N A W A C - Field Study Discussion

slabdog

Have you shot one before or no someone who has? How do you know they wouldn't cry like babies and run off when their friend is shot. If accounts are to be believed Bigfoot is much more flight then fight.

No I have not shot one, never gave it a thought, even when a big male was within 3 feet of me at 2.a.m. I was alone; he was alone, not a problem for either one of us, at least after I got over the initial shock of seeing him.

Yes, I know several who have shot them, and failed to humanely find the wounded animalsand finish the job after they botched it.

If alone, they do try to get the ---- out of Dodge when they are shot or shot at. It would be unusual for a single mail to investigate a group of people in their territory.That's a group thing situation. Been there, done that a few time in a few states. 

Edited by Branco

Hello All,

If some of the reports are true then they do cry like babies when shot and they do run off... AS WOULD I IF I COULD! I have yet to run across any retaliatory incidences as a result though. This is NOT to be construed as a license to not use common sense though. If anyone is aware of repercussions as a result of such a happening then I would think now would be the time to come forth with any info. There is stuff in a database I will check through however in any case.

Edited by hiflier

I actually have no ill-will against any of you and what you are doing. The unsettling thing is that your group is convinced that by killing one from the Ouachitas the entire BF mystery will be solved. Nothing could be further from the truth, as you will - to your chagrin - discover shortly after the deed is done.

Yah, I'm wondering about that. I'm thinking it will be "Well okay they exist in the Ouachitas but nowhere else" *bang* okay, California too, *bang* okay Vermont *bang* and Washington state, ... ... ...

Though there does seem to be some indication that there is enough variation between the southern boogers, north eastern hominids and west coast "bigfoot" that they might be genetically distinct populations and possibly different species. A sort of chimpanzee-bonobo-bili ape type relationship.

Edit: well that was kind of an unfinished thought... the above meaning that there may be some justification for collecting a specimen from each region. Though you'd hope "science" would be willing to put forth the effort (predator drones or something) to study them alive after there's one slabmonkey.

Edited by Flashman2.0

Yes, I know several who have shot them, and failed to humanely find the wounded animals and finish the job after they botched it.

Branco

In your knowledge or opinion, why did none of them manage to despatch their quarry cleanly and humanely with one shot?

Thanks.

Edited by the parkie

I'm not an expert on game shooting shot placement but my impression is that hunters, either mistaking a BF for a game animal, or making a snap decision shot, are likely to shoot it in the gut..... Due to the chest position and depth of game animals which are horizontal to the ground putting their hearts and lungs in a different position to something that is more likely vertical or diagonal to the ground at the time.

I should add that I assumed that the shooters Branco was refering to were knowingly attempting to kill a Bigfoot. If this was not the case Branco, then please disregard the question if you wish.

Yes, taken that way though, we can still wonder if an experienced hunter, thoroughly proficient at taking game animals with one shot one kill, either learning shot placement by rote from his grampaw or through practical experience, might misjudge where to put it on a booger that he deliberately hunted. The "thinking" hunter who is able to relate the shot placement to projected internal anatomy, a more theoretical hunter, would IMO have the greater chance of success. In theory though, a hunter who  is a front line combat veteran from a "shooting war" should be close to the perfect choice...

However, in a surprise encounter where the shooters believe themselves to be under attack, we might suspect "stormtrooper" marksmanship under pressure. Much as has been observed in police shootouts, low proportion of shots fired hitting target.

Hello All,

If some of the reports are true then they do cry like babies when shot and they do run off... AS WOULD I IF I COULD! I have yet to run across any retaliatory incidences as a result though. This is NOT to be construed as a license to not use common sense though. If anyone is aware of repercussions as a result of such a happening then I would think now would be the time to come forth with any info. There is stuff in a database I will check through however in any case.

The Fred Beck account comes to mind.

