Wood Knocks= Humans In Area? Bf Language

Evidence tells us that - unlike humans - animals only use tools for the intended purpose.  No screwdriver-as-hammer here.  He ain't smashing you with his talktool.

It's likely that one purpose of wood knocks is just what it appears to be when woodpeckers do it:  I'm here.  Whoever you are, be advised and act accordingly.

I think wood peckers are pecking for bugs, not morris code. =-)

On the latest BF tonight show, at 33 minutes, the woman talked about being knocked at, like they were saying:

'Look how close we can come to you without you hearing us', because it was so loud, so close and she didn't hear them sneak up on them. (And because she is a she! )

Sadly, I don't think they will be getting any more of those thermals from that spot.

Edited by Wag

Um, you mean Morse?

Most people don't know one of the most basic facts about woodpeckers, which is:  the speculated purpose of sasquatch knocks and the apparent purpose of woodpecker knocks is precisely the same:  communication.

You won't hear a woodpecker going for bugs unless you are close (and usually, the woodpecker has to be a pileated, i.e., big).   Reason?  The tree isn't hollow.  That's why there are bugs in it!  Woodpeckers - almost certainly sasquatch do this too - find the resonating trees on their territories and use them to advertise.  If they can't find a tree, hope they don't find your downspout; they use the resonant surfaces we construct in the same way.

NF, say what? :aikido:- Oh, because they were messing around in the same area that the BF was spotted on the therm. Given the tactical observation that BF are '2 steps ahead of us', that was a big no-no. They are still having interactions, but I doubt they will be getting any therms anytime soon. Anyway, if so, now you will hopefully learn why I am so 'paranoid' about how to use a therm as we've talked about, and use the info accordingly. Time will tell, give it a couple -3 months. Not sure how long the loaner will loan out his therm.

Here's the show, its a good one:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bigfoottonightshow/2013/12/09/derek-randles-olympic-project--exciting-new-evidence

Edited by Wag

Georgerm , that is what I am trying to go for, to gain the trust of the group is the goal that I may document them.    This is what Goodall did and it was very successful.

I believe I have already had some positive indication that I am of interest to at least one of the individuals.

Really fine work and hope you can make some discoveries. Sounds like you have a good area and hope you can record some wood knocks.

If BF is animal like, they might look like this creature. Does anyone know where this picture came from?

post-447-0-38008700-1386697061_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the link Wag, to respond to your reason. 

Call it my opinion, but IF they have filmed a sasquatch in on thermal once they can do it again.  

From everything I have observed the things that seem to push Sasquatch back from those trying to research and photograph them is to do with the predatory stalking behaviors we exhibit when we enter their environment, if you look like and act like a hunter you will get treated as such.

I did this for a couple years and I snuffed my self out doing so every time, I would sneak back in to the areas in camo trying to catch them of guard and I never did get close interactions while doing so, the closest I came was when I had the chase incident in Area B and even then that was pure luck. I did not have any more up close activity after that at that site either, I was being avoided due to my actions.

If you are respectful of them and simply insert your self into their area and just act nonthreatening and can be predictable you may have repeatable activity.

Nathan, can you post descriptons of your sightings and encounters in the sighting section of the forum?  Would like to read about your findings.

My 09 sighting is already here on the forums, it is in the Mid west section and titled ,, My Michigan Sighting ,,.   My early research was not well documented and rather scattered about in my files and so it is not public at this time, however I have in the past year been doing full documentation of my on going research at my primary site ,, Area D ,,.  You can read some of the published information from this springs field work at Area D if you click on the blue link that is my posting signature.   I still have much to make public there in the coming months.

We'll see if they think its an issue in....(4-6 months?). Only time can tell. There is no info on how close they would get at night, or if the squatch was looking at the cows or humans when they got the therm. The squatch could 'test' them again, without giving them much of anything, to see if they want to avoid being 'visual' at night. They could give them a 'blob' therm, and see if the humans go to that spot in the daytime. The next therm could be a test of the humans.  Remember, they are '2 steps ahead', and several people here can testify they can jank you around by the chain.

