What Do You Want To See In A Bigfoot Movie

Quote Enkidu, "Sort of like Deliverance but better."

Quote Hammer, "I want to see Bigfoot at a Grateful Dead concert from the 80s."

Deliverance was really good ... but Dueling Banjos made it great!

What I want in a BF movie: great sound track.  

Enkindu - I like your idea.  Would only add that the BF need to hit the moonshine first before deliverance. 

Drunk Bigfoots on moonshine...now that's a plot waiting to happen! 

JDL - I like the skeptics eaten part!   laughing

Yeah Oonjera - Have to have the good soundtrack!  Good thinking.  I would like to be on that committee please. 

BFF Patron

How about a movie about a field biologist that is forced to face reality. Non believer at first, she (I would use a cute woman) as did Letters to the Big Man. (That is the best BF fictional movie I have seen.) She finds footprints first, is forced by circumstances to have to believe there might be something to it. She consults with colleges who tell her it is career suicide to begin serious study of BF. She contacts government agencies and realizes she is being given the run around. She finds out about the Smithsonian Giant finds in the late 1800s and early 1900s and files freedom of information requests. The Smithsonian denies having anything reportedly taken there. Throw in some field work, between the above, where she finds more prints, and hears vocalizations. She talks to forest service employees who off the record acknowledge that there is a government coverup. She has a breakin at her office and BF related documents are taken. Recognition of the species would shut down logging in large portions of the country. Money is power. Then at some point she has a face to face encounter. At that point her dilemma is whether to try to prove the species or let it remain myth. Perhaps a run in with a BF family with juveniles makes her realize the best thing for BF in the long run is to let it remain myth and legend. She cannot bare the thought of having to kill one to get the lab table specimen and the last scene in the movie is her lowering her rifle and not taking the shot.

Government coverup, corporate greed, all would play well.

I like this except it doesn't fold in the Knights Templar and Bigfoot alphabet or runes.  LOL. 

Quote SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT, "Perhaps a run in with a BF family with juveniles makes her realize the best thing for BF in the long run is to let it remain myth and legend. She cannot bare the thought of having to kill one to get the lab table specimen and the last scene in the movie is her lowering her rifle and not taking the shot." ...

Oonj ending: She turns and heads slowly back to her truck. Suddenly the calm is shattered

by a series of high powered shots! She runs back to her firing position. Appalled, she sees

the whole BF family lying still on the ground! 

Across the clearing, a figure emerges from the bush. ... WHO is this Deadly Sharpshooter? 

Whatever happens with this movie, just please make sure that you put "eye shine" or "eye glow" in it.

Thank you.

:)

Even if it is an owl.

Song playing now, "Everyone wants to rule the world" by Tears for Fears

• 3 weeks later...

It occurs to me that the Zombies on the Walking Dead are becoming fairly commonplace.  A scene where they're out in the woods, hear one coming, and it turns out to be a zombie bigfoot would be horrifying as comprehension dawns on those in peril.

Hello JDL,

How about the Bigfoot Army comes out of the forest en masse just in the nick of time and eat all the zombies- thus saving Mankind

Edited by hiflier

Hello JDL,

How about the Bigfoot Army comes out of the forest en masse just in the nick of time and eat all the zombies- thus saving Mankind

You might want to check out the sequels to Bigfoot War by Eric S. Brown.  I haven't read 'em...but if you like this idea...you might like these books.

Tim

It would be nice if midway through the movie, the soundtrack could change to one of a saxophone sounding intriguing in nature, and the plot move in a new direction. Possibly with a Bigfoot arriving at a divorcee's house on the pretext of fixing the shower.