Are There "dumb" Sasquatches?

hiflier

Hello All,

Few things are more gratifying than posting a repy to one's own post. Ahhh, the sheer warmth knowing that there will be no disagre.......wait a minute. That's not true! I DO disagree with my own post. Trying to shave a Sasquatch is ever so much more dumb than they could EVER be. What was I thinking.

Well, hiflier, I don't really know, what were you thinking?

Um, well, I, er....(mind goes blank)......

Say good nite, hiflier.

Um, who? Me? Oh, OK, good nite.

Edited by hiflier

I agree with Branco and Sasfooty.  BTW, the one that jumped over my bro and sis's car was not dumb!!!!!  He/she was like an athlete, never touched the hood, just sailed over the front of the car.   

Sunflower: I strongly suspect that was a young macho male  doing nothing but "showing out". Kind of like our kids drag racing. And I'll bet he had an audience other than your Bro & Sis. They DO like to clown around at times.  

Edited by Branco

I tend to agree and from what I gather there is still activity down there.  How much, not sure but sometime soon we might try to visit the old place.

Dumb being a relative term, I would guess compared to it's counterparts yes that could be ascribed.

How bout dumb compared to us? I think in terms of it's savvy and instinct to avoid humans, or to

survive in general it would not be considered dumb, otherwise we would have found a body or had one

turn up lost somewhere. So I agree that some would not be as reliant on intelligence, and would

therefore display more basic animal behavior that is simply survival instinct. The mental illness

question is a little more interesting, could something as intelligent as these sentient beings be

free of the possibility of mental illness, and if not how would that abnormality present itself in

such a creature? Perhaps there is a Jack Links sort of individual....

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Guest lightheart

Branco, What other behaviors have you experienced them doing to show off. I believe they count coup just like the Native Americans. I am pretty sure they entered a crowded camp site around 4:00 am in the morning and slapped a car hard to make the car horn go off. In this instance they, I believe were reacting to a really bright light that illuminated the whole area until about 2:00 am. The light was run off a generator and was really loud for most of the evening. I think they were making a point about the light and showing off.

BFF Patron

Sounds like the Sasquatches there ^ just have good sense, and are definitely not dumb.  

Branco and probably a few others on the forum have had the ultimate counting coup experiences.   :biggrin:  ;)

Branco, What other behaviors have you experienced them doing to show off. I believe they count coup just like the Native Americans. I am pretty sure they entered a crowded camp site around 4:00 am in the morning and slapped a car hard to make the car horn go off. In this instance they, I believe were reacting to a really bright light that illuminated the whole area until about 2:00 am. The light was run off a generator and was really loud for most of the evening. I think they were making a point about the light and showing off.

Well, the most hair-raising example is their ability to slip in to within 15 or 20 yards of me or a group without making a sound after I (we) had played recorded BF sounds. When no response was heard after about 30 to 45 minutes, and we relaxed and started walking around or talking/laughing, one or two of them would make a limb-breaking and rock kicking bluff charge through the thickest brush to within a few feet of us. Of course they would then run like crazy out of hearing. One night - when there was five in my group of tourists - right after I played a call, a coyote came charging in from the north and was within a few few of two of the folks.(It was whining like a coyote but we didn't see it). The coyote (?) then left without a sound. Everyone huddled, scared as the dickens, and after a few minutes the two women began laughing loudly. At that time we were looking north, some with flashlights. Then a BF huffed from about 15 yards away south and bluff charged through a very dense thicket. He came crashing through the stuff to within about ten feet of us. The group beat me to the trucks only because they were younger.

Some have used my cooking pots and pans for target practice with pine cones, sweet gum balls or acorns at night when I would be cooking dinner and step away from the camp stove for a few seconds. When they did that, I would face the woods on that side and ask them to "stop that" in a normal tone of voice. They always did. (There was a large tarp awning over my "kitchen", the objects were thrown "straight line".

Running by the camp and then slipping back to push down big dead trees, then running back by camp in the other direction is some more of their macho, "showing out" things.   

• Upvote 2

Guest lightheart

Wow! There sure have put on a good show or two for you and your friends. I'm sure the bluff charging at that close of a range was pretty intimidating.LOL

The coyote incident is unlike anything i have ever heard of or read. Did these experiences happen in the same general area? Do you think they could be some of the same Sasquatch?

Hello All,

I would like to continue my thought about Sasquatch adults perhaps thinking that at first sight adult Humans are Sasquatch juveniles. When a witness first sees one in a lot of cases it freezes and looks or watches. Why might that be, especially along the idea that they see us as a youg'un? I realize this is pure conjecture but this thread's title should have pretty much told you that. So, what if the "norm" is that Sasquatch juveniles are not allowed to separate from adults. And when they see a Human, then thinking juvenile, they "know" that there must be adults around. The freeze is to better not be seen by another Sasquatch adult. Why? Confrontation. Adults can savagely protect their young. So the freeze is to hide itself AND to scan the brush and trees for the adult whichh is surely next to come into view behind the "juvenile" Human.

When that doesn't happen then the Human is looked at anew and the light comes on and the Sasquatch turns and bolts. It DOES know what Humans are and are capable of. OK, it may not happen exactly this way but even if Sasquatch is intelligent they still need to assess a situation. I do think that the juvenile aspect plays a role in the "freeze" simply by the fact that 1) we are smaller and 2) we're not only smaller, we also walk on two legs like they do. There are cases of mistaking identity by Humans. I think Sasquatch is capable of it too, and capable of it more often than we think

Hello Branco,

Just read your post. It does sound like some very active times indeed. Questions if I may, please. What time of year were these accounts? Were there odors? Do yoiu think you and your groups were in a Sasquatch mating area where young male vying for mates were "showing out" to establish territory?

After reviewing the above questions it just makes me realize how little we know....Even after a type specimen, observing these creatures could be next to impossible.

Wow! There sure have put on a good show or two for you and your friends. I'm sure the bluff charging at that close of a range was pretty intimidating.LOL

The coyote incident is unlike anything i have ever heard of or read. Did these experiences happen in the same general area? Do you think they could be some of the same Sasquatch?

Most of those events occurred at two locations within a mile of each other in the Ouachita Mountains. They were the same two groups I messed with on a weekly basis for two and one-half years. Numerous interactions with them night and day during that time. Had a good thing going until the NFS slashed and burned the area. Now the two groups are separated, but still within about 8 to 10 miles of each other. I was up there most of the day today. Foggy, cool and drizzling rain at times. Played a call, but didn't hear a peep out of the group I was trying to locate.

The three that ran by me and pushed the big tree down lived in the river bottoms about 40 miles down stream on the main fork of the river.

All of them still live in their respective areas. 

Edited by Branco