What Do You Want To See In A Bigfoot Movie

I'd like to see a film that is less of a bloody horror movie.  Look at older movies like The Legend of Boggey Creek or The Legend of Sasquatch and although they are scary in places...they are not so overtly "this is a monster and will kill your whole town one by one".   I'd also rather watch a film which works within the money available to do it right.  The Finding Bigfoot show seems to have access to a costume that looks fairly good for some of their recreations.  If you don't have that or the money to do a good CGI job, I think a movie is better served by not really showing the creature. Both of the movies I've listed don't really show you much in detail.  You see the creature either as a dark outline at night or in very quick flashes where you can't see how bad the costume is.  To me, this also matches the reality of how brief and indistinct many encounters actually are.

I think that Roosevelt's Bauman story actually has a lot to suggest it for a low-budget film.   Bauman himself never actually saw the squatch except as a "looming shadow" in the night in front of the lean-to.  Beyond that, you've got found footprints, something crashing through the brush at night and howling, people being paralleled on a trail while hiking and something disrupting their camp.   What if these things started happening to a small party of hikers?  They cut cross-country off an established trail and disturb "something" which harasses them until they leave Wild Man Mountain.  No one gets killed, no one gets hurt....heck...they might not even clearly really see what is chasing them off with thrown stones and woodknocks.  Cloverfield pulled it off not really showing the creature from what I've heard.    I think it can be done with bigfoot.

You actually just said what I was and still am going for.  I loved the movies like boggy creek, the legend of sasquatch, and the legend of bigfoot.  I hope to get a old feeling of those movies, I am definitely going for a man in a suit.

maybe even have a non consummated romantic interest between a young Male Sasquatch and a human female in whatever role you decide on. As in the worship from afar type thing, with the male either disinterested or vaguely aggressive towards the human men, but softer and somewhat protective of the lady he has decided is nice and worthy of his concern, but still he is wary of them all and doesn't have the courage to directly interact with her. Perhaps he could be heard giving a low growl when her less than ideal boyfriend jumps on her for what he perceives as flirting a little too much with another male member of the group after taking her aside to confront her, but no visual on the Sasquatch, just a barely perceptible almost infrasound uncomfortable rumble when the boyfriends jerks her around when she tries to walk away from him, that sort of thing. And more overt behavior like snatching a coiled hidden rattlesnake waiting to ambush her from her path. I know rattlesnakes don't ambush usually they rattle and warn, but artistic license lol or use a different species snake, but the rattlesnake might be better as you could have a blurry lightning fast arm grab the snake and hear the whoosh and the sound of the rattles and the sound of the snake being splashed against a rock face or tree, which could be used as a dramatic unknown happening which would certainly scare me lol Great ideas by all the posters here.

Edited by people booger

how about a flick where a would be hoaxer is out sneaking around in a suit hoaxing a group of researchers.

while the hoaxer is out laying track ways and wood knocking something is trailing him....watching......waiting....

&  the joke is on the hoaxer , as he becomes  the  unwilling  love interest of a  local BF that figures out how to work that suits zipper   .......... poetic justice indeed, lol.

maybe even have a non consummated romantic interest between a young Male Sasquatch and a human female in whatever role you decide on. As in the worship from afar type thing, with the male either disinterested or vaguely aggressive towards the human men, but softer and somewhat protective of the lady he has decided is nice and worthy of his concern, but still he is wary of them all and doesn't have the courage to directly interact with her. Perhaps he could be heard giving a low growl when her less than ideal boyfriend jumps on her for what he perceives as flirting a little too much with another male member of the group after taking her aside to confront her, but no visual on the Sasquatch, just a barely perceptible almost infrasound uncomfortable rumble when the boyfriends jerks her around when she tries to walk away from him, that sort of thing. And more overt behavior like snatching a coiled hidden rattlesnake waiting to ambush her from her path. I know rattlesnakes don't ambush usually they rattle and warn, but artistic license lol or use a different species snake, but the rattlesnake might be better as you could have a blurry lightning fast arm grab the snake and hear the whoosh and the sound of the rattles and the sound of the snake being splashed against a rock face or tree, which could be used as a dramatic unknown happening which would certainly scare me lol Great ideas by all the posters here.

This kind of reminds me a little of the classic big ape story..... King Kong

Good stuff though.

