How Has Seeing A Bigfoot Changed Your Life?

Hammer102492

I have probably shared in enough detail in other threads on how the SSq changed my life, but another way that I have not discussed as much perhaps is how it changed my view of what SSq is. I used to think they were probably animals and more specifically just a species of Gorilla. Since I was a kid I was interested in their possible existence and watched every documentary and read any book I could get my hands on. I would say I was very much indoctrinated into the Ape camp. In 1999 or 2000 somewhere around there I joined the forum here (BFF 1.0) and was very active in the Patterson threads mostly. Since I was really just an enthusiast I became a bit off put by some of the infighting within the community and just kind of became more scarce into the 2004 -2006 period of time and I may not have even logged in here once during those years.

I remember the EB saga (an others) here and thought that the paranormal,supernatural SSq had nothing to do with Sasquatch. I wasnt so sure of the stability mentally of the experiencers who were reporting these type things and thought it might be undiagnosed schizophrenia or the like, but I tried to have an open mind, and remain respectful of such individuals....generally speaking though I just left them and their stories alone.

Then starting in 2008 some very strange things began to happen in my life and into 2009 to 2011 I was having recurring encounters with SSq and learning literally things about their ways. Im not sure how much of what they showed me is true or deceptive, but I immediately thought of all the people who had been adamant about their bizarre encounters and thought differently about what I thought about them and everything. Not just everything as it related to SSq but everything period. What I had learned about SSq prior to that came from other peoples opinion of what SSq was. Things that others (who were open to them) were parroting from what others would say about them. Now I had my own personal experience and interaction with the SSq and the things I learned were not mainstream, they were not accepted realities within an already scarcely accepted reality. I am in the camp that they are part human, part something (or other somethings) else, that there is a large population, and that they are closer than you think or will probably ever become aware of, they have intelligence that is on par with our own but has manifested in different ways and with different utilization. Their drivers to and for existence are not easy to relate to when compared to ours. It is a long complicated story.

I rejoined this forum in 2011 after my then recent encounters. My old login was not in the new (BFF 2.0) database so I had to re register, and the rest is the rest.

• Upvote 2

JiggyPotamus - thanks for sharing your experience.  You're among friends here.  Being anonymous helps feel free to post what you wouldn't normally talk about in mixed company.  Plus I think of BFF like a support group.  Keep coming back and offering your thoughts.  They are welcome here! 

Thanks!

Hammer

Stevie Strange - yes, getting out into the wilderness is where it's at.  Enjoying and appreciating your wilderness surroundings is a big benefit from experiencing a BF.  I thought that I was an outside wilderness person, but I have tuned in so much more now to my surroundings than ever before.  As a result, I have become more aware of the movements of BF, barred owl and screech owl.  I pay more attention to the coyotes now too.  Just as I was coming home tonight, there were three deer standing in our yard.  No wonder BF are here. They have everything they could want in terms of food, water and shelter. 

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts!

waiiwiwb - looks like you changed your mind.  Hope you find the words again.  Looking forward to hearing what you have to say about it.

DWA - I hope you see one soon and report back!

BC Witness - Thank you for participating.  I pay attention to what you say.  You are wise and thoughtful.  You talked me off the ledge with the light shine incident.  I have a new respect for owls.  You are now one of my go-to people when I need a calming voice of reason, from someone that has seen it but still have a reasonable outlook on what is really going on, or solid possibilities.  Thank you!

That's the way I like to communicate.  When I'm thinking about the boy next door, albeit big and hairy.  I can't believe what people are saying.  I can believe it but when I joined up here, it blew my mind.  When I'm out I wonder if I'll see it walking.  That's the way it ought to be.   >>trying not to annoy people with my musical posts, so now I incorporate it sometimes into my text<<  That's the way I'm doing it now.  You may, or may not recognize the song, but hey, whatever, it's what I'm thinking about.  >>Is leftfoot lurking now,  looks left and right<<  I don't know what to say now.  Seems like yesterday I saw it standing by the river.  But now's the time to look and look again at what you see.  That's the way. 

The Phaige - I was hoping that you would post.  Thank you a million for those thoughts.  I plussed you and I see that someone else did too.  I had you and a few others in mind when I threw up this thread.  And I got back some thoughts from others that I am so grateful for.  Thank you all!  I am still hoping for a few others that have yet to weigh in.  You know who you are but I'm not going to call anyone out. 

I want all kinds of people to chime in on this.  I want to know how this Bigfoot Sasquatch ordeal has had a part in your life.  I'm not trying to be nosey, I just want to compare notes.  It's a selfish reason for asking this question.  Mostly it's so I can look around and see that others have been affected by it too. 

