Bigfoot, Friend Or Foe?

Lake County Bigfooot

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bigfoothotspot/2014/01/20/sc-ep11-the-siege-at-honobia

The second part of the show deals with the new possibility that the Neanderthal isn't as has been presented by science over the years because of anthropomorphism. There was a topic on this on the subject on the forum, but that's another topic altogether.

I listened to this show recently. After this show I won't ever think of neanderthals the same. Science is always changing and evolving. Theories are thrown out the window and a new hypothesis is born everyday. The world use to be flat right? lol

Hello All,

The pieces seem to be clearing up the picture some, eh? Couple this with the environmental questions in the "Is Sasquatch A Secret" thread and the subject becomes quite explosive. At the risk of sounding a bit esoteric: I'm beginning to think I was meant to be here? Maybe we all were. This is what I mean when I said that in the study of the Sasquatch I have learned SO much more. And I'm not liking what I have been finding out.

Edited by hiflier

Guest JenJen of Oldstones

I have no comment on the content of the "Them and Us" book, but I really feel like it's necessary to point out that the author's facial reconstruction of the Neanderthal as a flat-nosed creature is absurd. Neanderthals had protruding noses. You can't put a Neanderthal skull inside a silhouette of a chimpanzee profile and say, "SEE?? Neanderthals looked very much like chimpanzees" because it's all wrong.

Please check out this link for a good discussion on how Vindramini's Neanderthal-as-chimpanzee facial reconstruction is so flawed.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2012/06/19/neandertals-were-monsters/

Neanderthals didn't look like chimps for a reason. Chimps and humans stopped being part of the same lineage 6 million years ago. Neanderthals became distinct from Homo sapiens about 600,000 years ago.

Hello JenJen of OldStones,

Hard to say:

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/resources-rx/images/1008/neanderthal-skull-banner_112773_1.jpg

Reconstructing flesh can be a function of preconcieved ideas. Not being familiar with the art/field though? I can't give a answer as to why the recent vids and pics posted are telling us different than what we've been thinking.

Hello simplyskyla,

Actually it does considering that they were tha offspring of two earlier species. One residing in northern Europe and the other in central Asia. Both were thought to have arrived at their respective regions around a million years ago. Was it a hostile merge? Don't know. Was then Neanderthal and Cro-Magnon a hostile merge? Don't know that either. But violence had to be a part of meeting the "newcomers" and violence toward hybrids could have been worse.

Edited by hiflier

Hostility is a selective trait genetically.  A brutal, opportunistic male, willing to kill or subjugate his competition and take the females, willingly or unwillingly on their part, is going to be more successful at passing on his genes.  We see this in wolves, we see this in ungulates.  The only reliable way to counter this kind of competitive violence is to take physical competition out of the equation by making the opportunity available to all males all of the time, as chimps do.

Your call as to which approach was taken within groups, between groups of the same species, and between groups of related species.

For a "civilized" meeting of the minds to occur when two groups meet, they have to be evenly enough matched to make conflict expensive, and be mutually willing to reach accords.

Most often first meetings would tend to be either violent, if a mismatch is readily apparent, or a matter of sizing each other up.  Subsequent meetings would be a matter of evaluating the risk/reward of conflict vs coexistence.

Coexistence, in the face of limited resources, poses more risk than reward, and the weaker party may well become a needed resource.

Guest zenmonkey

As someone who has been to the area several times I think its a  very rich BF area indeed (given they exist) I just want to know where are the videos they took?

Hello ThePaige,

I don't know what any one else thinks but that was a very moving post.

Thanks hiflier. I am contemplating recording my SSq story on audio or video so If I feel compelled to share it with someone I can just copy them that piece. If that happens I will place you on the list.

Phage, I second Hiflier, and thank you for sharing that post. I'm so glad you are here, posting and sharing your experiences. You appear to me as someone who has integrity, knowledge and wisdom. I have a great respect for all that you bring here. Thank you!

I really appreciate your kind words and post :)

Thanks for that post See. I really have respect for WJ... I find him to be an honest truth seeker. I don't always agree with his conclusions, but I think hes honest, and these ongoing encounters are certainly chilling.

As for the Neanderthal piece.. its as good a guess as any I suppose.

Edited by ThePhaige

I am new to this thread, and was quickly lead off to the darkets of BF places with JDL's reference to the Legend of Sacred Baby Mountain. Couple with the many reports I've read over the last year now--including the OP's--, there is no doubt BF is capable of great harm and malicious activity. On an individual basis, I have to throw my hat in the "foe" ring, though I wish it weren't so.

On a species basis, I think they may very well be the one consideration that saves us, quite literally, from ourselves. I am just a chapter or two into the book, "The Heart of the Monster," which surprisingly enough has nothing to do with BF. As its subtitle reads, the book is about "Why the Pacific Northwest and Northern Rockies Must Not Become an ExxonMoile Conduit to the Alberta Tar Sands."

Our country is completely run by corporations, and ExxonMobil is the worst of all. They want to use our natural highways (overland river corridors) to transport immense equipment (mindboggling dimensions that would bring all other road traffic to an immediate halt, while subjecting rivers to immense pollution threats should there be accidents) from South Korea to the tar lands, and who knows what extraction goods if it were to be allowed to happen.

My point is simply that these 1,100 miles of mostly pristine river corridors are most certainly the same habitat BF has historically used to get from A to B. I think that if anyone is a BF "whisperer," they would be well served to ask one of our big friends to give themselves up willingly (heck, just stop at your nearest game cam--we got millions of them out there...) and pose for a cameo. Or twenty.

Protecting BF's habitat is to protect ourselves from, well, ourselves. They might quite literally be the biggest friend we have in this world.

I realize this is a bit OT from the OP's question, but I do think we have to look at the bigger picture when asking this question. As an individual, they can be friend or foe. But it's much, much deeper than that.

• Upvote 1

Hello Gotta Know,

Just a very lucid and terrific post. You look at it from a different perspective too. Well done. Sasquatch is like the tidal marshes; as they go so go we but Sasquatch are survivors. It's hard to say who the canary in the mine is but my guess, if I were to make one, would be us. Ultimately we are the canary in the mine. Sasquatch would live on- tough creature.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the kind words, Hiflier. We are fed such a steady diet of "Believe What I'm Telling You" by corporations and their paid shills (media/government) that if we don't look at things with skepticism at their underlying motives there is no hope.

Sorry, def getting OT now so I'll stop. I doubt anywhere in the book (by one of my favorite authors, David James Duncan along with Rick Bass) will there be a single mention of BF. So at this point, I hold that our big "friend" is our ace in the hole, waiting for the day when we quite literally need an excuse beside our own health, our own habitat (shared for gosh sakes!!) so that as an "endangered animal" we protect the Big Guy, and in doing so, ourselves.

See-Te-Cah NC: Perhaps I'll see you over in the suites sooner than later. Curious--are there fewer (I don't mean this spitefully, just factually) antagonists there? Shoot me a PM if you prefer. But you have planted a seed...

Edited by Gotta Know