What Do You Want To See In A Bigfoot Movie

I know I will not watch another modern camper squatch horror flick.....over done.

I would like to see some historical movies on the subject. I started writing a script one time for the Bauman story.

Other good ones would be the Ostman story, the ape canyon story or even a fictious story involving miners, trappers, cowboys the wilderness and the 1800s.

I really like Cotter's and SY's ideas. Some sort of frontier/ American expansion west sort of thing, delving into Native American legend would be cool.

How about a group of 4 researchers making calls and wood knocking, in a remote area, surrounded and harrassed by a clan of unruly woods folk, until they escape with their lives, never to enter the woods again? lol

haha, I was just thinking something similar..

...but i'd be happy if the BF just snatched up  the outspoken team leader in mid -whoop / yell  then ran off  into the night, preferably  out of TV land , leaving the other 3 researchers getting awesome video while standing in their own puddles  ;)

One needs to leave room for my favorite BF-related fantasy:  a Native woman and I are talking; she knows I'm interested.  She tells me:  I have seen him, DWA.  I have seen him.  I say to her:  I believe you.  Then....[rated R]

(In my fantasy she uses my real name.)

(I mentioned she's hot, right?  OK, now I did.)

Edited by DWA

lol well now cause of all of you I am thinking of the sasquatch anthology idea, just to many awesome ideas that can be explored.  Also I'm surprised no one has suggested mashups like Bigfoot vs chupacabra or yeti vs sasquatch :) those were ideas i had looooooong ago

@SY - overdone?  OVERDONE?  IMPOSSIBLE!

LOL!

(On a side note, lots of good suggestions in here!  Coalminor - you may have an entire series on your hands!)

I hear ya, but the "teens at summer camp" type thing, who nobody believes, is worn out on the SyFi channel.  I wouldn't want to see the same old predictable plot of kids being terrorized. I'm thinking something more original that Stephen King would be proud of. Offer a whole different  vew of BF from the stereotype and walk people through the process of being a cynical skeptic to a converted knower.

Well, on second thought, she's gonna call me DWA.  There's just something cool there.  DWA, Man of Mystery.  Yeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh, that's the ticket.

Just keeping you up on the idea genesis.

(Kate Beckinsale is gonna play her.  OK, maybe Gwyneth Paltrow.  Don't worry, Hollywood has got the angles covered.)

(Crap.  OK.  Megan Fox.  Look, the idea people are all over me now.  Endorsements, they keep saying.  Endorsements.)

Edited by DWA

A documentary that is based wholely on the truth. Nothing more, nothing less.  Probably would get crappy ratings but I'm a no nonsense type person and that is just my opinion. :keeporder:

Sunflower, I have always said that Jeff Meldrum and Johns Bindernagel and Mionczynski having their own series, in which they simply go over the evidence, would be one of the best television programs ever, from just about every standpoint.

Until then, though, I'm just gonna keep expanding that list of casting options above.  :maninlove:

Guest prepballfan

I have a hunter entering the woods on a hunt for a couple of weeks. Camping out of a tent and cooking on a coleman stove. This man starts noticing signs in the woods as he scouts for deer sign maybe the classic bigfoot bed or some partial prints in an area were no bears live. The man of many years of hunting pride cant place what is going on in his mind so he doesn't believe it at first. Durng his next few hunt he catches a slightest of glimpse of the animal which he assumes it may be a bear which would be unique in itself. The man also begins to hear some strange noises at night and upon waking in the morning he notices things missing out of his camp. I would make this a back and forth for awhile. Sometime in there the hunter would say fall from  his tree stand and ne rendered unconscious only to awke back at camp were he sees he was dragged  back by the signs on the ground leading away from camp. This could be a start maybe drag out the suspense of seeing your big foot until the last half hour of the show. Just an idea that has popped into my head. Hope you like it....