Phaige, you are a brave soul to share your thoughts, and I want you to know that I think that what you, and Shadowborn, OHZoologist, lightfoot, Sasfooty and other say is, in my opinion, contributing to the knowledge base of what these things could be. 

There's a good and necessary place for leftfoot and others that don't believe because Mulder needed Scully, but this thread is for people that have experienced it and it has had an impact on them. 

In my opinion, once one of these things comes into your life, it ain't the same no more. 

Nice to hear that I'm not the only one.

All you posters experiences contribute to the knowledge base here.  At least for me anyway.  I am grateful that we have a forum where we can come together to talk about it.  Thank you BFF!

We're all learning to fly.

zen monkey - you keep on getting outside and documenting this stuff for us.  We need you scientists in the field to help us out.  Good luck!  and thank you.

BobbyO - I am closest to you in terms of where I'm at.  I am obsessed with finding out what this is and why it's here. 

Too bad you can't share it with your close community, but hey, you got us! 

I am grateful to my krewe, and I say Thank You Falettinme Be Mice Elf Again.  :)

Kerry - I know how you feel about mis-identification, but for the sake of discussion on this thread, it's for people that know when they know, without doubt.  However, it's good to bring your point into it because what if you think you saw one, and are looking for ways to think that it isn't true?  That is actually a HUGE part of the process.  I'd like to walk away and say that it never happened, and write it off to a big deer jumping, or the neighbors howling, or a girl that was confused, or neighbors that heard something else, or two car loads of unrelated people seeing it at the same time, or that the rocks or whatever hit the house was, well I can't figure that out, but whatever. And just go on thinking that it could be something else when your inner soul is telling you that you can't deny it.  The more you do, the more it bothers you, so you just have to barf it out and see what exactly what you ate.  Sorry for the gross reference.  It doesn't matter what it is in life that bothers you, or you deny or hide from or whatever, if you let it fester, or bury it, it will come out one way or another.  Do you wonder, do you believe, what would it look like, how would it feel.  There's no easy answer.  Do you believe in what we are and what we can be.  One thing is for certain, tomorrow is going to come. Being strong is what will get us through.  Just take my hand because this is beautiful.  We'll find everything we are looking for, but it won't be easy because you got to believe.  Love is strong enough to get us through.

Song lyrics in italics.  That's how I'm going to do it.  If the words I want to use fit to my songs, I'm using them.  And that's all I have to say about that.

These feelings won't go away.  I'm telling you

I can be sideways, every time you are around.

• Upvote 1

SWWASasquatchproject - how much time in the field did you have before you saw one?  I am assuming from your post that you did.  I have just been pondering that point tonight, about spending time in the field.  For me, I literally can go out to my field. 

It's one thing sitting here typing on the computer, and it's another to go outside now and light a big bonfire because we finally caught a break in the weather here in Ohio.  Then again, the boogie man might be out there.  I am thinking that I want to put on my boogie shoes. 

I wouldn't have thought twice about it before I saw BF.  That's how it  has affected me.  I wouldn't think twice about spending time outside.  Now I'm looking over my shoulder and watching.  I guess it depends on my mood how much I care, but it's just different now, and that old way will never be back again.  It's sad to some extent for me, but that's reality and what can you do?  My first question to the researchers was, "Is it aggressive?  Do I have to be worried about these things?"  He said that they have not been known to attack people.  Nothing a good flashlight won't take care of.  But he did caution me to close the shades on our windows at night because it wouldn't be fun to see one in the window.  WHOA  That sent me reeling.  He said that like any animal, if you back it into a corner or get too close, it could react. 

So I'm getting up my courage to go out there tonight to burn the garbage papers and an old desk.  I'll just carry two flashlights to keep me safe, just in case they want to kidnap me.  laughing now, but hey I've heard of it mentioned on threads here!  Isn't that sad that I have to think twice.  Meh, word is peace.  So that's what I'm going with.  Wish me luck!

salubrious - I couldn't find it off the FB link, but I clicked on that thread and wow!  That's a story and a half!  Something was coming down on those Colorado BFs if it was real. 

I'm with you on the nature thing.  Thanks for posting!

Thank you, Hammer, for starting this thread, as even an old timer like me is interested in seeing how it affects those who are new to the experience, and you got a wonderful range of answers here. I'm sure you're absorbing it all, and will mull it over thoroughly, but don't let it consume you completely. You still have your lovely home, and your loving engineer, those things don't change just because a new thing has presented itself in your reality. Yes, you are wise to think twice about doing things that you might not have had to have that concern for in the past, but that, too, is part of life these days, even without BF in the picture. Drink it all in, ponder it, and enjoy the experience.

But I'm scared BC!  I want to go outside now and I just listened to boolywooger's sound bites.

I told the engineer that you sent your regards.  He appreciated that.  When I told him that you said an owl could do that, he was impressed that I came back with a good answer after asking to me to ask you all.

