How Has Seeing A Bigfoot Changed Your Life?

Hammer102492

How is it for you?  

For me, I don't worry about them saying I'm nuts anymore.  If they think I am, I might as well tell them the whole story, why not? 

It has been a process for me. 

When did you see, or hear, or experience Bigfoot, how long has it been since that first time, and where are you along the way now in terms of understanding, or just where are you at with it now?  

I'm looking for timelines and the process of digesting what you just saw etc.

Thanks for telling us your story of how it affected you.  Before, and after.  What is it like for you? 

Because as George Harrison said on VH1, the last interview he did before he died...

Any Road will take you there.

Peace out,

Hammer

I get to thinking about how crazy it gets sometimes, and remember that all things must pass. 

As if, you will see a friend and they will ask you how your summer was, and you'll say, yeah, it was cool.  We found out that we have Bigfoot living here.  How was your summer? 

Georgia is on my mind, how about you?

Bigfoot is on my mind.  Has been since May 14, 2013.  One sighting, find out from an organization that I discovered called BFRO told me that it's a flap in my area.  Serious researchers were telling me serious things that confirmed what I saw. Then I heard it.  That literally blew me out of my camp chair.  I wasn't the only one who heard it.  Found out who the others were that heard it around here and they are serious people.  Then there is a 7 minute stare down contest in our back yard by a friend of ours.  Then I have a half dozen "maybe" incidents here where I not only already know that they are close, but may actually be reacting to me.  Then they get too far into my head that we talk about selling the place for a few weeks.  Then I just "tell" them that the word here is peace.  It's our place and it's their place.  AS IF it's all real. So many stories to back it up around here, but so many people, maybe more, that look at you as if you're nuts.  But you know what you know.  So what does that mean and how much are you going to talk about it, and how has it affected you, and what is the response from people you tell, and how many friends to you find along the way that are sympathetic, and how much do you learn about yourself and how much do you learn about the world around you, and how much do you wish that you had wished that you had never seen it at all. 

So, where are you at with all that?  How has it been for you?

Thank you to BFF for providing the forums and thank you to BFRO for studying this phenomenon.

Sometimes it feels like stormy weather. 

Just thinking about the questions that keep going through my mind.

Hammer, sightings in my part of the world, SW British Columbia, go back forever, among the native people, and at least 150 years among us newbies, the European and Asian settlers, so I was exposed to the idea since I could talk. When I saw one 35 years ago, I thought it was way cool that I now knew the stories were true, and I went on with my life. It's only recently, since I've sort of retired, that I chose to intentially get out and look for them again, just because I have the time, the inclination, and some like minded guys to go along for the adventure.

Unlike your own backyard encounter, mine was out in the deep woods, many miles from the nearest house, so it obviously had a different impact on my life than it would have on yours, since I didn't have to live with their presence on a daily basis. I didn't let the fact that I knew they were out there affect my enjoyment of my lifestyle, continuing to get into the wild country as often as possible, to hunt, fish, prospect, mountain bike, and hike, though I have always kept alert for further signs of them while doing those things.

The group of local guys that are interested will be doing some research trips this year, starting soon, so I'll be posting any findings on this forum, and a couple of others. At this point in my life, I'm seeing this as an interesting, exciting hobby, not a life altering experience.

SSR Team

Not really.

Only thing it's changed is that I'm now completely obsessed by finding out more about what I saw.

What is it ? Where is it ? What does it do ? Where does it go ? How on earth as it stayed away from people whilst right under the noses of 400m ?

I will never go public with my sighting ( only as Bobby ) or my interest in the subject however as I'm from a very different circle/culture/mindset that simply will not even entertain the idea of the existence of it unfortunately.

That's their loss of course but I'm too short tempered to withstand the ridicule, I simply won't tolerate it so staying completely anonymous is just better all round where I'm concerned.

I can't say anything bad about those groups they do put in the effort but do you really know if what you have seen was a Bigfoot? It could be a person in a costume playing a trick on you this is very common these days. I keep a very open mind but most scientists I know including myself question the existence of Bigfoot and consider it as either a misidentification or hoax in all evidence so far.

SSR Team

How long did it take you to become a scientist Kerry ?

BFF Patron

How did it change me?    While over the years I have done a lot of outdoors stuff,  camping,  hiking, backpacking, etc.  I have spent more time in the woods in the last three years than I have done in the previous 35 years.  That can happen when you spend 3 days a week in the field year round.  Not a bad thing really when you come right down to it.     I came into doing BF research to get answers but just get more questions as I go along.    But I am enjoying doing science after all these years of working in other fields.     Not sure it will ever come to anything but I have to say retirement is a whole lot more interesting now than it was.      Certainly when I am too old to do field work any more, I will have some stories to tell.   I mentioned having my grandson come do field work with me when he gets older and my son was horrified.   My son wanted to know if I was going to use him as bait. 