I would put the therm down for a month or so personally. Give it space. If you want the money shot, and your all hyped up, you will make mistakes. This is a chess game, not checkers.

Edited by Wag

Guest BrownsBigfootDiaries

On the latest BF tonight show, at 33 minutes, the woman talked about being knocked at, like they were saying:

'Look how close we can come to you without you hearing us', because it was so loud, so close and she didn't hear them sneak up on them. (And because she is a she! )

Sadly, I don't think they will be getting any more of those thermals from that spot.

Sorry wag, I'm the "she" you're referring to. And I'm sorry again because I have to tell you that you're wrong. That's actually the second time this has happened, the first being 9.6.13. On this particular occasion, a 6'6" sasquatch notified us of their presence by banging on an old tea pot. Long story short, we only had an old school Thermal Eye viewfinder at the time - no video or photo capabilities. When I looked through, the creature gently swayed for a moment until coming to a stand still at which the creature stood for over 3 minutes with only slight head movements. After adrenaline subsided a bit, I did take a picture with my phone through the viewfinder...a complete blob, but completely meaningful to me. Activity has not died down at all, we don't do trail cams and the creatures that we're around just happen to be ok with the thermal filming...perhaps it's because they know our intent...perhaps it's because we're physically holding the object...I don't know. The ridgewatcher was very aware of the guys, he perks his head and makes direct eye contact at 1:22 in the video, yet still remained in his spot. Maybe next time you conclude that the "she" is incapable, know that the "she" has been very diligent and respectful of these creatures-the reason the creatures do come close.

• Upvote 3

Guest lightheart

Hi BrownsBigfootDiaries  So glad to see you posting on the forum. I am super excited about the work you are doing and can't wait to see more.The Sasquatch at your place have obviously become comfortable with you guys. What a wonderful opportunity to experience them and learn more about them. You go guys!

Hello BrownsBD and welcome to the forum. Now being curious like BF.........................

How did you first discover that BFs were in the area? 

What state are you in?

Since we are on BF knocking, what have you found out about BF knocks?

Sorry wag, I'm the "she" you're referring to. And I'm sorry again because I have to tell you that you're wrong. That's actually the second time this has happened, the first being 9.6.13. On this particular occasion, a 6'6" sasquatch notified us of their presence by banging on an old tea pot. Long story short, we only had an old school Thermal Eye viewfinder at the time - no video or photo capabilities. When I looked through, the creature gently swayed for a moment until coming to a stand still at which the creature stood for over 3 minutes with only slight head movements. After adrenaline subsided a bit, I did take a picture with my phone through the viewfinder...a complete blob, but completely meaningful to me. Activity has not died down at all, we don't do trail cams and the creatures that we're around just happen to be ok with the thermal filming...perhaps it's because they know our intent...perhaps it's because we're physically holding the object...I don't know. The ridgewatcher was very aware of the guys, he perks his head and makes direct eye contact at 1:22 in the video, yet still remained in his spot. Maybe next time you conclude that the "she" is incapable, know that the "she" has been very diligent and respectful of these creatures-the reason the creatures do come close.

Thats wonderful, well, you are a great 'test bed' for therming and human / squatch interactions. Not sure what you mean by 'incapable' - being female is probably the reason they are so active,IE: You!

I heard the show (that was me calling in) - I hope you can grab more therms, I'm just being ultra cautious and tactical  about the situation. Going back to the area they were watching you in during the day could if not would, raise suspicion. My statement still stands on weather or not they really didn't like that, or if they only 'give ' you a blobsquatch therm, like a hump or something  behind a log, and see if you go to that area during the day They might be testing you with the therm next time. Its just cautious tactical theory. Its more to do with going to the area than the therm itself. The first time you didn't go to the exact area the next day I'm guessing?

