What Do You Want To See In A Bigfoot Movie

The Truth!

How about a group of 4 researchers making calls and wood knocking, in a remote area, surrounded and harrassed by a clan of unruly woods folk, until they escape with their lives, never to enter the woods again? lol

• Upvote 1

Might be easier to say what I wouldn't want to see - namely someone in a ridiculous costume cheesily scaring or interacting with some one dimensional characters which paints the whole subject and those seriously involved in it as deranged idiots.

Well the suit hopefully won't look terrible, I'm trying to get a look that is true to the creature.  But as for the rest, It's for sure not gonna be a slasher movie.

I would go with a setting in the past.

Native American interaction with the 'white man' intruding and making the creature 'imaginary' to their western counterparts.

Stealthy, strong, and fast creature(s).

And of course the token topless scene.

;-)

I'd like to see a story line that follows a rual family that purchases a ranch in the country, perhaps near river bottoms. Slowly they begin to notice odd things happening, screams from the forest, tracks found near the barn, domesticated animals and live stock go missing etc. Conflicting views of what's going on arise among the family members as things escalate. Build the suspense before they see it , if at all.

This in my view, is how real life encounters play out, and how best to pay respect to the phenomenon.

I would like to see a movie shown more from the viewpoint of the Sasquatch as the Proantagonist, with enough frontal and close shots to imbue the image of what or whose eyes we are seeing through. This would help a little in costume design as you could use partials for the close up and a more generic for the blurry far shots, which is what apparently most of us see as human witnesses. Have a great head mask , or makeup job, and a great back view suit and show the rest through its eyes, that would be cool for me to see how it thinks, if it feels, how it feels about its world and how it feels about us.

@SY - overdone?  OVERDONE?  IMPOSSIBLE!

LOL!

(On a side note, lots of good suggestions in here!  Coalminor - you may have an entire series on your hands!)

What about a movie showing how Sasquatches have to go to great lengths to be seen by humans... running in front of cars and such. They even have to buy cameras to leave along trails ...

SY, good idea. I agree. I also would like to see a "Southern Comfort" type movie where a group of SF soldiers are stalked and harassed on a training mission by some squatch's.