Picture's In The Field

THIS is a topic I'm going to enjoy! I wish I had something good to contribute.

This picture is from an Iowa Park. The top of the arched tree is wedge around another tree.

This is a place where people go though. There is a geo-cache box within about 20 feet of this tree.

post-21915-0-31336000-1389236551_thumb.j

post-21915-0-72681600-1389236732_thumb.j

Edited by Redbone

This caught my attention on a hot mid September afternoon. I was walking a skidder trail on China Ridge, N. of princeton, BC.

Definitely see an elk track there opposite direction of your foot. Can't make out the rest.

I've done some packing in the paysaten wilderness! Nice place.

Guest zenmonkey

post-18831-0-73690900-1389238980_thumb.jpost-18831-0-12986100-1389238991_thumb.j few pics of honobia  that copper head was huge! the pic doesn't do it justice  he swam right up to me gave me a dirty look and took off lol

post-18831-0-25692900-1389239162_thumb.j    

Edited by zenmonkey

Norseman, you're right, almost. It's 4 or 5 overlapping cattle tracks, there were hundreds of tracks in the area. I wish they had been elk, my freezer wouldn't be empty this winter.

zenmonkey, no copperheads in my area, at least on the rainy side of the mountains, but we do have timber rattlers on the rainshadow side. I ran into one on a cow track across a steep alpine meadow a few years ago. Hadn't heard that buzz in 50 years, since my teenage fruit picking days, but the instinct kicked in!! My buddies said they hadn't seen anyone ever move that fast backwards. :-0

Here's a couple of shots of Garrisson Lake, a 40 min. hike beyond the end of Sunday Summit FSR, off Hwy 3. These were taken in mid Oct., temp just below freezing. I went in again in mid Nov, with 6" of snow , but saw no tracks, other than coyote, and a couple of deer. The pics from that hike are on my buddy's camera. I'll try and get him to send them to me soon.

post-23759-0-30412800-1389253796_thumb.j

post-23759-0-83834100-1389253812_thumb.j

Edited by BC witness

I like viewing the trees that have been bent over and tacked down with something. 

As many as we've seen.. think we can discount wind for sure.. 

I do not see this as a hobby of a person doing this either..  

daveedoe, is that Mt. Ranier? Great looking area!

Here's a couple more shots of the Placer Mt. area, my favorite region:

post-23759-0-25929700-1389379988_thumb.j

post-23759-0-25750400-1389380017_thumb.j

Admin

Thanks everyone for sharing photos. Being from the Eastern U.S. I really appreciate these Pics. What beautifully Squatchy places.Going to the North West is still on my Bucket List.   Keep those pics  coming.  I am enjoying this topic.

daveedoe, is that Mt. Ranier? Great looking area!

Here's a couple more shots of the Placer Mt. area, my favorite region:

the first picture you can see Mt Rainier the other is Mt St Helens from a couple miles away on the South side.

Edited by daveedoe

here are a few more 

this is one way to go Squatching

IMG_3133.jpg

Mt Hood looking from Lookout Mt in Washington

IMG_3126.jpg

looking to the east at Mt Adams

IMG_3122.jpg

Mt St Helens and Mt Rainier 

IMG_3120.jpg

from Lookout Mt you can see Mt St Helens, Mt Rainier, Goat rocks wilderness, Mt Adams, and in Oregon Mt Hood, and Mt Jefferson not to mention a bunch of smaller peaks.

Guest Grifter9931

here are a few more 

this is one way to go Squatching

IMG_3133.jpg

Mt Hood looking from Lookout Mt in Washington

IMG_3126.jpg

looking to the east at Mt Adams

IMG_3122.jpg

Mt St Helens and Mt Rainier 

IMG_3120.jpg

from Lookout Mt you can see Mt St Helens, Mt Rainier, Goat rocks wilderness, Mt Adams, and in Oregon Mt Hood, and Mt Jefferson not to mention a bunch of smaller peaks.

So awesome!!!! Thanks for sharing !!!!

Anyone riding a BMW with the boxster motor?