Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?

Lake County Bigfooot

I am highlighting some of the fall recording stuff just

for anyone who may have just come onto the thread

This is all recorded about 50 yards from my back door

adjacent to my secluded little marsh. 

I started recording due to hearing very clear vocalizations

over a 10 day period.

Siren, Banging, coyotes,  clearly something is really doing some loud knocking, but first it seems to imitate the siren that you hear at the instant the recording starts, then all the coyotes go off

So on to the next recording, the same type of banging/tree knocking then strange moaning howls coming from across the marsh.

To me the combination of them and the differences spell out what is responsible

The distance of the Moan Howl comes from is about 400 yards across the marsh and

it is directly responding to the knocking that is not my own, it comes from an unidentified

source that will suggest is a younger Squatch who has proven to be excitable.

I will let you decide, unless my neighbors are up at 3:30am banging on the trees, wood on wood, something else is living nearby,

the semi urban feel of my yard is all to apparent by the car noise and sirens, and at times drunk folks getting out of local bars.

One of which sits right near the end of my marsh, wonder how many drunks have woken up the following morning and thought

did I really see that.....

sirens coyotes tree knocks.mp3

Banging Moan Howl.mp3

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Great recordings!!  One comment about the banging and thrashing, I know for a fact that coyotes can't do that.......

• 2 weeks later...

So here are some more of the recordings

that I found interesting last year, and I re-submit

them for those who were not visiting the thread

at the outset.

On the moan howl you will hear the sliding door (16-17 sec.) make

weird sound when I close, then off in the distance

a moan howl(20-24 sec.) from about 400 yards, seems to be

saying stay outside and entertain me.

Then the edited version of what I think is a

juvenile squatch whooping it up just after

dawn in the marsh.....ambient noise was

removed....

Headphones highly recommended

So with spring just around the corner I am going to resume my recordings, noticing signs of life, herons are returning, cranes, I even

heard an anxious chorus frog pushing for some 50+ days, with the wave of life I will be listening for the return of what I would call my

seasonal residents, they may just be here for the sweet marsh tubers when freshly grown in late June and July, then do to the abundance of food and cover hang around...that is my opportunity to listen in, as well as interact at some level

3 whoops junior going off edited.mp3

Well still a bit too soggy out back to start up my recording, though I also think that it in not the timing for this area, which

will be when leaves get going again, late April this year by the looks of things.  This has been a very tough winter in many

regards, but the added moisture from all the snow will help our marsh and native wildlife.  I look forward to the warmer temps

and recording again, as well as conducting local research.  My pet theory is that the Squatches in this region move toward

the confluence of the river systems in the fall and then spread back out later in spring.  So if I am correct the sightings will

start near La Salle IL, then spread northward if we are lucky enough to get any....

I have been in New Mexico and Arizona since last Saturday, and I have to say really enjoyed the terrain and Squatchy quality to

the Mountains of northern New Mexico and Central Arizona.  I drove a fair amount in the night in some pretty good areas and it

really kept me on the edge of my seat hoping for something to occur, saw a few deer....

Sometimes I find it hard to sleep, that is what I am doing here, pondering stuff I heard today. 

Todd Standing and Jeff Meldrum have a radio show that sounds good starting tomorrow, check out

BigfootNorth.com. for further details.  Sounds like some credible things have resurrected Standing's

reputation as of late, we should be wary but hopeful....

Guest Alex MW

I can tell you that you d be amazed where Bigfoot can be found. I d encourage any naysayers to get out there at night and figure it out for themselves. They have nothing to fear at night if there's nothing in the suburb woods so it should be a cake walk. Bring a good recorder to document the night if possible and then share your findings on this thread

