What Do You Want To See In A Bigfoot Movie

Hello everyone, I don't know how many of you remember, but I am Collier and awhile back I was talking about making a bigfoot movie.  Well its been stuck in pre-production hell, then I gave up for a while to just take a break while.  So I decided to scrap almost everything from before, so I'm making a completely new suit and rewriting.  I want to make a movie that really pays tribute to the real creature and lore.  Also I thought to ask you all, what do you want to see in a bigfoot movie?

I think the genre is long overdue for a good, suspenseful, high quality offering. I want to see the creature appear menacing, yet with ulterior motives. Conflicted. Intelligent, yet not a predictable human clone, nor loyal canine companion. An entirely unknown species, operating with its own interests, perhaps knowing inflicting harm upon a human will bring retribution.

I do not wish to see a North American gorilla nor orangutang. I wish to see an intelligent, sentient creature. Not a "wise man of the woods," but something more.

Hope that's not too much to desire. Good luck in your endeavors.

• Upvote 1

SSR Team

Harry and the Hendersons, the sequel..;)

Hello Coalminor,

First I want to wish you much success in finding resources for finishing the project. IThere of course needs to be a storyline and some convincing situations that are not too cute but not Hollywood monster either. In a Bigfoot movie the first thing I want to see is a good looking bigfoot representation: Big, fast, curious, and a hunter/gatherer. Also a non-fake situational awareness would be a must but not a perfect animal which does everything right.

thanks everyone, I love the imput from you all! well so far, I got a basic plot that is alot like a campfire story, with two lovers on a camping trip in together. the rest is a fill in the blank lol.  who knows i might scrapp that idea too lol.

Well not a crappy costume like the recent Sci Fi channel offerings.  And not a story that is more or less like Friday the 13th with Sasquatch.  Even something semi historical or in a pseudo documentary fashion.  Perhaps an Ostman-like adventure tale.  Or the Ape Canyon cabin story. 

I've thought an interesting story line would be the conflict between an adolescent and adult bf over whether the young bf has contact with a young human.

Without making it a Disney film.

Edited by indiefoot

I think the genre is long overdue for a good, suspenseful, high quality offering. I want to see the creature appear menacing, yet with ulterior motives. Conflicted. Intelligent, yet not a predictable human clone, nor loyal canine companion. An entirely unknown species, operating with its own interests, perhaps knowing inflicting harm upon a human will bring retribution.

I do not wish to see a North American gorilla nor orangutang. I wish to see an intelligent, sentient creature. Not a "wise man of the woods," but something more.

Hope that's not too much to desire. Good luck in your endeavors.

The Cowman of Compalis Beach would be the perfect story for that.

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/stories/cowman.htm

I'd like to see a menacing, stealthy, predatory squatch. Maybe work with some of the stuff from the Paulides Missing 411 books. I'm a horror fan and would like to see a well done bigfoot horror movie. I'm waiting for a wide release or on demand of Willow Creek. I heard Bobcat Goldthwait did a really nice job with it.

I have actually roughed out a Bigfoot story that sort of taps into some spiritual aspects of the character.  Its not a traditional monster story but more like "The Wolf Man" where once you see him, you become him and take his place in the forest . He is a shy creature because he doesnt want to take another "victim" although to be seen releases him from the curse. 

I would like to see a group of amateur field researcher's, say two couple's, at a Snellgrove Lake type outpost and one night their cabin is attacked.  One of the researcher's had been rescued by a squatch when she was very young and has  "connected " with them.

She realizes that after the attack it's not a BF attacking the cabin, but a huge 14' cannibal and that the BF was trying to help the people from a  eons old mortal enemy.

In a bit of a twist, most of the clan of BF die slaying the Giant, while most of the researcher's live....