Are There "dumb" Sasquatches?

hiflier

Hello All,

A bit of speculation. I started a thread about Sasquatch on roads. Then there are reports of a kind of experience where there is what might be considered a rogue or agressivily behaved Sasquatch where the picture of a docile, watching type of behavior is not presented. This thread is for discussiong the possibility of whether or not Sasquatch are suseptable to diseases from man like the Gorillas are or suffer from other factors that would affect their normal developement.

It could be a case where the pregnant female doesn't have good nutrition because of a long harsh winter. Or the newborn and/or young Sasquatch experiences the same situation. In other words, the develping brain of the creature isn't what it should be. It could result in aberrant behavior or present itself in agressive behaviors or a breakdown in cognitive functions that allow it dificiencies in logic resulting in putting the animal at risk where normally it wouldn't be. 

Just throwing out some thoughts, especially in the area of transmitting diseases to them from us. Or from insect bites, or each other. The areas experiencing the shorter milder winters might be worth a look as the Moose populations are currently being severly stressed for the same reasons.

There are more than likely mentally retarded Sasquatches as well those with other handicaps such as blindness or deafness, etc.  How they manage to survive in the wild and not accidentally come across a moving vehicle or someone with a camera is beyond me. 

Guest JiggyPotamus

I remember writing in another post about the possibility of the sasquatch population experiencing a sharp decline upon the arrival of Europeans, and their diseases. If I had to guess, I would say that many of the diseases that affect humans could affect sasquatch as well. But then I thought that since there is virtually no contact between the two species, diseases would have a hard time spreading. I suppose it depends on whether the disease was transmitted through the air, through contact, through fleas or rodents, etc. So if sasquatch can catch diseases from humans, I just wonder how often it would actually happen.

I believe you are correct in thinking that their behavior would be different if they were suffering from some disease, but how different? I mean think about the fact that sasquatch always seem to cut any human contact short, thus not giving any time to really witness any specific behaviors. You mention aggression, and it got me thinking about which illnesses may actually disable the sasquatch's affinity for vacating an area upon witnessing a human. I think that a huge determining factor in that regard would be whether their avoidance of humans is an instinctual behavior, or a behavior based on intelligence. Are they actively avoiding humans because it is the smart thing to do, or because it is their nature or instinct?

If it is based on intelligence, then it stands to reason that certain illnesses or diseases that affect the thought processes of a sasquatch would cause them to not engage in avoidance of humans upon encountering us. And maybe they would even not vacate areas where humans could potentially see them, such as on roads. So I think you might be on to something here, but unfortunately I cannot think of any way to be certain, which is nothing unusual when studying various aspects of these animals.

But I have always thought there is some reason to explain why road sightings seem to be so prevalent. I still partly believe it is because there are simply more humans on roads, and thus more potential witnesses, along with the fact that there are many, many roads criss-crossing sasquatch habitat. But that doesn't explain the whole thing imo, mainly because there are numerous reports of sasquatch not waiting in the shadows for vehicles to pass by, and instead they rush out in front of these vehicles, or they stand out in the open on the side of the road. That does not seem to be avoidance to me. I have considered the possibility that they get confused by the speed of the vehicles, and I have also considered that maybe they are not always understanding that there are humans inside these vehicles. But that seems unlikely given that they are likely intelligent. But maybe their intelligence does not extend too far outside of their environment, and what goes on in their environment naturally.

If I had to judge off the top of my head whether some type of illnesses are causing such behaviors, I would definitely say this is possible in at least a small percentage of these types of events. But I don't really know beyond that. What you brought to us in this thread is definitely worth thinking about in my opinion, and perhaps more details will become apparent some time in the future.

Any Squatch not capable would be shot, eventually, if it has constant contact with humans. There are Squatch rules, and being seen by a few humans on the side of the road is 'acceptable' it seems. There are also 'anti-authoritarian' '2' year olds who lay in the road in front of oncoming traffic, or unruly preteens showing themselves. We also have to remember the 411 books. In the Appalachians it may seem to some the local populations preys on people.

There are more than likely mentally retarded Sasquatches as well those with other handicaps such as blindness or deafness, etc.  How they manage to survive in the wild and not accidentally come across a moving vehicle or someone with a camera is beyond me. 

A member here who goes by the handle BuzzardEater had a theory (in the 'Rabid Bigfoot' thread, IIRC) that the bigfoot tribe/clan/what-have-you would routinely euthanize any other bigfoot with a handicap or disability that might compromise the group. I'm not saying I buy it, but that rationale has been put forth.