SSR Team

A bigfoot..;)

• 2 weeks later...

I want to see Bigfoot at a Grateful Dead concert from the 80s.

I cracked myself up this morning thinking about it in relation to another thread.  The idea is still with me tonight.  lol

So BF would be roaming around the parking lot / vending area.  Nobody would care because it's just another creature.

He would be looking at shiny things.

Then he would go into the show and people would be telling him, "down in front!"

At Drumz/Space, his psychic mind would be blown and he would leave the auditorium and go out to the parking lot where it was quiet. 

Then BF would meet up with a poor soul that couldn't score a miracle ticket outside the gates.  The guy would offer him half of his sandwich and they would become friends.

The end. 

:)

BFF Patron

How about a movie about a field biologist that is forced to face reality. Non believer at first, she (I would use a cute woman) as did Letters to the Big Man. (That is the best BF fictional movie I have seen.) She finds footprints first, is forced by circumstances to have to believe there might be something to it. She consults with colleges who tell her it is career suicide to begin serious study of BF. She contacts government agencies and realizes she is being given the run around. She finds out about the Smithsonian Giant finds in the late 1800s and early 1900s and files freedom of information requests. The Smithsonian denies having anything reportedly taken there. Throw in some field work, between the above, where she finds more prints, and hears vocalizations. She talks to forest service employees who off the record acknowledge that there is a government coverup. She has a breakin at her office and BF related documents are taken. Recognition of the species would shut down logging in large portions of the country. Money is power. Then at some point she has a face to face encounter. At that point her dilemma is whether to try to prove the species or let it remain myth. Perhaps a run in with a BF family with juveniles makes her realize the best thing for BF in the long run is to let it remain myth and legend. She cannot bare the thought of having to kill one to get the lab table specimen and the last scene in the movie is her lowering her rifle and not taking the shot.

Government coverup, corporate greed, all would play well.

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

^ There are some good ideas above.  I really like the story idea where Bigfoot protect humans from the giant cannibals, Hellbilly.  Wow!  Imo, if any new BF movie doesn't include a very good Bigfoot costume that is shown clearly and in 'action' then, said movie will not make a significant impact.  My suggestion is to either have enough of a budget to hire Munns to make the BF costume(s) or else, forget about it. The last thing the world needs pertaining to this subject is another terrible to mediocre movie...  9 )

^ There are some good ideas above.  I really like the story idea where Bigfoot protect humans from the giant cannibals, Hellbilly.  Wow!  Imo, if any new BF movie doesn't include a very good Bigfoot costume that is shown clearly and in 'action' then, said movie will not make a significant impact.  My suggestion is to either have enough of a budget to hire Munns to make the BF costume(s) or else, forget about it. The last thing the world needs pertaining to this subject is another terrible to mediocre movie...  9 )

yeah it's a gold mine of ideas haha.  But I'll be making the suit, I've always wanted to try my hand at making a full creature.

Hllo coalminer,

Just don't put the thing on and test it in the field to see if it looks authentic enough LOL.

The story of the woman researcher above is a good one BUT you need to capture your audience in a huge way in the beginning. I think the way to do that is to have her stalking in the woods right off the bat, seeing one, raising the rifle, a subsequent audience view through the scope, a close up of her silently clicking the safety off and placing her finger on the trigger. Then a close up of her face taking aim and THEN have the movie become a flashback to her path as outlined by you already to explain how she came to her present situation.

Lay it out like you say and then end it with the shot of her face again taking aim. It would be an hour and a half movie covering a two-second flashback. A melding of Sandra Bullock's "The Net" and the sequence in "Pulp Fiction" where the opening scene is the ending scene as well.

Edited by hiflier

Hello Enkidu,

Then after the carnage Buford Pusser shows up and deputizes all of them. Yeah....I like that. It will be all good until he pins the star on the first one then, lights out. Makes for a surprise twist at the end. Ol' Buford then gets tossed on the pile with the rest of 'em.

Edited by hiflier

Good bigfoot. bad bigfoot.  Ensuing conflict.  A peek at bigfoot culture.  Skeptics eaten.

A remake of Tarzan in which Tarzan is raised by bigfoot.

A movie incorporating four or five linked vignettes showing the evolution of the human-bigfoot relationship over the millennia.