Bigfoot, Friend Or Foe?

Lake County Bigfooot

Hello Norseman,

Can't fault the logic. Erring on the side of caution is a learned thing. Forgetting once may never give one the chance to repeat.

In no way am I being a jerk here, just a friendly warning.......

Timothy Treadwell lived in his "bear maze" in Alaska for 13 years. He had his bears named, they were used to his presence and the guy even actually "pet" a few of them.

In his thirteenth season, ole mother nature threw him a curve ball, and a old bear that was probably hungry decided to eat him and his girlfriend, and that was that.

Human are not used to thinking about our selves as part of the food chain, but we are...........we are a sack of meat walking around. If you choose to not arm yourself as we humans have done for millennia? Well then lightning may strike and you may end up in a pile of manure on the forest floor.

We have absolutely no idea what a Sasquatch is capable of, people like Sasfooty have had good experiences interacting with them, good for her. But as with the Treadwell example, the situation could change on a dime, or people in another part of the country may have a completely different experience.

Even within a species there is every disposition from A to Z. And when that species can rip you to shreds? That needs to be in the back of your mind at ALL times.

Another example is of the lady that owned the chimp that ripped her friends face off. This is a chimp that was raised as a human since he was a baby.

I'll get off my soap box folks.........just be careful out there and use a little common sense.

:goodjob:

This thread has covered so much ground, I predict it ends up pinned. This question is fundamental to our thinking about the creatures, second perhaps after "what are they?". There is no doubt in my mind that they can be dangerous, even though I read the gory stories with a large chunk of salt. The native reservation story reminded me of the news story awhile back about a young chimp researcher in South Africa who let his guard down, got too close and was nearly killed.

Sasfooty have had good experiences interacting with them,

She's also had very bad experiences interacting with them.

I learned very early that they aren't our little furry forest friends. Some are friendly & some aren't. I don't know that the friendly ones are any better than the others, because they can cause you to let your guard down. At least, with the bad ones, you always remember to be careful.

In no way am I being a jerk here, just a friendly warning.......

Timothy Treadwell lived in his "bear maze" in Alaska for 13 years. He had his bears named, they were used to his presence and the guy even actually "pet" a few of them.

In his thirteenth season, ole mother nature threw him a curve ball, and a old bear that was probably hungry decided to eat him and his girlfriend, and that was that.

Human are not used to thinking about our selves as part of the food chain, but we are...........we are a sack of meat walking around. If you choose to not arm yourself as we humans have done for millennia? Well then lightning may strike and you may end up in a pile of manure on the forest floor.

We have absolutely no idea what a Sasquatch is capable of, people like Sasfooty have had good experiences interacting with them, good for her. But as with the Treadwell example, the situation could change on a dime, or people in another part of the country may have a completely different experience.

Even within a species there is every disposition from A to Z. And when that species can rip you to shreds? That needs to be in the back of your mind at ALL times.

Another example is of the lady that owned the chimp that ripped her friends face off. This is a chimp that was raised as a human since he was a baby.

I'll get off my soap box folks.........just be careful out there and use a little common sense.

It is understood, but those examples have deeper issues. The chimp attack was from the chimp being on Prozac, and the Treadwell example was because he used pepper spray on a bear before and swore he would not ever do it again, which he apparently didn't. He knew he was walking with death and even said so in an interview on the movie.

Dealing with black-bears even can be very dangerous, no duh, and dealing with paleolithic anthropods is probably not the safest thing to do, because you may not understand the protocol. But there are a few females I've heard on blogtalks who openly deal with them, at least in their words, if you believe their stories.

BF tend to try to scare you or bluff you most of the time. I'm guessing, but I don't think you will hear the BF that is going to get you coming. I think it just happens and your gone. If they are making alot of noise or showing themselves, (maybe-usually) that is the threat display. Not that I haven't heard of them trying to 'lure' some guy into an area, in a general area where people have dissapeared.

But, if they ''know you'' and are making knocks and calls and etc when you are in their area, your going to be alot safer than that random lone hiker in the woods that doesn't hear it coming.

Sassy, Question:  Should they be 'disclosed' to the public or not IYO?- please explain. thanks

I hardly know where to begin elaborating, See-Te-Cah.

Without giving it a lot of thought, I will say that we don't learn much from all the good things that happen to us. We learn the most from mistakes that cause us to suffer. They helped me to make mistakes that taught me to see big flaws in myself that needed fixing. Some have been fixed & others are waiting their turn.

Carlos Castaneda said that everybody needs "petty tyrants" in their lives. They are my petty tyrants.

No I don't think so, Wag, but the ones that need to know will.

Edited by Sasfooty

I hardly know where to begin elaborating, See-Te-Cah.

Without giving it a lot of thought, I will say that we don't learn much from all the good things that happen to us. We learn the most from mistakes that cause us to suffer. They helped me to make mistakes that taught me to see big flaws in myself that needed fixing. Some have been fixed & others are waiting their turn.

Carlos Castaneda said that everybody needs "petty tyrants" in their lives. They are my petty tyrants.

No I don't think so, Wag, but the ones that need to know will.

I have the time if you care to elaborate. How did they help you see flaws in yourself? I mean what did they do specifically?

I think what Sas is saying is for some folks they can represent a catalyst for inner understanding and to some degree cause and introduction to our true selves and cut through some of the built up denials we may have. Certainly that was one of the outcomes from my interactions. I don't think they saw it that way...but at the end of the day it was one of the byproducts. I also believe their approach has much to do with an individuals particular world view and/or spiritual position or alignment. Depending on where an individual falls in that scheme will dictate how that approach manifests.

Edited by ThePhaige
  • Upvote 2

They held up a mirror & I saw myself as I was.

I get that they showed you who are. My question is how.

Can you tell us about one particular/specific event?

I can't decide who to plus, Sasfooty or ThePhaige.    It is also phrased "Search for bigfoot, find yourself."   

The details vary from person to person but the same sort of thing happened to me.  I had to look at what I was doing, weigh it against what I thought was right, and make some changes.  Shift priorities.  Walk my talk a bit more closely.   There's no "done", it's a life-long process.   For me it was both really profound and really mundane.  

MIB

Edited by MIB
  • Upvote 1