I've thought about this before, and this is kind of what I had come up with a few years back.  This will be long, so have a little patience in reading my rambling outline for a BF movie:

I think the best plot will have a twist or two.  First, you need to have a reason for people to be in the backwoods (ideally Pac NW area of the country).  Not some cheesy teenagers camping and BF attacks them, but maybe some corporation is studying an area of backcountry and has some PHD and engineers combined with a few guides.  Say a group of ten at most.  With that premise, I would get the US government involved - say the research the corp is doing is something that the US gov wants for itself.  Now the "base camp" needs to be something pretty high tech - something like the radio tower thing on the mountain in the show Battleship - manmade metal buildings that were flown in via large helicopter and dropped.  So while the research team is doing their thing at the camp in the wilderness, some strange occurances (BF) are starting to happen.  The experienced guides have a pretty good idea what is making the disturbances, but don't want to rile up the researchers so they don't say much about it.  As all this is going on, a subplot forms - the researchers have stumbled on some ancient bones - large bones, maybe in a cave system.  This is when the US gov gets involved.  The original research team of ten is split up - part by the us gov coming on the scene and part as some are off in the field studying the bones.  During this time, BF is becoming more agitated - obviously the humans have crossed a line that make the BF's seem menacing and attacking towards the humans.  So much so that a BF clan attacks the main camp (remember we are talking about metal research buildings that were flown in via helicopter at the main camp).  During the chaos of the BF attack at night, the US gov people are overrun.  They research team was holed up in a metal building, which was good enough to keep the BF's at bay.  During the day it is safe to go outside, and they only find a couple of the US gov people left, who had also holed up in another metal research hut.  The kicker is, the US gov hurt and injured a BF during the attack at night, but it is not dead.  The research team takes the injured BF, knocks it out with drugs, and then secures it in one of the metal research huts. 

At the cave system where the bones are found and being researched, none of this is known to have gone on.  But something has been disturbing the entrance to the cave system.  Something big.  In fear of what that is, the field research team heads back ( a day hike) to the main camp.  During this time they are starting to be watched by a couple of bigfoot.  Broken trees start appearing, then rocks thrown, then actual sightings.  Scared, the team picks up the pace back to main camp.  They finally get to camp to see the disaster area from the previous nights BF attack, AND are amazed to find the injured, sedated BF.  A kicker here - during the attack all communcations and power to the outside world was destroyed, so one of the guides must make a dangerous half day hike to the nearest radio tower and try to hardwire into that to get word that they need help.  During his hike to the radio tower, he is being followed, and finally captured.  By several BF.  The guide is taken to the BF camp, where a menacing alpha BF seems to rule by force.  The smaller males, females and juv BF's only seem to follow the alpha's instructions because of fear.

Snap back to the damaged research camp.  During the next night, while the guide who went to send a signal at the radio tower was captured, the injured sedated BF wakes and escapes.  The injured BF makes it back to the BF camp, but is not welcome by the alpha male.  This leads to the injured BF being ostracized.  The injured BF hatches a plan to help break the human guide that was captured free.  During this attempt, the guide is able to get away, but the alpha BF catches them in the act of escaping and fights the injured BF.  With the help of the rest of the BF clan the injured BF defeats the alpha male.  The guide escapes, makes it back to camp, and they all decide to hightail it out of there.  The BF clan is led by the now healing and new alpha male and he is rules fairly and all is good with them.  The research team decides NOT to disclose the BF community (which lives in a very remote and hard to get to canyon BTW) as they realize that man would wipe them out.  Anwyay....... long story there to follow but something along those lines with maybe a plot twist or two added in would be great IMO. 

Dances with wolves...or rather Dances with Bigfoot.

I've thought about this before, and this is kind of what I had come up with a few years back.  This will be long, so have a little patience in reading my rambling outline for a BF movie:

