What Do You Want To See In A Bigfoot Movie

1. The Albert Ostman story, I've wanted to see an adaptation of that for some time.

2. Jay Kumar's Dark Woods adaptation to film

3. Ape Canyon

I would like to see a bigfoot movie that is NOT a documentary and based on an ACTUAL event. Not a Dyer story.

I don't know if the cowman story is factual, but that would make a hell of a movie as well.

I'd like to see one where the big guy is the hero. Maybe something on the order of a scout troop going out into the woods for a hiking/camping expedition and getting lost in the PNW. They can't communicate to the outside world and noone will be expecting them back for a week. They have a few accidents and loose their supplies, then strange things start happening(squatchy). One of the scouts goes exploring and gets hurt and a squatch saves him. The squatch brings him to the camp and the scouts realize he is not a monster but a benevolent creature. They communicate with each other and he gets them back to civilization and saves the troop.

^^^I could see that. Of course nobody believes the scoutsnbecause they were just kids that had been through a lot. Maybe one group of the kids wants to capture the Bigfoot for fame and fortune and there is some conflict/showdown amongst the kids that don't want to capture it. Now its starting to sound like lord of the flies, but it would need some drama.

I would like to see lots of bikinis in a bigfoot movie. 

Beach Blanket Bigfoot

ask & you shall receive ....well, sorta  badmonkey_zpse2d7f424.jpg   ;)

what do you want to see in a bigfoot movie?

I'd like to see a film that is less of a bloody horror movie.  Look at older movies like The Legend of Boggey Creek or The Legend of Sasquatch and although they are scary in places...they are not so overtly "this is a monster and will kill your whole town one by one".   I'd also rather watch a film which works within the money available to do it right.  The Finding Bigfoot show seems to have access to a costume that looks fairly good for some of their recreations.  If you don't have that or the money to do a good CGI job, I think a movie is better served by not really showing the creature. Both of the movies I've listed don't really show you much in detail.  You see the creature either as a dark outline at night or in very quick flashes where you can't see how bad the costume is.  To me, this also matches the reality of how brief and indistinct many encounters actually are.

I think that Roosevelt's Bauman story actually has a lot to suggest it for a low-budget film.   Bauman himself never actually saw the squatch except as a "looming shadow" in the night in front of the lean-to.  Beyond that, you've got found footprints, something crashing through the brush at night and howling, people being paralleled on a trail while hiking and something disrupting their camp.   What if these things started happening to a small party of hikers?  They cut cross-country off an established trail and disturb "something" which harasses them until they leave Wild Man Mountain.  No one gets killed, no one gets hurt....heck...they might not even clearly really see what is chasing them off with thrown stones and woodknocks.  Cloverfield pulled it off not really showing the creature from what I've heard.    I think it can be done with bigfoot.

I'd like to see a film that is less of a bloody horror movie.  Look at older movies like The Legend of Boggey Creek or The Legend of Sasquatch and although they are scary in places...they are not so overtly "this is a monster and will kill your whole town one by one".   I'd also rather watch a film which works within the money available to do it right.  The Finding Bigfoot show seems to have access to a costume that looks fairly good for some of their recreations.  If you don't have that or the money to do a good CGI job, I think a movie is better served by not really showing the creature. Both of the movies I've listed don't really show you much in detail.  You see the creature either as a dark outline at night or in very quick flashes where you can't see how bad the costume is.  To me, this also matches the reality of how brief and indistinct many encounters actually are.

I think that Roosevelt's Bauman story actually has a lot to suggest it for a low-budget film.   Bauman himself never actually saw the squatch except as a "looming shadow" in the night in front of the lean-to.  Beyond that, you've got found footprints, something crashing through the brush at night and howling, people being paralleled on a trail while hiking and something disrupting their camp.   What if these things started happening to a small party of hikers?  They cut cross-country off an established trail and disturb "something" which harasses them until they leave Wild Man Mountain.  No one gets killed, no one gets hurt....heck...they might not even clearly really see what is chasing them off with thrown stones and woodknocks.  Cloverfield pulled it off not really showing the creature from what I've heard.    I think it can be done with bigfoot.

My thoughts were along these lines also. Maybe show the creature at the end, but if you do, make it an excellent and original makeup.