How Has Seeing A Bigfoot Changed Your Life?

Hammer102492

Delighted that you had a wonderful night by your fire, Hammer. The last paragraph from salubrious above is my thinkling on this subject, too, very well put.

Hammer

Have you actually had a clear, unambiguous sighting of a BF?

Forgive me for asking but it's not clear from your posts here. If you have, and you have described it on here elsewhere, then would you be able to point me in the direction of it so that I could read it please?

Thanks

Check out my BFRO report for Holmes County, Ohio May 2013. Then our friend saw it watching us in our field, see BFRO report Aug 2013. Then in the fall on three different occasions I had rocks hurled at our house right where I was. I have heard knocks on occasion. I made peace with it, kind of asked them to cool out and not scare me, but sometimes I still get nervous.

Edited by Hammer102492

Hammer

Thanks for pointing them out, I have now read them both. I don't think I have ever read a report before that mentioned The Grateful Dead!

Thanks

Ha! We used to follow them around in our younger days, and this year I took a renewed interest in their music again. The BFRO report form wanted as much detail as possible, so I included that info because maybe the music I was playing could have attracted the BF? Jerry Garcia always had a way of connecting with the cosmos through their music. The only thing I would change about that report is that it was "Three from the vault" not "Two from the vault.". Someone on another thread said that they got action by playing the flute for a half hour, so maybe they do respond to that sort of thing. I do remember that at that moment when I saw it, it was a very peaceful scene where I was connecting with nature. I just didn't know that I would connect with a Bigfoot for crying out loud! I didn't even know that Bigfoots were in Ohio! Hey, I have had some strange things happen listening to the Grateful Dead, but that took the cake!

Regarding being nervous about BF being around, I go through phases. Sometimes it doesn't bother me and other times it still freaks me out. I beat myself up about it sometimes, but then I think that a lot of people would be nervous if they knew that Bigfoot liked to hang out in the area. Heck, many people would be scared to hangout at night outdoors at 3am, even if BF wasn't known to be there.

It's one thing if you go away from home on an expedition to see a BF, but it is quite another when every day you look out your window, or take out the garbage, or burn your paper garbage wondering if it is lurking in the shadows watching me.

Hammer, I do understand your last paragraph above, and how that would affect you. I think, though, that they are in fact much closer to our homes than many believers would imagine, and yet cause virtually no real disruption to our lives.

I live in an area that has sightings reported for literally hundreds of years, and though my own were 10 miles from my town, out in the mountains, some of the sightings have been in folks' back yards, and the creeks, forests, and trails run right through the city. In fact, Abbotsford bills itself as "The City in the Country" because of those features. There is more concern here about the black bears that wander into town, and the occasional cougar, than about the very rare BF sightings.

Fortunately we don't have to worry about bears or wolves here. And even then, that wouldn't bother me because they are regular animals. Bigfoots are weird and have some sort of high intelligence. Some seem to have a curious interest in humans. We just don't know what they are, what their capabilities are and how they exist in our world. I have been reading the "Friend or Foe" thread and for me, I don't know enough about them to feel comfortable yet.

Hammer, there does seem to be a common thread of those who share the band's philosophy, and it runs through this area of interest. (Cliff Barackman tipped his hand to a lot of us Heads when he once  exhorted Bobo to "Shake it, Shake it Sugaree") I'm not sure why that is, really, but I suspect it is just common sensibilties being expressed. After all, you never heard any hard-core tour rat say, "Nah, that's just not possible."  If you open yourself to these possiblities, all kinds of things crowd in, am I right? If the boys ever had an example to give, that would be it, I reckon.  That, and uncertainty rules this world. Don't fight it. 

WSA and DWA, are you fans of the band?  I about fell over when I saw that episode with Cliff telling Bobo to "shake it, shake it Sugaree."  Made me laugh.  I also heard Renae mention it once that Cliff used to follow the Grateful Dead.  Then I found Cliff's website and think that it was there that he said he saw 35+ shows.  So when Cliff comes to speak at the Ohio BF Conference in April, while all the other people are standing around waiting to ask him BF questions, I am going to wait my turn and ask him what his favorite show was.  Then I'm going to tell him about my idea for a BF movie, (another thread here), what it would be like to see BF going to a Grateful Dead show.  >>laughing<<  He'd be hanging out in the parking lot / vending area and no one would care.  Then he'd go to the show and everyone would be telling him to sit down in front.  Then when drumz/space started to blow his mind in second set, he'd go back outside to the deserted parking lot and hang with the poor guy who couldn't get a miracle ticket.  The guy would offer him half of his sandwich, and they would become friends.  The end.  So that's what I would tell Cliff about, just before I would invite him to come here for a low key investigation. 

When I wrote that report, I had no idea who Cliff was.  I just knew that my music was a part of the experience that day, so I included it.

Grateful Dead music is all about reaching into the cosmos, thinking outside of yourself and embracing the possibilities that sound like unconventional wisdom.  Sure, Jerry took a short cut by taking lots of drugs which eventually robbed him of his good health and ability to continue on that path of wisdom, but in the mean time, he really searched for the what ifs and what else is there.  George Harrison  was the same way.  Maybe that's why I like their music.  It opens up more possibilities about what life is like here, out there and beyond.  Many of their songs also put a good perspective on the mundane earthly bound life as it were. 

What are we as a human race if we do not reach out for more knowledge and question the world we live in?  I like thinking about life that way.  Like when I sit outside and think about big stuff, like relatives that have gone before, where I am now, what job to take, or how to reach out to a family member, or a great business strategy, or just give thanks for being in this beautiful place.  I would think about all those things, stare at the beautiful stars, listen to Jerry's beautiful notes wafting out into space, and in the quiet of my mind, some sort of eureka inspiration would hit. 

Now, on one particular day in May, I was sitting on that little back road for several minutes, with "Three from the vault" playing watching the horses and looking out at the pretty scene, when WHAM!  A Bigfoot jumped across the road right in front of me, (well about 200 + yards in front of me anyway).  I was jerked out of my peaceful quiet mind set and my heart started racing and I felt a feeling like I had never felt before.  It really shook me up.  I had no idea that BFs were even around, let alone were real. 

I guess that's just what happens sometimes when you are free and open yourself up to the vibrations of the world around you in a quiet space in your mind.  That's when it always seems to happen for me.  The only difference now is that I guess when the door opened for me Bigfoot walked in. 

Thanks a lot Jerry!  :o

^^^Love their records.  Live I wasn't so hot on; saw them at Cap Centre in suburban DC long about 1974 and they space jammed and 'lectronicized a bit much for me.  But American Beauty, Workingman's Dead, Aoxomoxoa, Wake of the Flood and Mars Hotel are as good as American Music gets.  And they just couldn't make a record without long moments of utter transcendence on it.  It just wasn't in them.

Cool!  Try picking up the CD shows 1978 at the Egyptian Pyramids during the eclipse, or the 78 closing of Winterland.  You can also see it on Youtube.