Kerry not sure what to say to you but I do know that scientists who question existence without spending any time in the field themselves are never going to have any evidence of existence.     I do understand the career suicide / peer pressures of BF research.       At least now we don't have to worry about being declared a heretic and burned at the stake.    Pioneers in science risked that and more to progress science, otherwise the earth would still be the center of the universe and flat.     I came in a BF skeptic but had an open mind and was lucky enough to encounter pretty convincing evidence to myself in less than a year of field work there is something to this BF thing.    I may not prove anything because that will take extraordinary luck,   but I hope data I collect will be useful in the future.    I have to say that a BF encounter is right up there for an adrenalin rush.    Not much left in science gives you that if you want to go there.  

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

How long did it take you to become a scientist Kerry ?

I have over six years of education under my belt now since HS and I will probably never be finished, education is a lifetime process, Several proffesors I know are in agreement that Bigfoot doesn't exist but I know of a few like Jeff Meldrum that give it hope. It seems like the ones that do give it hope have or are making profits from it. I question it but the more I study the subject the more my high hope dwindles away.

Kerry not sure what to say to you but I do know that scientists who question existence without spending any time in the field themselves are never going to have any evidence of existence.     I do understand the career suicide / peer pressures of BF research.       At least now we don't have to worry about being declared a heretic and burned at the stake.    Pioneers in science risked that and more to progress science, otherwise the earth would still be the center of the universe and flat.     I came in a BF skeptic but had an open mind and was lucky enough to encounter pretty convincing evidence to myself in less than a year of field work there is something to this BF thing.    I may not prove anything because that will take extraordinary luck,   but I hope data I collect will be useful in the future.    I have to say that a BF encounter is right up there for an adrenalin rush.    Not much left in science gives you that if you want to go there.  

I do spend much time with nature at work and in my hobbies. If I did have that experience and knew it was "real" I'm certain I would feel the same way. 

Edited by Kerry

SSR Team

I have over six years of education under my belt now since HS and I will probably never be finished, education is a lifetime process, Several proffesors I know are in agreement that Bigfoot doesn't exist but I know of a few like Jeff Meldrum that give it hope. It seems like the ones that do give it hope have or are making profits from it. I question it but the more I study the subject the more my high hope dwindles away.

Cool.

So as a Scientist, what studies have you done on the animal that make your hope dwindle away regarding its existence ?

Is there anywhere I could find your published study papers online ?

The most inexplicable thing in this whole field to me - and boy there is much inexplicable in this field - is how many people think bigfoot belief is a gold mine.

Where could one possibly get that?

Its been about 23 years since I had my first 'class A' encounter. There is a thread about it here:

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/29115-colorado-sighting-of-two-bf-in-the-road/

I remember thinking 'how many other things that we have been told are not true?' -and 'man, Colorado is really a messed up state.'

it was about 15 years before I told anyone about the encounter. I've not gone 'public' and don't expect to, but if I am in the right social situation I will talk about it. I've been challenged quite often too. But I don't drink or do drugs- never have- and my sighting was really unambiguous. And I totally get that a person that sees BF is branded as a nutbag. So I don't really mind what people say or think- IMO it all comes to the same thing:

It does not matter what you think, because life does not care what you think about it. It simply is. If you have the luck (good or bad) to have an encounter, what you think about the subject may well go out the window in a heartbeat. Until then, don't worry about it.

As time has gone by I have come to see my encounter as a gift of sorts. There can still be wonder in the world- we puny humans simply do not know the length and breadth of everything that life has to offer.

These days when I go out into the wilds I do so knowing full well that I am going to someone else's home. So I tend to be more alert than I ever was before, and even though I've yet to see another BF, the added alertness has allowed me to see and appreciate a lot more than I ever did before.

So I see my encounter as a plus.

^^^You should.

I consider too much of humanity virtually wonder-proof.  Some of the stuff we get hung up on is, well, rather incredible.  Like a silly little ape.  Hominid.  Cousin.  Whatever.

Guest zenmonkey

I do spend much time with nature at work and in my hobbies. If I did have that experience and knew it was "real" I'm certain I would feel the same way. 

I understand what you mean but no real scientist would say something doesn't exist. Real science evaluates based on the evidence at hand.

Edited by zenmonkey