Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?

Lake County Bigfooot

Thanks Boolywooger!  It was reading Freeman Young that I really started considering the possibility of Sasquatch

living in proximity to me, though I never expected they were living in the marsh I live on.  I did a lot of research in

my area, turned up stick structures, and some strange activity in a State Park.  I started reading the BFRO reports

around my area, along with Google Earthing the sighting locations.   What I turned up was that all the sightings had

very relevant geography and surrounding food sources.  I could see how some sightings were really related to others

by greenways, bike paths, railways, ect...  I am convinced that Sasquatch exist is small numbers very near to urban

centers, by near I mean as far as the terrain allows them.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

http://www.blogtalkr...from-california  Midnight Walkers-blog talk radio did on a show on the Urban Bigfoot

topic, link above.  Freeman Young, whose writings and ideas I read before my activity started was on the 

show.  It was his notion of them operating around his urban environment that got me going on the topic.  

The host had read this thread, and my story, and said it struck a chord with him, he mentions Boolywooger

and his experiences as well.  Kind of hoping you would share some of that here, or point to where you 

have shared it in the past.  I have wondered how daring these creatures will be, the show certainly points 

in the direction I suspected.  I have had some reservations about Freeman in the past, only because some

of his accounts were so spectacular, but the more I have been around the subject the less that surprises me.

So for now I give people the benefit of the doubt on most of what they offer from experience, even if it does

not pass the mustard with my left brain, I'll probably stir up some skeptics with that statement...oh well  

Animals will be as daring as they are allowed to be.

There's no animal less likely to get disturbed on a dumpster or garbage pile than this one.  Think about it.  Your first impression is of a person.  Now...do you want to yell at that person...?

Never mind tell anyone what you saw.

It wouldn't surprise me if some sasquatch made a regular habit of this.  Easy food, little likelihood of being bothered or shot...they're gonna do what any other animal is gonna do and has done.

Putting the recorder back out tonight, first time 2014.  Not sure there is any point except to see

if anything is active.  I would like to get some bearings on the coyotes.......I'll keep you posted

on anything interesting.  2013 ended with some interesting stuff in the late fall, so early spring

may be interesting as well.

There is an interesting snow track find listed on the recent findings of the BFRO, from Vilas Wis, last December.

I have been waiting for at least one, and it came from very far north, which indicates the continued presence lasting

beyond snowfall and cold.  I think the near six foot span in the gate is interesting, like it was limiting what it left behind

out in the open.

Putting the recorder back out tonight, first time 2014.  Not sure there is any point except to see

if anything is active.  I would like to get some bearings on the coyotes.......I'll keep you posted

on anything interesting.  2013 ended with some interesting stuff in the late fall, so early spring

may be interesting as well.

Interesting that you should call this weather spring.  :biggrin:  The snow just keeps getting deeper up here and more subzero weather predicted into March.  It's been hard for the deer to find food this winter and starving deer are easy prey.  

Good luck, hope you get something on your recorder.  

Meteorological spring is late this week, at least for my area, however the prediction of cold and snow is holding

true here as well with -10 predicted later this week, will it ever end?  I am just curious to see if my coyote pack is

back together.  Seem like they kind of split up in the winter, like every dog for himself, and then become more of

a pack in the summer.  I guess it could be hard to hear them at times in the winter, but I have not heard any pack

activity for a while.  I was surprised to see the forecast well into March holds true to what this winter has been like,

we may not melt the snow till early April at best.