I think the best plot will have a twist or two.  First, you need to have a reason for people to be in the backwoods (ideally Pac NW area of the country).  Not some cheesy teenagers camping and BF attacks them, but maybe some corporation is studying an area of backcountry and has some PHD and engineers combined with a few guides.  Say a group of ten at most.  With that premise, I would get the US government involved - say the research the corp is doing is something that the US gov wants for itself.  Now the "base camp" needs to be something pretty high tech - something like the radio tower thing on the mountain in the show Battleship - manmade metal buildings that were flown in via large helicopter and dropped.  So while the research team is doing their thing at the camp in the wilderness, some strange occurances (BF) are starting to happen.  The experienced guides have a pretty good idea what is making the disturbances, but don't want to rile up the researchers so they don't say much about it.  As all this is going on, a subplot forms - the researchers have stumbled on some ancient bones - large bones, maybe in a cave system.  This is when the US gov gets involved.  The original research team of ten is split up - part by the us gov coming on the scene and part as some are off in the field studying the bones.  During this time, BF is becoming more agitated - obviously the humans have crossed a line that make the BF's seem menacing and attacking towards the humans.  So much so that a BF clan attacks the main camp (remember we are talking about metal research buildings that were flown in via helicopter at the main camp).  During the chaos of the BF attack at night, the US gov people are overrun.  They research team was holed up in a metal building, which was good enough to keep the BF's at bay.  During the day it is safe to go outside, and they only find a couple of the US gov people left, who had also holed up in another metal research hut.  The kicker is, the US gov hurt and injured a BF during the attack at night, but it is not dead.  The research team takes the injured BF, knocks it out with drugs, and then secures it in one of the metal research huts. 

At the cave system where the bones are found and being researched, none of this is known to have gone on.  But something has been disturbing the entrance to the cave system.  Something big.  In fear of what that is, the field research team heads back ( a day hike) to the main camp.  During this time they are starting to be watched by a couple of bigfoot.  Broken trees start appearing, then rocks thrown, then actual sightings.  Scared, the team picks up the pace back to main camp.  They finally get to camp to see the disaster area from the previous nights BF attack, AND are amazed to find the injured, sedated BF.  A kicker here - during the attack all communcations and power to the outside world was destroyed, so one of the guides must make a dangerous half day hike to the nearest radio tower and try to hardwire into that to get word that they need help.  During his hike to the radio tower, he is being followed, and finally captured.  By several BF.  The guide is taken to the BF camp, where a menacing alpha BF seems to rule by force.  The smaller males, females and juv BF's only seem to follow the alpha's instructions because of fear.

Snap back to the damaged research camp.  During the next night, while the guide who went to send a signal at the radio tower was captured, the injured sedated BF wakes and escapes.  The injured BF makes it back to the BF camp, but is not welcome by the alpha male.  This leads to the injured BF being ostracized.  The injured BF hatches a plan to help break the human guide that was captured free.  During this attempt, the guide is able to get away, but the alpha BF catches them in the act of escaping and fights the injured BF.  With the help of the rest of the BF clan the injured BF defeats the alpha male.  The guide escapes, makes it back to camp, and they all decide to hightail it out of there.  The BF clan is led by the now healing and new alpha male and he is rules fairly and all is good with them.  The research team decides NOT to disclose the BF community (which lives in a very remote and hard to get to canyon BTW) as they realize that man would wipe them out.  Anwyay....... long story there to follow but something along those lines with maybe a plot twist or two added in would be great IMO.

I like that. A lot. Are you a writer?

I'm not a writer, but have aspired to be one.  I've even tried a bit, but it really does take some talent, and I don't have the time on my hands to delve into it anymore.  My mother has actually written some books for young children, which I thought were very good, but no publishers seemed to be interested. Anyway, Thanks for the input!  And yeah, dances with BF is somewhat fitting!  I just think if an actual BF movie was to be made, it needs to have some twists beyond the cheesy sci-fi channel type of shows.  Involve a big Corp looking to make money off of some kind of research of a discovery in the backwoods, the US gov being clandestinely interested, and finally stepping in to take over when it becomes clear the Corp has found something that either needs to be covered up, or the Gov wants for itself.  Honest and smart PHD/engineer researchers and likeable, hero type local guides who know the backcountry and it's history like the back of their hands.  The guides knew there were likely BF in the area but wanted that to not be know.  The BF, for their part, were just wanting to be left alone, and the researchers were disturbing either a sacred BF site, or maybe something more sinister (maybe the large bones weren't actually of a BF, but another predator that even prey's on BF??) - the BF do NOT want man to know of either themselves, nor of the bones and the mystery behind the bones (for whatever reason).  The BF are originally seen to be menacing, but in the end the are not and are basically led by a somewhat evil, large, abusive alpha male that the BF clan has not been able to rid itself of.  I hope this makes enough sense, lol.