Wood Knocks= Humans In Area? Bf Language

Big "if," yes. It's preposterous.

And if they do, then why the need for any audible real-time knocks?

Edited by Incorrigible1

Are you folks telling me a knock or two has profound meaning to the sasquatch? Yeesh.

Of course, if they have telepathy, then audible sound knocks aren't necessary, are they?

LOL I do not think a knock or two has profound meaning, but a series of knocks with pattern may covey different messages. 

For instance say if a sasquatch did --- Knock - knock ---------knock , knock, knock-- and another sasquatch did --knock--knock------knock-- in response it ay carry a longer meaning than just danger or warning.  It may be more compound like ,, humans coming ,, VS ,, humans ,,.

Guest HarryLime

Tree knocking associated with BF goes back hundreds of years.

I thought Matt Moneymaker was the first to associate wood knocks with Bigfoot? (sarcasm)

Do you think it's possible to produce a distinctive "wood knock" using any animal's fist?

C'mon, this is just getting silly.

Hello Nathanfooter,

We get what are sometimes called "happy tones" on our electronic devices. I wonder if Sasquatch have "happy" knocks as in "It's okay, you can get up now, they're gone". ;)

Edited by hiflier

I have little doubt that they could have developed some basic codes to communicate with knocks.

I would think that they could possibly tell each others knocks apart, so that if a squatcher was doing

some knocks they would be thinking, dumb humans, or hmmm who invited the neighbors over for dinner.

Any hoot I would keep a close record of the number of knocks and when they were used, as well as

the number in response, as well as the texture and volume of each knock and see if you can pin it

down.  I have tried getting the suspects around me to respond to tree knocks, and all ever got was

silence.  They responded more to my general presence if anything.   I think knocking might be more

useful when testing out new areas where you have an element of surprise.  I do not think that it matters

to knock when they already know your present.  I would rather do something to capture their curiosity.

Has anyone heard anything that sounds like something with rocks in it's mouth clacking, because that

was something I kept hearing in my recordings....

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Do you think it's possible to produce a distinctive "wood knock" using any animal's fist?

C'mon, this is just getting silly.

No, probably not.  I think it may have been using it's hand to make a repeated loud noise to warn the rest of the family group nearby that they needed to scram.  

We just do not know the circumstances, what kind of tree was it ? was the tree dead and hollow enough to produce a sound ?  Did it use it's knuckles with some force to produce a sound ?    It could also be this report is fiction.

Just sharing what I found.

Are you folks telling me a knock or two has profound meaning to the sasquatch? Yeesh.

Of course, if they have telepathy, then audible sound knocks aren't necessary, are they?

No.........no.......simple knocks........unprofound. Sounds like you failed to read the last 15 posts in detail or you wouldn't use the words profound meaning. We are saying it's possbile that BF uses primitive knock patterns to mean unprofound ideas such as humans present, cougar coming or some other warning.  Do you think BF can't manage simple communication by using knock patterns?

LOL I do not think a knock or two has profound meaning, but a series of knocks with pattern may covey different messages. 

For instance say if a sasquatch did --- Knock - knock ---------knock , knock, knock-- and another sasquatch did --knock--knock------knock-- in response it ay carry a longer meaning than just danger or warning.  It may be more compound like ,, humans coming ,, VS ,, humans ,,.

Seems logical to me and is a simple hypothesis.

Hello Nathanfooter,

We get what are sometimes called "happy tones" on our electronic devices. I wonder if Sasquatch have "happy" knocks as in "It's okay, you can get up now, they're gone". ;)

Can you tell us more about the electronic devices and different tones?

Hello georgerm,

Sure. When on a computer if you make a mistake you get a tone for that. There was a game show called Family Feud and when a correct answer was given there was a bell ring. When wrong there was a gravelly buzzer tone given. Same in video games. There is a cash register where I buy my gas on the corner and when the cashier makes a error the machine lets out a high-pitched UH-OH. making a mistake on a computer running windows will generate a low-toned sound like on a xylophone.

Edited by hiflier

Wag, there is no way of knowing exactly but I get the feeling by how close the sounds where on some of the events I would guess they knew I was there before hand. { ranging from 50 to several hundred yards }

Are these instances from the same Sasquatches ?  I believe so, I am certain that I am dealing with a family group of at least 3 individuals. This thought is based on the repeated appearance of 9 inch tracks around the camp and on the old quad track from early May to late June of this year { possible juvenile}, also the close and clear sighting of a female about 6 foot tall { possible young adult female } by a hunter and the several sightings of a large sasquatch crossing the roads nearby { possible 7 to 7 and 1/2 foot male }.  

I believe the juvenile is the one doing the knocking and loud gibberish ramblings near the camp, this is based on the 9 inch tracks and impressions near camp and the entire May 7th trackway about a mile away from the camp. No solid signs of the adults has been found, just a few large vague impressions and few strange loud sounds that may or may not be at some point relevant.

Do I think they are saying ,, Hi ,, at times ?  Yes , I do think so or at the least have a sort of disregard for our hearing them or him. One recording I collected in May of the gibberish seems to be a question or something directed at us { I should add that this is just speculation on my part at this point }.

Exellent, yea that does sound like 'juvi' behavior, sort of mocking IMO.

Do you have the jibberish recording up somewhere? Is it as 'good' as Sierra?

Not sure if anyone is saying knocking is profound, but its not rocket science, with information on who what and where, we can possibly do logical deduction and figure out what it could possibly mean, as seen that Nathan concurse with me some of his knocks are juvi messin around, sometimes its a numerical warning, sometimes its to do something without showing or howling to get you out of the area (without infrasound or no abilty yet to produce infrasound or juvi messin with you). I'd say the one BFRO report with the knocking matching the guys steps was an older juvie, like a '20' year old or so. Its not something a mature male would most likely do. I know that area, not sure I could get back there in my condition though. It wouldn't be hard to find on a map though. Note that in order to match footsteps the BF would have to see him clearly, and that he stated he spied the BF also.

anyway...

Maybe the telepathy only works at a short distance...and that they don't always have clear reference of where they are, no N,S,E or W or ...A knock clarifies that instantly.- "I thought you thought you were down by the creek by the bend with the stump...well, not that stump"...the other stump 2 miles away)... GrrrrrrrrrAUUUUUGGHHHHHHHH....  oh, THERE you are! Why didn't you just howl in the first place....

Edited by Wag

I think we should leave telepathy out of this thread, there is an ongoing thread where it is already being discussed. It was only brought up in the first place here for sarcastic purposes...

If bigfoot exist and they live in the woods, then it isn't exactly a stretch to posit that they knock on trees to perform some basic communication.