Edited by Bonehead74

Hello All,

The animal kingdom is full of stories and documentation of parents leaving the young behind if it is defective physically. Siblings will even make the job of dispatching a lesser individual part of their survival instinct, especially when it has experienced that a weaker member is at a larger defensive disadvantage in either size or strength. I was not so much going down that road as much as putting forth the idea of dwindling food supplies and the competition for what is available. More of a speculated nutritional element involved with perhaps slow thinking or not quite putting two and two together in the wild.

Risky behavior can cross many activities such as vying for mates, food, or even the ability to deal with frustration over the loss of either to a more powerful member in an area. There will always be gradients of course in the levels of different abilities and acceptance of an individual by other Sasquatch but I also think that there are perhaps trouble makers in some groups that exhibit the kind of behavior that gets them ousted and subjected to a more isolated existence. If they are very big or strong then there could be issues that force others to accept the rogue and possibly teach those behaviors to the young. 

An example may be where I've read that some regions have more agressive animals than others. Pretty much going off the top of my head here but the effect of ill health may play a part in the survival rates of different populations across NA. And there could be a correlation between severe seasonal factors like food supply.  The estimated nutritional needs of around 5-8000 calories a day for an adult bear is something to keep in mind. Deer herds move around foraging for food themselves and if they are followed by Sasquatch hunters into areas controlled by others then their families at home might suffer nutritional stress on the young's developement from unsuccesful hunting attempts.

Different regions may have their "stupid" generations where some members arent quite up to snuff. They may stare at Humans where most others might run away. This as I said is simply for thought and discussion purposes and kinda interates the idea that Jiggy Potamus brought up. In other words, there is so much more to know and maybe some of the positive results in the recent Oregon experience will lead to gaining some closure on some of these kinds of questions.

Edited by hiflier

Hello brent michalycia,

LOL, I know. It is right in line with not one but two elements that albeit are at extremes. One could put forth that they are all intelligent which has been done on more than one occasion. Or that they're all not so intelligent. This thread takes only one fork in the road so to speak. The one that says they are intelligent as a rule but there are exceptions for a variety of reasons. and to pare things down a bit further this topic is based in the idea that one of the reasons for "dumb" sasquatches or, better put, one of the reasons for a few reports showing what could be seen as an atypical side, lies in a nutritional lack at a young age affecting brain developement.  

This is not to say that aberrant behavior is not learned from the parents. But that the root of the behavior, even by the parent itself, is a factor stemming from THEIR early deficiencies in good nutrition. If the Sasquatch survives in spite of it's errors in judgement concerning roads, hunters, and/or simply falling off of a cliff, then their "off" behavior can be passed on to the young and not be questioned. They in turn may suffer the social ramifications and perhaps most will be able to alter it since most of their brains might not be defective and therfore incapable of learning better, more acceptable behaviors. That would lean the discussion toward the majority being intelligent enough to do so... even if one parent or the other was a bit of a wacko LOL. 

Edited by hiflier

We haven't proven they exist, so even the dumb ones are outsmarting us.   What does THAT say?  Poor little underachievers with 300 IQs?

MIB

Edited by MIB

BFF Patron

Well I think Sasquatches can be victims of mistaken identity from time to time and some can be susceptible to clumsiness.

Case in point, an outdoorsmen at dusk near a woodline noticed a dark silhouetted creature and was observing it.  The individual started moving toward the guy who was dressed in dark or black clothing with a dark black hood pulled over their head.  The Sasquatch broke off the move toward him at the very last minute and apparently thought he was moving toward his brethren.  I think this occurred in Washington or Oregon but I've not been able to link back up with the exact report (could have even been removed from BFRO site for all I know).

I'm quite certain they are capable of slipping and falling on steep slopes with leaf litter just like we humans are.  

SSR Team

Can't say I remember reading of it in WA B, and trust me I've read a lot ( all of the BFRO reports, +++ ) in TH least 18 months..

A member here who goes by the handle BuzzardEater had a theory (in the 'Rabid Bigfoot' thread, IIRC) that the bigfoot tribe/clan/what-have-you would routinely euthanize any other bigfoot with a handicap or disability that might compromise the group. I'm not saying I buy it, but that rationale has been put forth.

I might buy that also. Lions also do it, its not the direct family that does it usually. This would put them on early 'Roman' level. I have not heard stories about retarded Indians or Africans either, etc...nor about historical mental retardation.

With the advent of GMO foods, we may see autism rise in sasquatches as it has done in humans.

We haven't proven they exist, so even the dumb ones are outsmarting us.   What does THAT say?  Poor little underachievers with 300 IQs?

MIB

IQ is relevant in different species as well as human populations. A bear might have a human IQ of 20, but they will stalk you while you try to stalk them, etc...

One experiment I would like to see, well, I will talk to Cliff about it.