N A W A C - Field Study Discussion

slabdog

As I said, study up on the source material. We see a lot of parallels between observed primate behavior in known great apes and the ones we're interacting with in the Ouachitas. Anyone who's been following along who also has a basic understanding of what primates do can see that. It's the main reason people like Jane Goodall and Ian Redmond have given the subject the attention and consideration that have. 

I'm assuming you are referring to the readily available books and studies regarding Great Ape research in Central Africa.

What kind of attention have Jane Goodall and Ian Redmond given to the Wood Ape?  Surely not financial backing of your efforts?

Yes, because the Giant Apes in the Mountains of Eastern Oklahoma are surely doing the same things that the Chimps of Africa are doing!!

Doing what? You just claimed it wasn't caught on thermal imagery and was all CGI fiction..........

And then you turn around and bash the NAWAC for not having enough "evidence"? ;)

LMAO!

What? How can you say that the Wood Apes of Oklahoma are doing what the Chimps of Africa are doing, based on a few stories?

DWA said 

This isn't really that strange.  It's similar to activity reported for known primates (chimps and gorillas particularly).

Then I said 

guess I am missing which part of it is similar to chimp and gorilla behavior?   It's not the aversion to game cams, it's not the ability to avoid bullets, it can't be the repeated coordinated missile assaults on the cabin, it can't be the part where they live and survive in Oklahoma hardwood forests.  I am just not seeing the parallels.  Can you be more specific?

Then Flashman2.0 said

This part, where they try to encircle the pink monkeys...

And posted the video to the BBC's fake thermal imagery, and no footage of the apes actually encircling a monkey.

My point is, there is no evidence put forth, other than stories, that the 'Wood Apes' are acting like Chimpanzees.

I don't know why you are questioning me, I'm not the one claiming they are.

Your right of course............wood Apes in Oklahoma DO NOT hunt monkeys!!!

OBTW:

Do you have any hard evidence to back up your assertion that the BBC's thermal imagery is fake?

Dr. M has been to the ridgeline outside Honobia before although only one evening, I believe some small rock or pebble throws may have occurred while he was there but nothing the Doc seemed interested in.

Edited by GEARMAN

Has Ian Redmond ever expressed an interest in visiting X?

Yes.

Or Dr Meldrum?

He's been invited.

Neither of them have been there yet.

I think Melba and Adrian did the press conference because they just listened to the last podcast of Bipto's and they know time is running out for Biggie avoiding a cold slab.