Edited by Wag

Guest BrownsBigfootDiaries

^^^

Wag - please let me apologize then. I must have misinterpreted your "because she's a she!" comment as you meaning that because of my gender, I was making an assumption was completely ridiculous. Sorry. Wall down. :)

There are a few things about the area that you should know. According to the property owner, this group has been here for a long time...they truly feel entitled. Since our investigation began in September of 2012, the longest we've gone without hearing them was 3 weeks during the summer. At the very start of our bigfooting, my husband and brother-in-law did some "beginner" investigating, they encroached a little too close. My husband even said that he felt really uncomfortable the entire time, and this was daylight mind you. That evening, him and I went to the site and as soon as he stepped out of the car door, WHACK! a massive, close tree knock. WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! from all directions...extremely close proximity. He was scared to say the least. This is the only time that we have heard knocks that were clearly intended for us, and used in a threatening way, at least that we know of. We didn't hear them for 5 days after that incident...it was devastating to think that we had run them out. The next day is when I started braving the area by myself, I thought that maybe, just maybe, making up for my husband's mistake could be done by sending in his woman...alone..hoping that it showed a little bit of trust. Needless to say, they came back and the knocks, whoops, hoots and vocals just got closer. I still go into their territory once or twice a week, during the day of course, by myself.

Another thing is that we don't do trail cams. The only "human" items we put in their domain is food. Everything else stays on our side of the fence. I even refuse to get a tripod to put the thermal camera on. I want it to stay attached to one of us. I really do think that they are so good with judging intent, more so than we think.

As for the first thermal encounter, aka the blobsquatch, we went first thing the next day. Anytime that Derek Randles, David Ellis or anyone else from the Olympic Project comes over and ventures into their territory (again, during the day), we get some of the best activity that evening. I think that because of what little trust we've gained, their curiosity takes over and they want to see what's going on, and who we brought with us. -just speculation.

I'm hoping in sharing research, we can start to definitively answer some of these questions!!

thanks again and thanks for calling in to the show!

Sara Brown

Hi BrownsBigfootDiaries So glad to see you posting on the forum. I am super excited about the work you are doing and can't wait to see more.The Sasquatch at your place have obviously become comfortable with you guys. What a wonderful opportunity to experience them and learn more about them. You go guys!

hello lightheart!

thanks for the support. I am loving the research, nothing is more fascinating to me. I must agree that there is a certain comfort level that the big guys have...though I think it's a very low level. It takes so much time and so much patience. I am thankful for the chance to research as well as our amazing team. It's quite the dynamic!

thanks again.

Sara Brown

Hello BrownsBD and welcome to the forum. Now being curious like BF.........................

How did you first discover that BFs were in the area?

What state are you in?

Since we are on BF knocking, what have you found out about BF knocks?

hello george!

thank you for the kind welcome.

We live in Washington state. We discovered that sasquatch was around when we started asking people. So many people had stories. We started researching behavior and habitat, and sightings in the area which lead to venturing out and discovering prime spots for research. After a few bumps in the road, they started coming in closer. The faint wood knocks turned into close knocks, rock clicks and whistles, which turned into vocals like "hey!" and chatter. I don't understand their way of communicating, I can't confidently answer your question about knocking.

What I speculate is that it's used for a range of communication. Our very first recording was of "the big guy." He let out a massive, massive RAWR (not at us), followed by deep, yell-like chatter. We could hear knocking from the other side of the site...almost like the knocking was a roundup. We imaging another sasquatch crossed into the alpha male's territory. (the reason we speculate it being another sasquatch was because of the chatter...don't think they would waste their unknown language on a cougar.)

We have also heard wood knocks when we venture out, kinda like a "there's humans nearby" warning. Then there's times during the day when we knock and get responses. Both the big guy and a sasquatch that we saw a month prior

through a crappy thermal, before we had the FLIR, let us know they were there by knocking on an object.

An Indian told me that they would click rocks before going into the wildman's home, just to alert them of their presence, simply out of respect. We always make sure to do this, and I can't say if it's something the sasquatch here have always done once a bit of trust has been established, or if they started doing it because it's what we do.

thanks again for your support!

Sara Brown

Edited by chelefoot
Removed quote of preceding post