One of the 20th century white hunters in Africa, claimed that the gorillas were extremely unhardy hunting targets, and died easily, he was uncomfortable shooting them because they were such easy targets, and not good game hunting.  It was Ionides or Kalman Kittenberger, I can't remember which one.   

Yah, I'm wondering about that. I'm thinking it will be "Well okay they exist in the Ouachitas but nowhere else" *bang* okay, California too, *bang* okay Vermont *bang* and Washington state, ... ... ...

Though there does seem to be some indication that there is enough variation between the southern boogers, north eastern hominids and west coast "bigfoot" that they might be genetically distinct populations and possibly different species. A sort of chimpanzee-bonobo-bili ape type relationship.

Edit: well that was kind of an unfinished thought... the above meaning that there may be some justification for collecting a specimen from each region. Though you'd hope "science" would be willing to put forth the effort (predator drones or something) to study them alive after there's one slabmonkey.

I think that the way it will go is that confirmation suddenly raises the extreme likelihood that reports from areas other than the Ouachitas are in fact authentic, and that research in those areas by full-time funded scientific teams can proceed the same way it does in primate research in other places.

Once the animal is taken seriously, one will at least no longer need to present a specimen in order to have it taken seriously.

Branco, you said: "If you had ever looked one of the teenage males in the face in broad daylight in open woods at a distance of about fifty feet, you would have seen no "ape" in him. I am aware that nothing I say will ever give you pause to think."

What was it about your encounter that gave you this impression? I understand it might be hard to articulate, but can you? I'd love to know your thoughts.

Great to have you posting on the board. I look fowward to hearing anything from you regarding what you've experienced.

Branco

In your knowledge or opinion, why did none of them manage to despatch their quarry cleanly and humanely with one shot?

Thanks.

In my opinion, it was the shooters' fear of the possible consequences in all cases.

Based on the statements made to me by some members of another organized group of pro-kill Bigfoot hunters in another state, (who, by the way refer to them as something more sinister than a Wood Ape to justify their efforts to "kill one for science") one of the creatures was shot with a high-powered rifle at night from an elevated deer stand. The animal was reportedly badly injured. It ran into a new pine plantation where it fell and began to scream and yell in pain. Although the animal could be heard by the whole group of hunters - plus others at their camp who were unable to hunt - and was seen and watched by another hunter in a different stand who was using a high grade pair of night vision binoculars. The injured animal reportedly remained at the point he had fallen until two other Bigfoot who were heard vocalizing and traveling toward the injured one from different directions. According to some of those involved, the injured animal was carried off by the other two. (The overall event has been discussed, cussed, and rehashed on that groups' web site & at least one member has written about his version of the incident on another web site.)

There was another incident in which a Bigfoot was shot at night, injured and ran away leaving spots of blood. It to reportedly fell to the ground in a nearby creek bed and began screaming until two others came to its aid and carried it off. Reportedly, neither of the two (or possibly three) men followed the animal to kill it. (A very detailed report of the background and details of that incident was posted on the BFRO's website shortly after the event occurred. Please note that the BFRO had absolutely no part in the planning or execution of this shooting. They were simply responding to a call for assistance from the "shooters". If I am not mistaken, two of the BFRO's people arrived about the time of the shooting. (I would have furnished a link to that report, but there is a problem with the BFRO's server now, or at least Google keeps telling me that.) Just so you know, this event occurred a few years ago in Le Flore County, Oklahoma.

Just about everyone that has been involved in Bigfoot field work for a few years knows about the two cases cited above, Since the event happened a few years ago, this reply is for the newer members that do not know about them.

One BF shooting that I investigated with the shooter at site of the incident is detailed in the report linked below.

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/

Click on "Stories,sightings,encounters, letters" in left-hand column, look at Arkansas reports for Johnson County :Shooting,

There have been many, many reports of BF shootings. A good web search will find a lot of them.

Edited by Branco

DANG IT! I said I wouldn't post anything else on the NAWAC thread! Sorry. If I knew how to do that I would move it to a new tread, but I don't.