• Upvote 1

I really have not been that excited about the local Sasquatch potential this spring, well that was till yesterday.  Last fall in the State Park by my home, I saw this row of fence posts with a single rock on top of each post, it was near a creek which borders a gravel pit.  The fence demarks the border between the gravel pit and the state park.  It is adjacent to a walking trail so I thought kids, or perhaps a juvenile bigfoot might have done it.  So for the heck of it I removed all the rocks and observed each time I returned there, never saw anymore rocks.  Then yesterday I noticed one on the very last post, my wife and I went over there because I had mentioned the phenomenon to her before.  When we lifted up the rock, tucked neatly underneath was a very colorful pipe cleaner, sort of wrapped in a circle and placed into the rot depression of the top of the fence post, was not at all weathered looking.  Then as we pondered that and walked we found another rock on the other end post, so the last post on each end, and sure enough underneath was a plastic little doll toy, and a mini card, like the little loyalty cards you get at Walgreens or CVS, or wherever, again both neatly tucked in the depression under the rock.  That is what was weird, because if I were a kid I would have stuck those objects in my pocket, the plastic doll and pipe cleaner for sure were something a kid would want.  I know it is nearly impossible to prove anything from it, and I could not locate tracks of any kind nearby, so I am left guessing.  This area is about 200 yards from a likely tree Tee Pee I found.  All very interesting to me...given the juvenile bigfoot that seemed to visit me last summer for a period....maybe junior knows me better than I think.  This is really only FYI for the other knowers around here, because it was really quite interesting, and to ask you guys for any suggestions as to how to respond if at all, I left everything as I found it, and will recheck the area again soon.  I walk there almost daily at times, maybe about three miles from me as a crow flies....

My first thought is to add a small colorfull toy of your own to an adjacent post, covered in a rock the same way. Or a whistle. Maybe demonstrating how it is used. If you hear the whistle being blown at odd hrs. you may have a pretty good idea who the culprit is.

After thinking about my response above, maybe the whistle isn't such a good idea. I can think of all kinds of ways that may be bad for peace in the hood.

Thanks mesabe, I found a third rock added overnight, and nothing underneath. Today I removed the pipe cleaner replaced with a very bright dime, and then upon discovering the 3rd stone, placed the pipe cleaner under it as I found it before under the other rock, then I checked the other rock I had found previous and was the same.  I was astounded to find a new rock had been placed, I mean it really is a mind ****, anyway I continue to attempt to rationalize that humans are responsible, but it is getting too weird for any rationalization either way....maybe this reveals

something about me, I felt really touched by the little objects I found, like a really sentimental feeling and connection was churning in my gut

and I felt pretty teary eyed, like something out there was trying to reach out to me.   I know that we are all given these set of emotions and thoughts to propel us to being truly human, but it made me feel extraordinarily human, and somehow enlarged, perhaps a better indication of

the condition of the human spirit than the behavior of Sasquatch.....

I really have not been that excited about the local Sasquatch potential this spring, well that was till yesterday.  Last fall in the State Park by my home, I saw this row of fence posts with a single rock on top of each post,

Folks place rocks on fence posts to shield them from rain and slow down the rotting process.  

t.

Hmmm interesting point Terry, never occurred to me but that would make good sense.  The weird objects might have been placed after the fact, like

a response to seeing the rocks on the fence posts. Well I am thinking about hiding my Moultrie out there and seeing if I can detect what is causing the

changes.  I just am going to have to hide it good, because they are not keen on game camera's being placed in the state park, however this land might

actually be private and belong to the quarry. Also the rocks I knocked of the fence originally were large enough to shed the rain, the new ones

are too small, which is even more interesting, because your explanation is good for the first set I knocked off, but maybe something saw those

and put the smaller ones in there place, very strange stuff....

Guest lightheart

Lake County,

Your quote from the above post is very profound I think.   .......it made me feel extraordinarily human, and somehow enlarged, perhaps a better indication of the condition of the human spirit than the behavior of Sasquatch.....

I too found a little bright orange plastic fish wedged into a low bush on a trail one day. I found myself imagining a small hand placing it there and had to just smile. A small child is a small child  - Sasquatch or human ..... delight is delight...

I once read a report of a mother Sasquatch with a very small little one watching a young boy ride his tricycle.......Very profound......

At this point we don't know what is going on with the rocks....but it is interesting.