What Have You Learned On The Bff?

Guest COGrizzly

Not everything is as it seams, so keep an open mind and find out for yourself.  But mostly, I have learned more about people than bigfoot.

Edited by BigGinger
To Remove Offensive Content

Guest COGrizzly

Imonacan, mikianni - wowsers.  Bringing out the old dogs.  Both making very good points.

And of course Ace! makes an awesome statement!

• 6 months later...

Local indian stories of Sasquatch abducting females for mates, as recently as the early 1900s, are in the John Green database, I believe.

SSR Team

Miozincky (sp?) told a story about a woman who got taken by one but I can't remember the date or area, maybe Wyoming, and came back pregnant, had the kid which died at 8 years old and was almost 6 foot then.

I think you'll find references in Tribal Bigfoot and The Hoopa Project as well. 

This would not surprise me, my second-hand contacts with the tribal people in the area are vague but suggest such things.  I don't think Paulides is manufacturing that information.

MIB

learned that apparently almost everyone here is an expert on seemingly everything from physics, to mathematics, videography, every species of animal behavior and anatomy, genetics, sociology, anthropology, science theory, bio diversity thermography.... just to name a few.

must be the most intelligent forum on the web :geek:

• Upvote 1

I've learned that some people will believe almost anything you tell them as long as it has a hint of bigfoot. And if it doesn't, they will add it...

True,

But you will always have both voluble and entrenched extremes.  Those who see bigfoot in everything and those who see bigfoot in nothing.  Wise folks will filter out both extremes in favor of well-reasoned consideration.

• Upvote 2

^^ One is no longer considered "wise" around here if after well-reasoned consideration one concludes that bigfoot is not likely to exist given current information and evidence. One only remains "wise" as long as one leaves the door open a crack for bigfoot.  Here, at least, that seems to be the hallmark of wisdom.   Phrases like "open minded" and "wise" are fancy ways of saying please accept bigfoot without proper evidence. 

Guest thermalman

I've learned that "foot in mouth" disease is viral, and that I have also been infected the odd time (eg. Ketchum thread). ;)

Edited by thermalman

Umm....not to get too weird here, but umm, have you ever been a teenager in a farming community? If you think this kind of behavior is limited to other species, well....got to tell you. I had some very, very weird and twisted friends back then. Most all have gone on to become upstanding and productive members of society. (And yes, alcohol was involved. And no, please don't respond to this post!)

[sigh] another day in the Southeastern Conference.  If professionally getting a concussion sounds like a career goal, let's get started...

I have definitely learned - or maybe just reinforced my belief - that too many of us know too little about animals and are too quick to apply the word "monster" to stuff.

Edited by DWA

learned that apparently almost everyone here is an expert on seemingly everything from physics, to mathematics, videography, every species of animal behavior and anatomy, genetics, sociology, anthropology, science theory, bio diversity thermography.... just to name a few.

must be the most intelligent forum on the web :geek:

LOL!  Plussed.

Ain't it something?

@WSA - it's common in our species no doubt.  Seems like about every years someone in the Midwest makes the news for that.

SSR Team

Umm....not to get too weird here, but umm, have you ever been a teenager in a farming community? If you think this kind of behavior is limited to other species, well....got to tell you. I had some very, very weird and twisted friends back then. Most all have gone on to become upstanding and productive members of society. (And yes, alcohol was involved. And no, please don't respond to this post!)

Yep, I'll go one better ( or worse ). I had a Turkish/Cypriot friend when I was younger and it was common knowledge and public that his Dad as a teen back in Northern Cyprus used to have a Chicken ( or multiple chickens, I never worked that part out ) that he used to have that kind of intereaction with.

And he wasn't the only one in that part of the world too.

Edited by BobbyO