It doesn't consume me, but a couple of times a week I get a chance to post what I am thinking about it.  Most of the week I am living a normal life.  We have good projects going on at the house and the engineer is shoring up the floors for our 140 year old house.  I had a fun lunch and shopping gig with my sister-in-law today.  I said hello to my friends at the Eagles club, and practiced some darts.  Came home and the engineer cooked some home made pizzas.  It's his kitchen.  So then I check in with the threads to see what's going on.  Thank people for posting, and now I want to go outside and enjoy the weather and make a nice bonfire.  I wouldn't have thought twice about it before and never spent this much time on the computer, but like, if I go out there, is the boogie man going to be watching me?  I've already got my play book in hand for peace and prayers and maybe hearing or seeing something, but geez, it's just not the same and I honestly don't know what to do at this very moment.  I'm scared of the boogie man. 

Hey, Hammer, a little honest fear every once in a while is a healthy thing, keeps you sharp. BUT, are there any stories of your neighbours disappearing mysteriously lately, children or dogs snatched off the road in broad daylight?, If not, then go out there, light that big roaring fire, crank up your tunes, and savor that little chill that runs up your spine from time to time! I look forward to hearing about your evening, when you post it tomorrow.

I'm about to turn on the late news, and see how Canada did in the Olympics today.

Edited by BC witness

Good advice BC!  You are such a calming influence on me.  You're right.  There hasn't been anything of that.  You are right.  I'll just go do my thing and it will be good.  You just gave me the shot of courage I needed.  I love this place it's so beautiful.

Canada has been kicking tail on America!  Your country has so much to be proud of, as do we. 

I'll post a full report.

The only think I have to do tomorrow is to lay around and watch the Daytona 500 and eat the engineer's pizza. 

Thank you dear friend. 

I'm going out there brave and with peace in my heart!!!!!

I needed your shot in the arm.  Thank you dear.  Rest well and enjoy.  :)

So take, take me home. 

Peace Out.

There is so much to say & I have so few words that adequately describe it. Sometimes I wonder if I knew them in a previous life, because I was so happy when they came & never thought about being afraid of them at first. Just this short time that I have consciously known them should not be enough to have given me the "knowing"  & acceptance that has always been there.

When we first realized that they were here, it felt "inside" like welcoming old friends that had been gone. But on the outside, they were mysterious, unfamiliar, & eventually a bit scary. It was fascinating to watch & listen for them every night, & try to understand what was happening out there. After all these years, I still don't really know what they are & what their purpose for being here is.

They have changed the "outside" part of me into somebody that doesn't need pride anymore, that doesn't worry about what tomorrow will bring, & doesn't dwell on what happened in the past. They opened my eyes, (all three of them), and small pieces of reality continue to show themselves. It's like I had been locked in a dark closet all my life, & they were occasionally opening the door & allowing glimpses of what is outside. Now, I get out for short times. Someday, I will be allowed to stay.

salubrious - I couldn't find it off the FB link, but I clicked on that thread and wow!  That's a story and a half!  Something was coming down on those Colorado BFs if it was real. 

I'm with you on the nature thing.  Thanks for posting!

Something happened with FB/FB, not sure what but a lot of their older videos are now gone.

When my truck came to a complete stop the first BF was in my brights no more than 12 feet from my steering wheel. I've no doubt of its reality. That would have been pretty hard to hoax and that is the only other explanation.

But I'm scared BC!  I want to go outside now and I just listened to boolywooger's sound bites.

It doesn't consume me, but a couple of times a week I get a chance to post what I am thinking about it. 

[snip]

I wouldn't have thought twice about it before and never spent this much time on the computer, but like, if I go out there, is the boogie man going to be watching me?  I've already got my play book in hand for peace and prayers and maybe hearing or seeing something, but geez, it's just not the same and I honestly don't know what to do at this very moment.  I'm scared of the boogie man. 

I've had a couple of experiences since that one on the Dallas Divide.

This is all just my opinion mind you, no-one really knows anything about the BF tribe: although they can be really intimidating (on account of what they look like and their size) I don't think you would have anything to fear from them! In general they don't want anything to do with humans, but it is possible to be friends, of a sort. Not friends like humans think of it, friends like they think of it, whatever that is (almost any experience with them is entirely on their terms).

You are in more danger in the forest from a bear, cougar or ticks than you are BF! I don't have any qualms about getting out into the woods (and I do my best to get off of the trails). In that regard its the same now as it was before I knew they were there. The difference is I'm more aware.

It all went last night. Stayed up until sunrise outside with no incident. I'm glad for that. I overcame my fear and enjoyed the bonfire and our beautiful surroundings.

Thanks for your post Sasfooty!

Thanks salubrius. Interesting story. Appreciate the encouragement.