How Has Seeing A Bigfoot Changed Your Life?

Hammer102492

Guest zenmonkey

The interesting thing about the bigfoot phenomena is there  is just enough to it to be interesting. Rather or not you choose to fall down the rabbit hole is up to you. To dismiss something as plausible as this right off hand is when you really need to question your critical thinking skills. Ive never "seen" one but I think I have caught a glimpse of something running up hill after hearing a sound that I've only heard from gorillas. It just fueled my curiosity.

I can't say anything bad about those groups they do put in the effort but do you really know if what you have seen was a Bigfoot? It could be a person in a costume playing a trick on you this is very common these days. I keep a very open mind but most scientists I know including myself question the existence of Bigfoot and consider it as either a misidentification or hoax in all evidence so far.

How do I know what I saw 35 years ago was real? I have to rely on my outdoor experience up to that time, to know that it could not have been a bear, as they do not walk erect for 300 ft. uphill through thick ground cover. As for a man in a suit? Highly unlikely, as I was in a very infrequently traveled area, with no one knowing where I was going to be, and a hoaxer would have faced the very real possibilty of waiting at that creekside for days, before anyone might come along to be hoaxed, and also the possibility of being shot in his supposed costume, since it was spring bear season , and that's what I was looking for.

The small group of researchers that I now work with goes to great lengths to keep our area of operations from being public knowledge, specifically to avoid having to deal with hoaxers, and again, we're operating far enough from normally frequented areas to make it extremely unlikely that a hoaxer would wait for days or weeks on end to encounter someone to play a joke on.

It's not impossible that we could be hoaxed, but it is so extremely unlikely, that we won't worry about it.

• Upvote 1

A lot of people have had real experiences with these creatures; that I have no doubt. I have only seen a footprint. And even that only confirmed what I've always suspected anyway so it really didn't change me much.

Hammer

My whole life has change since my encounters, It has change in such a way I have dedicated my life to it.  There is some thing that I cannot explain how they are able to understand me as a person. Everything that I am they know yet it all seems like a dream that you cannot wake up from. The evidence that they leave to let you know that it is them, the warnings they give when you are to close, and the proof when you are in doubt. There is always some thing with them that at times makes you feel secure and at other time can leave you so freighting that you will stay out of the woods for weeks. At other times they can leave you with this peacefulness that you have no understanding how it happened.

But the change that these creatures made in me  is the structure of my belief and what I have been taught in school and even in ch*rch and about our world. There is nothing in science that can help me explain the things that I have expierance. I have read about the stuff that I have expierance on the net and even the military has expiermented with this and I have heard stories that it has been used in the first gulf war. But how can you talk about this stuff and not be called crazy, or called a nut. The only reason I came out with it is to know that I am not alone, That I was not loosing my mind or that I was really going of the deep end. Imagine that here I am talking about a creature that people say does not exist yet I have seen this creature more then one time. A creature that has done some amazing things that I will never forget in my life ,That I would go to court and be sworn in under a congressional hearing and tell everything just like it happened.

Now I just want to just leave them alone,they have their areas and they do not want me hunting them.When they choose a place ,they will do what they can to keep people out. 

SSR Team

Anyone who thinks this is all misidentification or hoax simply isn't in touch.  That's not an opinion.

Scientists, who needs them..;)

Guest StevieStrangeGlove94

Its gotten me out in the woods. Exploring the mountains, hiking, enjoying camp life, etc. everytime im out there i like to imagine there in the next valley. Maybe they are.

ShadowBorn, I was hoping that you would chime in. Thanks for posting. I can learn a lot from you.

Thanks to all the other posters too. It's interesting to hear how a.BF encounter has affected your life.

This is helpful to me personally as well.

Guest JiggyPotamus

Personally I am very thankful that I was able to have an encounter, mainly because it released me from any doubts that I still had. And I did have them, although I pretty much assumed the animals were real, based mainly of the sighting record. I never really find myself bringing up my sighting in conversation with anyone, although I probably would tell my story if the subject came up, but rarely does that happen to me in real life. I don't mind talking about it online at all, since there is a certain degree of anonymity with the majority of those who will read what I write.

Plus, on these particular forums it is easier for me to speak my mind and talk openly about what happened, but also about anything regarding sasquatch. I post on a non-sasquatch related website a lot, and I will talk about sasquatch if I see a thread on it, but honestly I don't feel as comfortable doing so as on these forums.

I suppose that I have gotten to the point where I don't care what people think online, but this is not the case in person. So that is why I am much more reserved regarding sasquatch in general when it comes to regular conversation. But I can totally understand both extremes, how someone could just not care what anyone thinks, or how someone could care what everyone thinks. I've had anxiety problems for a long time, although I have been able to control it a whole lot better now, so I know what it is like to worry about things one shouldn't be worried with, and I also understand letting such baggage go and just not caring anymore. I am somewhere in the middle, but I've done both to a certain extent.

Cool.

So as a Scientist, what studies have you done on the animal that make your hope dwindle away regarding its existence ?

Is there anywhere I could find your published study papers online ?

Sorry I just work with regular animals and have nothing published about Bigfoot.

I understand what you mean but no real scientist would say something doesn't exist. Real science evaluates based on the evidence at hand.

You would be suprised how crazy and opinionated some scientists are I have met all kinds.

I've been pondering how to answer the question without including a bunch of stuff that only matters to me.

Basically ... I don't know.   I "believed" before I was 10 years old and had that turn to knowing before I was 14.   Whatever was before is water so far under the bridge I don't remember it.   The impact was not of changing disbelief to belief, but of confirming what I was pretty sure of. 

MIB

Guest zenmonkey

Its gotten me out in the woods. Exploring the mountains, hiking, enjoying camp life, etc. everytime im out there i like to imagine there in the next valley. Maybe they are.

Perfectly said!

Sorry I just work with regular animals and have nothing published about Bigfoot.

You would be suprised how crazy and opinionated some scientists are I have met all kinds.

Ya thats why I said real science. I myself am trained in biology and spent a long time in school but catch myself getting caught up in all the mambo jumbo. Just gotta remember the real reason for science!