N A W A C - Field Study Discussion

slabdog

One BF shooting that I investigated with the shooter at site of the incident is detailed in the report linked below.

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/

Click on "Stories,sightings,encounters, letters" in left-hand column, look at Arkansas reports for Johnson County :Shooting,

There have been many, many reports of BF shootings. A good web search will find a lot of them.

Thanks Branco. I just read your very gripping report about this Arkansas shooting. Personally, I'd like to think the BF survived (otherwise, such a waste), but am curious if the hunter believed his shots to be lethal, particulary the first throat shot? (as I understood it). At the very least it sounds like a large BF might be walking around with half a dozen .22s in his back. Something I'd imagine it could survive but would make him even more dangerous to encounter. And yes, while I fall in the camp of "pro kill" for a first specimen, I do agree that the NAWAC folk better have a smart extraction plan. Half a dozen enraged BFs is not a party I'd want to attend.

SSR Team

We'll have to wait and see what, if anything, is released by Sykes. But DWA is correct. Regardless of what's released and how that pertains to the wood ape's acceptance as a real animal, we're not leaving X any time soon.  

Thanks for answering B, appreciate it.

WSA, Gotta Know, hiflier & the parkie: To keep from messing up the NAWAC's thread any further, I will respond to each of your questions or comment by a joint PM if that's OK. It will be tomorrow afternoon late, got to attend a funeral. If not OK, just PM me.

One of the 20th century white hunters in Africa, claimed that the gorillas were extremely unhardy hunting targets, and died easily, he was uncomfortable shooting them because they were such easy targets, and not good game hunting.  It was Ionides or Kalman Kittenberger, I can't remember which one.   

From a hunter's standpoint Drew I would agree......... A gorilla is not apart of the "big five" for a reason. But I don't think we can make a blanket statement about all primates. After all, as Ernest Hemingway put it..........

There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/e/ernesthemi395443.html#vPhPYrgAphxBJxMv.99

From a hunter's standpoint Drew I would agree......... A gorilla is not apart of the "big five" for a reason. But I don't think we can make a blanket statement about all primates. After all, as Ernest Hemingway put it..........

There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/e/ernesthemi395443.html#vPhPYrgAphxBJxMv.99

I thought we established that neither of us thought it was a man. Lulz.

They will, but I'd wager quite a bit that what they'll be losing it over is that the giant hairy forest monster is the real deal after all, not in how it was proven. 

CNN day one:  BIGFOOT IS REAL

CNN day two:  HOW COULD THEY!

No good deed goes unpunished.  Sticking your neck out is a good way to get your head cut off...

• Upvote 1

Guest Squatchologist

cant wait until NAWAC puts all this to bed and gets body

Edited by Squatchologist

CNN day one:  BIGFOOT IS REAL

CNN day two:  HOW COULD THEY!

No good deed goes unpunished.  Sticking your neck out is a good way to get your head cut off...

It's the irony of this field - and perhaps instructive - that the one place NOT to go for information is the mainstream media, with their unerring Nonsense Radar that seems to find the nonsense, and only the nonsense.

NAWAC doesn't want news crews within a country mile; and the treatment of the topic shows a good reason why.

NAWAC doesn't want news crews within a country mile; and the treatment of the topic shows a good reason why.

That's a bit of a double edged sword, they'll write you up nasty if they think they're being denied access also.

Also I'm hoping there is a robust, multiply redundant way of getting news, images and the specimen "out" into the public eye and in the hands of those who are guaranteed to study and publish, otherwise this looks like egotistical trophy hunting. IMO you have to set the wires on fire otherwise it would be very simple to contain. Ask yourself, "Can our process survive a Federal NDA within 24 hours?" ... of course the question of such things actually happening is seen as as open as the question of the existence of the wood ape itself, but why risk failure.

I am hoping here, that they actually solve a mystery, not just spawn a whole new one. As in "They said they had one, then what the hell happened?"

The extra annoying thing about that is that one has to preserve ultra transparency at the same time in order to avoid "chain of evidence" confidence attack, yah seriously, I bet you can have chunks of monkey at every university in the Eastern US, with them confirming it was unknown and there will be cries of hoax because there was an hour where you couldn't account for it. (With documentary back up, in triplicate, with your long form birth certs... )

All I'm saying is don't put all the eggs in one basket (We couldn't figure out what the sample was so we sent it to the biohazard incinerator...) and have some sort of shock and awe program that is unstoppable, that you can't even stop. (Under court order, subpoena, secret law or whatever)

Though for minimal federal involvement, now would be a real good time.

If you kill a Wood Ape, you call John Hawks, he would be most interested in cataloging a North American Ape Thing/Person.

He is at University of Wisconsin.  Call him.  He is all about open access and all that.

Well, his initial reaction to Ketchum was "no data, no discovery."  In a let's see sense, not a gotta-be-kidding-me sense.

There'd be worse to call.