Tree Manipulation/ Wood Structures: What Is The Evidence?

WSA

Report of branch twist, absent any weather event, with photo:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=21240

This ones easy it was a group of teens. The musky smell was most likely the unwashed teenage boys who got a little to rowdy yanking on the tree.

Seriously come on you expect anyone to believe bigfoot could have remained undiscovered if its going to go into what looks like suburbs or some kind of neighborhood and tear apart tree limbs?

• Upvote 1

^^^^To your point, I don't consider BF to be undiscovered. Unconfirmed, yes. BIG difference, but that debate is not what this thread is addressing. BF is where the evidence says it is, to state something fairly obvious.  If there is a better explanation for this kind of activity (and no, sorry, I don't consider yours to be any better) the evidence fails...also an obvious point. Man lives in the remotest regions of the Americas, and in downtown Manhattan, and makes a pretty good living in both places. We are clever enough to exploit the extremes of the environment, Sasquatch hanging out in the 'burbs means it is exploiting only a small slice of the spectrum. This is far from a fantastic assertion. 

Since you weigh in here Faenor, and more on topic, let me pick your brain. Have you ever found, or seen, or heard of a tree limb  with that kind of  break?  Do you know what species of tree it is? Do you know what kind force is needed to make it? How do you know? Just curious, because I have my own answers to those questions.  

the people who don't get the diff between evidence and proof; real and unacknowledged; undiscovered and not-yet-discovered-by-the-ignorant:  it is to shake one's head, vigorously.

What does your comment have to do with tree breaks?  You make the same comment in every thread and then complain about people pushing agendas and being off topic.

Edited by dmaker
  • Upvote 4

^^^It's like little blue leaves; my posts, like the water bringing them forth...

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=3008

Witness observers BF reaching up and breaking branch from a tree.

Report of branch twist, absent any weather event, with photo:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=21240

Any smart scientist goes, whoa.

Practically everything connected with this animal, a person has actually observed one of the animals actually doing.

Nothing we know of creates that break.  Unless we say "something a lot of us know of, that's been actually observed doing it."

WSA: The term "tree manipulation" is so broad that some folks are prone to attribute all manner of natural breakage, damage and deformation of trees to BF. An example; several years ago I visited with a very well known BF "hunter" on his "prime" research property in an adjoining state. I was pretty sure there was BF on that land because I had found old BF tracks before he arrived. Over much of the old oak wetlands there were spindly sweet gum, elm and pine trees covered by honeysuckle, cross vines, green briers, etc. The weight of vines on these tall, but thin, trees had bent the tips to the ground, forming cave-like recesses under them. My host pointed out every one of those we passed as being known BF beds, although the duff under the structures had never been compacted or disturbed.

Most of the time it is not hard to determine if softwood trees have been broken by snow/ice loads in our area. The snow/ice accumulates on the side exposed to the winds at the time of loading, causing nearly all of the trees to fall in the same direction when they break.

Another factor causing some strange configurations of fallen trees is the severe damage done by various destructive insects. Different types of trees in a particular area that die and fall at different times and in different directions can present a puzzling "formation"..

Having said that - which most woods rats already know - I can say with absolute certainty that Bigfoot does manipulate, twist, twist off live trees and sometimes moves large dead-fall trees to serve their purpose. If the twists and twisted off trees - usually softwoods but not always - are of a significant size, the evidence that a BF was responsible can be seen clearly by close inspection in nearly every case. The same can be said about large fallen trees that BF have moved for a purpose.

If a living softwood trees, with a diameter of about, or greater than 4â€, are twisted and bent to the ground or left hanging, there will be clearly seen abrasions on the trunks or on major limbs that show the approximate width of the BF’s hands. The abrasions often remove the bark and expose the cambium layer. (The condition of the sap that seeps from the cambium can give a person a very good estimate of the time of the damage.) If the “twists†were done fairly recently, and heavy rains or snow have not obliterated them, there will be BF feet impressions in the ground or duff at the spot the initial force was applied. Tree twists or twist offs are nearly always meant to be territorial markers for BF as purple “No Trespassing†signs are for humans. Many of the “twists†I’ve closely inspected occur on property that had no residential housing or hunting camps on it for many years, but was purchased and developed or leased to hunters who built permanent camp houses on it. In one particular case in the western part of our state, a couple had cut a road onto several acres they had purchased and placed a “tip out†travel trailer near the center of that land. BF gave them Hades for years. During one trip over there I saw a fairly large maple tree that had been broken over and twisted. The damage to the bark on the trunk and lower limbs, and tracks in the nearby garden showed convincing evidence that more than one BF pulled the tree down.

A few years ago I was called by a member (later a LEO) of a hunting club in the central part of the state. Their leased land was very hilly and steep in places. There was also a gas/oil pipeline that ran across the property. The members made an ATV trail alongside the pipeline to access a hunting stand on top of a ridge near the eastern border of their lease. At one point on the trail, it closely passed a steep cliff which had been made by dozers when the pipeline was laid. The timber on the opposite side of the trail was very thick – mostly blackjack oak with a few old grown pines – and the hillside was strewn with large rock and boulders. Some of the old pines had been killed by borers and had been felled by the wind or some other force.

I was called by a member I knew well and who had experienced an encounter with a BF a few years earlier, because he wanted me to see something that would interest me, A few members, he and I drove to the cliff. They showed me a long section of a very large dead pine with part of the root system, stump and broken limbs attached. That part of the tree had been dragged from its original location and placed across the ATV trail a few nights before I arrived. That original position was about twenty five yards of the trail. The tree’s placement and its diameter effectively blocked the use of the trail by an ATV, Tracks along the drag trail clearly showed that more than two BF had moved the tree. A chain saw, two ATVs and some men finally removed the tree from the trail.

That county has generated several BF reports lately and many in the past, some of which I have investigated and posted on the BFRO and other web sites.

Pardon the long post; I know some member have complained about that. J  

Edited by Branco
  • Upvote 3

Long post from you Branco? Never a problem for me. Your keen observational skills, and your succinct way of describing those observations always gives me lots to consider. Thanks for weighing in. And this is just it: When all downed and broken trees are either BF related or weather, or beetle kill...well, that would be a problem for the one trying to get to the bottom of it. Here^^^we see some clues as to why a tree is not a tree is not a tree.

Trees get dragged in to block off ATV and off road trails in general all the time. Many multi-use trails around here suddenly end up with a tree across it.  It is the horse riders and pedestrians that do it who believe that motorized vehicles have no place on the trails.  

• Upvote 1

Trees get dragged in to block off ATV and off road trails in general all the time. Many multi-use trails around here suddenly end up with a tree across it.  It is the horse riders and pedestrians that do it who believe that motorized vehicles have no place on the trails.  

Don't doubt you for a second, but totally unrelated to the incident I described.

• Upvote 1

Don't doubt you for a second, but totally unrelated to the incident I described.

I never said it was related. Your tale reminded me that I come across things like this all the time on the trails. In fact, information like this is important to off road message boards so that people don't destroy their Jeeps and such because some pedestrian dropped a log across the trail.  I'm sure some enthusiasts have seen such events and attributed them to bigfeets marking the trail or some such.

• Upvote 1

I have posted pictures of tree breaks before.

My own set of rules are thus;

Is the tree living? Yes.

Was it broken or twisted off by natural forces? No.

Is the tree break something a human could do with bare hands? No.

Is there sign of other known animals around in the vicinity? No

Well then you may be on to something, and it may be a good area to search in.

• masterbarber unpinned this topic