I was discussing with BobbyO a theory that I think might be somewhat valid concerning the Squatch that have been spotted in the Chicagoland area.   There seems to be an inordinate number of sightings in the South, near Seneca, and Marseilles, Ottawa, near the confluence of the Fox and Illinois rivers, then also near the confluence of the Des Plaines river.  I think that during the winter months these areas concentrate the Sasquatch due to a sort of seasonal migration, although I would call it more of a gathering of the clans, which I think number 2-3 maybe more in number per clan, and maybe 2-4 clans.  So I am guessing a total number of the creatures to be around 15 individuals that use the area, of course I could be way off it could be only 3 or 4 individuals,  though sightings have occurred in more than one location during the same time frame.  If I am correct in my theory then sightings will be more frequent in the winter months Oct-April in the southern region, then pick up elsewhere during the other months, I guess that leaves me to do some number crunching, but at first glance the theory seems to have some merit.  Also this would allow them to do some breeding with a larger group, diversifying the gene pool slightly.  I would guess if humans were isolated from there kind for a long period of time they would have the urge to gather.  So why not the Squatch, makes sense don't it. And if certain conditions in an area are more favorable in the winter, well why not gather there, like the cooling pond of a nuclear power plant to do a little hot tubbing, say in the LaSalle Lake cooling pond of the nuclear power plant.  I would guess that it would attract a lot of game.....all kidding aside I suspect that something along this order is really happening, and it seems to be demonstrated in the sighting data.

There does appear to be a very large number of sightings in Illinois.  Not sure if you had come across this site, but Stan Courtney took the trouble to document and link these sightings to reports and news articles.  Quite an impressive number.  I did not check each one to see the time of year they took place that might go along with your theory.

http://www.communitywalk.com/IllinoisBigfootSightings

Bigfoot Living Among the Ruins of Detroit!

By Michael Bachman February 15th, 2014

DETROIT (Cryptozoology News) — A family claims they saw a strange ape-like creature Thursday afternoon coming out of the window of an abandoned house on the outskirts of the desolate city.

C. Brown, his wife, and their two children said they were “driving around, looking to buy a new houseâ€, when they allegedly witnessed the unidentified beast.

More:  http://cryptozoologynews.com/bigfoot-living-in-detroit-ruins-house/

:sungum:  Wow this is precisely what I have been looking for Sasfooty!!!!!

Readers, please read the above story from Sasfooty who has done my homework for me, much thanks      :nyam:

She has included a link to a story of an apparently urban dwelling Sasquatch, who had taken up residence

in an abandoned building....in the Detroit proper...that is about as urban as it gets...hope the BFRO puts this

one on the map.   Why I continue this thread is because I know that these creatures are living very near to us

and possibly in the most unlikely places, they are bold and smart and generally avoid detection, but I also think

they know when it is time to get out of dodge, as I bet this creature in the story will be looking for a new crib to

spend the night..seriously..  

http://doubtfulnews.com/2014/02/cryptozoology-news-its-fake/

Yah I suspected that source was not very reliable, and even mentioned that fact, so I included a different story that I feel better

represents the subject, but thanks for your input.  I do think that such a situation could happen, even as it was described, albeit

unlikely.

Interesting Topic.  This is kind of related to my "pet" theory about the evolution of bigfoot.  It seems to me that anytime modern humans came into contact with other hominids that other hominid became extinct. There used to be several types of hominids on the planet and now there is just one.  The last "non-modern human" hominids to have survived would have been the ones in isolated areas where humans had not ventured and the ones most adept at "avoiding humans".  The dog survived and prospered while the wolf almost went extinct. The reason the dog flourished because it evolved a very acute understanding of human beings and human behavior.  In someways your dog knows more about you than you do.  

I propose that a similar thing occurred with the evolution of bigfoot.  They have evolved to avoid detection by human beings. They are keen observers (from a distance) of human behavior.  They know where humans go and don't go.  They keep tract of all human beings in their area.  This area would even explain the supposed dislike that bigfoots have for dogs. If you an animal that wants to avoid detection by human beings you must be able to deal with the dog.  Kill the dog or terrify the dog so that it doesn't chase.

Under this theory, it would make some sense that bfs would venture into the outer edges of urban areas.  

Yah Bigfootnis, I agree.  This ability to avoid detection of humans has been perfected over millennia.   I think that in general

people have no concept of the stealth this creature possesses.  Many have alluded to the creature disappearing in plain sight,

well I think they could simulate that with their speed and agility.  Not to mention using infra sound to dull the senses of the humans

who have gotten to close to them.