have learned a lot about sasquatch. I've learned a lot about the Patterson Gimlin film. Thanks to Bill and sweaty.

but I have learned a ton of other things from tracking, to human nature, how not to jump to conclusions, what about guns and a lot about nature in general.

so it got me thinking what have you learned Bigfoot or otherwise??

Before coming to the BFF, I had no idea that there is a group of people who think BF can speak telepathically, can teleport, can turn invisible, hop dimensions, read books, speak multiple languages, zap people with infrasound and mimic just about anything in it's environment including animals and machinery. 

I'm not even trying to be funny or snarky. I really had no idea.  Needless to say, certain threads were quite a shock for me at first. 

Edited by dmaker

Hello COGrizzly,

Here's where I'm going to get myself into some hot water. As far as Sasquatch goes? Not much.

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

ive learned things aren't always what they seem & you never really know what some folks are up to.

ive also  learned solid, scientifically accepted proof will probably never come out of the BF community thanks to egos & differing opinions on whats what......not to mention the loonies & hoaxers muddying the water for those who might actually have something.

but most importantly, ive learned there are real people behind these posts.... many with with real problems, stress & heartaches..

...so while I realize the arguments fuel a forum, perhaps we should all do well to remember you don't know what others may be dealing with, so words of encouragement  could go a long way........try it sometimes.

• Upvote 2

I've learned that there is an entire segment of society who ranges from easily malleable to downright gullible. I live literally right down the street from where RD supposedly got his BF body and I spent day after day trying to reason with people here. I desperately tried to help them to understand how absolutely incredibly absurd the entire debacle was. People vehemently and passionately defended his crazy story until the very end. I've learned that if I was the type of person who wished to con people for a living, there are massive hordes of people who would rather believe what they wish to be true, instead of what reason, logic, and the tiniest speck of skeptical objectivity would dispel almost immediately as obvious malarkey.

I've also learned that everything I've already stated above is doubly true when it comes to the whole mass of supposed habituators and their excuses and tall tales, and the groupies who eat up their tales (hook, line, and sinker) without even the slightest consideration for how damaging and counterproductive this phenomenon can be with regards to people with serious intentions of resolving the mystery.

Edited by Irish73

Hello slicktrick,

Nice post. Thoughtful. And you're right. Now maybe I haven't learned that much more than I've already known for the last fifty years but there are many intelligent members here who do have some insightful opinions. But as far as learning much new? I have to be honest, I'm a bit disappointed. Being new myself I've been somewhat reticent but what I have contributed I think does introduce some avenues to pursue on a more scientific basis. Non-overlapping habitat, locomotion, cave dwelling, SSQ's hunting techniques, and, more importantly, a willingness to establish a chronology WRT sightings to determine patterns. 

These are only some of the ideas I have to offer but rather than see a deep discussion on those topics The threads sit idle. No big deal there but my viewpoints stem from a desire to advance study without much in the way of opinion but more in the way of trying to use a multi-discipined approach to the subject across different avenues of already available material. I just wish more would dig in and look more in-depth at different lines of research to develop a clearer whole picture.  

Some have and do take this approach but as a group the Forum is a bit weak.         

Edited by hiflier

I've learned that there are a lot of emotionally and mentally fragile people out there, and critiquing what keeps them in a happy place is about equivalent to shooting their dog.

• Upvote 1

Well what I have learned is that I am not alone in what I am dealing with. That there are others dealing with the same problems and Issues that I have been confronted with. Yet people are not ready to speak open on these issue of this creatures behavior openly. Since it does not fall under the " norm". My skills at tracking have most deffently improve due to reading on proven methods of others. Also having people of being critical of what is being said about this creature is what has made this forum what it is. That being said is the reason why I have stuck to this forum and have nothing bad to say about no one. I believe that everyone has a important role in the discovery of this creature, even if those that do not believe.

I also learned the word Habituating. Never saw or said that one before coming here.

And that many people have much more in the way of nerve and cojones than I will ever have.

Even on Finding Bigfoot, solo camping among cougars, bears and squatches? No way Jose!

Guest Urkelbot

For me reading this forum has made me less of a believer. I do think some of the evidence is compelling and was well put together in meldrums book.

But all the crazy stories of people having special Bigfoot friends and infrasound makes me doubt the existence.

^Why infrasound as a cause of less acceptance?  The phenomenon exists and is documented, as is human sensitivity to it.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes/can-animals-predict-disaster/listening-to-infrasound/133/

Other researchers are studying the idea that infrasonic sound can produce emotions in people. To test this, they asked people at a concert to rate their emotional responses to several pieces of music, some of which had been secretly “spiced†with infrasonic noises. More than a quarter of the listeners reported that the infrasonic melodies produced “ghostly†feelings of anxiety, uneasiness, sorrow, fear, and chills down the spine. Infrasonic sound can also make people nauseous and sick.

There is at least one study underway attempting to document IR sound regarding gorillas.

2003-Present Mountain Gorilla Infrasonic Vocalizations [RWANDA & USA-AZ]

Research on gorilla vocal communication using special equipment to detect and record infrasound, at
Karisoke Research Center, Volcanos National Park, Rwanda; collaboration with Dr.H.Dieter Steklis,
Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund International

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&ved=0CD8QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwild-minds.org%2Fuploads%2FNGSteklis_bio_cv_Jan10.pdf&ei=vUnJUeL7JY3A9QTwt4CQBA&usg=AFQjCNGUItTchXQYk48ChQz2mtHSjKyKAg&sig2=9QQBOwduQs6lgmtLLlFkzA&bvm=bv.48293060,d.eWU

SSR Team

Infrasound is most certainly NOT one of my issues with a lot of what I read on here, that's for sure.