Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?

Lake County Bigfooot

Maybe bigfeets can help cull the burmese python population problem in FL?  Have an old fashioned cryptid vs invasive thrown down. 

Edited by dmaker

A canid that is bulky and low to the ground? Intriguing. Any other place and I'd say it was possibly of the weasel clan, badger or wolverine, but not even in FL.

I think the take-away for wondering what effect invasives have is: If they are not preying on native species, they are probaly being eaten by them, and usually both are happening. If a Sasquatch is not snacking on constrictors and things like apple snails, they don't deserve their ecological niche. I'm betting they are.

Well I would certainly welcome them into my yard with open arms if they got rid of any non-native snakes.  Especially the large variety.  Sounds like a King Kong movie.

Well I would certainly welcome them into my yard with open arms if they got rid of any non-native snakes.  Especially the large variety.  Sounds like a King Kong movie.

Someone should get Peter Jackson on that. :D

yah Cervelo that is like what I heard, in fact very much so.  Humans can possibly do that , what else?

Today I drove hwy 27 to 19  in central Fl, around Cheifland.  An area with a history of sightings.  I saw one smallish deer. and a few cops. 

I am in Tallahassee and poised for a night investigation around the huge forest south of me,

Night investigation was a bust, saw the pillow and motel wall that was about it, way too tired from a week

of staying up late and getting up early,  Heading out today to the Appalachee National Forest just south

of where I stayed, killing time waiting for some ice to melt on the road in northern AL.  Daytime sightings

occur quite often in Florida, seems the big dudes are comfortable in their environs around here.  Then

I looked at the BFRO for any recent sightings along my route, there was an area of interest in Northern

AL.  I will see what time I am going thru and the weather, but I am more rested and hope to get out later

tonight.

Oops that was Apalachicola National Forest.  No real history of sightings, finding bigfoot episode in Quincy Florida was nearby.  What

struck me was that since this had been logged it was not the pristine natural environment of other parts of Florida, so my gut tells me

the Squatch are not overly thrilled with it, except along the unlogged river and stream areas,  I noticed a decided blending of hardwoods

as I drove into southern Alabama, which is where most of the sightings in that area seem to occur.  I think they like the variety of food

sources available in such mixed forest.  Apalachicola was mainly evergreen with short undergrowth.  I am sure squatches are in both

areas from time to time.  Anyhow I will back in the frozen tundra of Illini-Wisconsin border by end of today wondering why I live in such

an extreme environment, and when I can start my backyard investigations back up.  Looks like the winter may begin to loose traction

as we move into March. 

Hey the temp is going up to above freezing for the first time in a month or so,  I think the big guys will be moving around a bit

as the weather is changing.  Might even put out the recorder tonight for kicks.  Keep Chuck Prahl from Bigfoot Tonight show

in your "thoughts" {politically correct term} He has been fighting bad lung infection and has needed to be on a respirator at times.

I listened to an interview with Sasquatch Ontario "Mike Patterson" that took place yesterday, seems he seeing them materialize

and de-materialize, and has this whole enlightenment mentality thing going.  I guess if your going to get in with both feet, why stop at

the ankles?

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Bigfoot Living Among the Ruins of Detroit!

By Michael Bachman February 15th, 2014

DETROIT (Cryptozoology News) — A family claims they saw a strange ape-like creature Thursday afternoon coming out of the window of an abandoned house on the outskirts of the desolate city.

C. Brown, his wife, and their two children said they were “driving around, looking to buy a new houseâ€, when they allegedly witnessed the unidentified beast.

More:  http://cryptozoologynews.com/bigfoot-living-in-detroit-ruins-house/

Edited by Sasfooty

:sungum:  Wow this is precisely what I have been looking for Sasfooty!!!!!

Readers, please read the above story from Sasfooty who has done my homework for me, much thanks      :nyam:

She has included a link to a story of an apparently urban dwelling Sasquatch, who had taken up residence

in an abandoned building....in the Detroit proper...that is about as urban as it gets...hope the BFRO puts this

one on the map.   Why I continue this thread is because I know that these creatures are living very near to us

and possibly in the most unlikely places, they are bold and smart and generally avoid detection, but I also think

they know when it is time to get out of dodge, as I bet this creature in the story will be looking for a new crib to

spend the night..seriously..  

The source for the Detroit city story is a little suspect, so I offer it with a word of caution.

Please feel free to introduce your own evidence, I have laid it all out for you guys, and

I have only a few moments that pass my own criteria for activity.  I know that some of you

guys have ongoing activity as well, please feel free to share recordings or anything else you

come up with.  I need something to revive the interest in the Urban Bigfoot subject, a story

like the one above, if legitimate, is reason enough to get the bigfoot community re thinking

the matter.

hey I am nearing the 400 post mark?

Hey also check out this account near Detroit Michigan    http://voices.yahoo.com/bigfoots-bizarre-cousin-sighted-michigan-912653.html?cat=70