Are There "dumb" Sasquatches?

hiflier

Hiflier: I camped in that area for weeks at a time for years and during all seasons except during the modern gun deer seasons.The most and best encounters were during the hottest part of year. My camps were in walking distance of the only good springs in that part of the mountains. The most fun I had with them was a week in August when the temps were 102 to 105. Early spring was also a good time. I have no idea about their mating habits. I do know one thing, you don't go close to the bedding areas at any time, and you dang sure don't try to ambush the family with a camera at their watering hole when it's really hot. Made that mistake once. 

Only the one's that get seen by humans.  :drag:

People that see them are simply in a BF foraging/home area, either deliberately or by chance. That's where they are going to stay until something drastic happens to their "turf".

People that see them are simply in a BF foraging/home area, either deliberately or by chance. That's where they are going to stay until something drastic happens to their "turf".

Could very well be, I am in no position to denounce that.

Some of these road crossings have to be planned.

I can't see any other logical explanation as to how/why they occur like they do.

Especially when you think of the actual chances that they actually would walk in front of a LOT of Cars like they do, Tom Steenburg's new posts in the Western Canada Sighting sections of x 2 sightings on a Mountain Road within 2 hours of each other as an example.

Although why i have no idea.

In 'The Locals', Thom Powell mentions a traditional Native American belief that it is a rite of passage for a sasquatch to cross a trail in front of a human. Perhaps this is the modern equivalent.

Guest lightheart

Branco, I noticed some Fish and Wildlife clearing around trails where i mountain bike. I have had two for sure and one probable experience there. I think they were getting bold there and F and W are now actively trying to discourage their presence. I have found tracks around a water hole that I think they were catching frogs out of. Every morning they run a big-tired vehicle through there to erase the tracks. i have observed this repeatedly in the last several months and in areas where i had found signs of them being there.

SSR Team

In 'The Locals', Thom Powell mentions a traditional Native American belief that it is a rite of passage for a sasquatch to cross a trail in front of a human. Perhaps this is the modern equivalent.

Yeah I've had that in my head too bonehead, I've read that book a few times.

Who knows, it may well have some merit.

Branco I certainly defer to your age and experience in these matters, perhaps you need to write a book, if not already in print.

Is there any one thing you have observed that is truly common to all populations of Sasquatches?

Is there some particulars that really stand out in your mind and experience?

While off topic a bit, I think we can circle back around while being immersed in your wisdom.

Branco I certainly defer to your age and experience in these matters, perhaps you need to write a book, if not already in print.

Is there any one thing you have observed that is truly common to all populations of Sasquatches?

Is there some particulars that really stand out in your mind and experience?

While off topic a bit, I think we can circle back around while being immersed in your wisdom.

Nothing that is truly common to the three types. The two black-haired types are generally unpredictable and more aggressive. I have had little luck in trying to interact with them. There are a lot of folks in the South that have, to some degree, managed to peacefully coexist with them over time in very rural areas. I have intermittently tried to do that with a black-haired group in the local river bottoms but can only entice them close enough at night that they can see me but I can't see them. They only act aggressively, with menacing growls, "hollering", breaking limbs and throwing drift wood. I'll have to say though that I have not spent nearly as much time camping in the bottoms as I have in the mountains. (Mostly due to the fact that the river floods the area so often and so quickly. Rains in the mountains - where all four forks of the river head - can catch you off guard in the bottoms, especially at night.)

The Big Reds in the mountains are totally different, but for goodness sake, I've spent so much time camping up there and messing with them they may think I'm company to be entertained. If so they did a good job until the CENSORED slashed and burned the good area. They are smart, remember folks that abide by their rules, and have a good sense of humor if they trust you. They will do things to return favors that can blow your mind. I've never written about that stuff; only those who have interacted with them would believe it anyway.

Branco, I noticed some Fish and Wildlife clearing around trails where i mountain bike. I have had two for sure and one probable experience there. I think they were getting bold there and F and W are now actively trying to discourage their presence. I have found tracks around a water hole that I think they were catching frogs out of. Every morning they run a big-tired vehicle through there to erase the tracks. i have observed this repeatedly in the last several months and in areas where i had found signs of them being there.

You are to be commended for your insight. There will be more to come from others about what you have noticed.

Edited by Branco

That is very interesting lightheart , if you can consistently find good tracks there it may be worth the trip for you go before the large tires get the chance wipe out the tracks.   If you can get a couple good casts with dermal ridge pattern it would be just awesome. :D

Guest lightheart

I think they do it before the park opens but during Christmas vacation I am going to try hiking in there at about seven am. I have begun to look at certain spots on the intracoastal beach, around small ponding areas with frogs, etc. If the tracks are being erased purposefully on a daily basis, they will probably miss some now and then.

Very cool , here in Michigan I have got a feeling that frogs are very important in the early spring when other protein sources are harder to catch or obtain.   In the spring they mass out in full force, you can't walk without stepping on them here and I believe the discovery of the May 7th track way was due to a young individual { if a sasquatch } trying to catching frogs on the flooded gas route.

If you are in a southern state, frogs may be more important in the winter months being slow and lethargic in colder morning temps and all.   Easy to catch protein that is everywhere, sounds good to me. :music:

I hope you find something out there.