How Has Seeing A Bigfoot Changed Your Life?

Hammer102492

I saw a bunch of E. Coast shows back in the day, starting in '77 through about '93. But, as always, some nights they ate the beast, and some nights the beast ate them. If you ever saw them in a small theater, like the Fox in Atlanta, you could still feel that old ballroom vibe. Historians, they were, telling of the old, weird America, when running away to join up with a tent show circus was seen as a legitimate career path.     

I wish the '74 show hadn't turned me off.  I've seen video and I'll check those that tell me that at their best live, they were great.

I think of them and Neil Young the same way:  they could make the simplest stuff not sound profound, but be profound.  Not everybody has that.

And no need to apologize for not getting into the live drumz/space.  I know a lot of people who would take a bathroom break and hit the concession stands during that time.  I loved that part though.  Just when I thought I couldn't stand it anymore, like where are they taking me?  the music would come back and bring it all home.  ..."when you get confused, just listen to the music play."  Oh that's right, I promised I wouldn't quote music anymore. 

How all this relates to our topic at hand?  Well I guess it's just all about what opens your mind up to the unknown world around you. 

Yeah, the circus was in town for sure when Jerry and the boys showed up!  And some shows were just OK, and some were hot.  I think a lot depended on Jerry's health at the time. 

Just goes to show that you never know, what can happen when you get 20,000 people all pulling in the same direction.  Talk about profound!  It's amazing what could and did happen. 

^^^Well, I think WSA dovetailed it in rather nicely.

Look at my RedQuote.  Scientists doing groundbreaking science open themselves up to what the road, and not their textbooks, is telling them.  There's a little space jam in every Nobel Prize.

I saw a bunch of E. Coast shows back in the day, starting in '77 through about '93. But, as always, some nights they ate the beast, and some nights the beast ate them. If you ever saw them in a small theater, like the Fox in Atlanta, you could still feel that old ballroom vibe. Historians, they were, telling of the old, weird America, when running away to join up with a tent show circus was seen as a legitimate career path.     

My brother and I ran from our last exam in '76 - I mean, he picked me up on Campus Drive, the last bad vibe still fading away, and peeled rubber - to see Little Feat at the Warner Theatre in DC.  A better marriage of band and venue never happened.

That's what the Dead would have been like if I saw them on the right night.  They were so different.  But they were just the same.

Edited by DWA

I'm back to not being scared.  I think we have friendlies here. 

Too involved to tell you why I think that, but I do. 

They are here without a doubt.  That much I know. 

So I'm in a better place than I was a few nights ago.

Rollercoaster of emotions and ideas.  Searching for answers, getting some. 

It's all good.

Thank you all for contributing to this thread!  I appreciate you being there with thoughts, opinions and encouragement. 

Peace out,

Hammer

I haven't seen one, but I think I have heard one/some several times.  At first it really, really freaked me out and I was here all the time trying to learn and listen to other people's stories.  

Then my car broke down and I've been basically in town for a year.   Since I wasn't doing anything out in the woods, it all took a back seat.

I've decided that I believe they are the natural hominid inhabitants of our planet - its' US who are the strange ones who really don't fit in with the rest of the animal life on this planet.  I see them as an extremely adaptable, reclusive hominid species that is intelligent enough not to be discovered, which implies some sort of intelligence beyond animal reasoning.  

I have also decided that they should just be left alone.  Live and let live.  I want nothing to do with them.

I will take precautions in the woods when I'm hiking with my family and friends, and since we have had several strange things happen, I won't hike alone.  It used to occupy a lot of my thoughts, but now I'm busier and have less time.  

I do see the hills near my home and call them "the bigfoot hills", though, and I will speak my mind to anyone who asks.  If I run across more instances of oddities, I will contact the people in the bigfoot world that I've had the pleasure to meet, and I always carry an evidence kit in my daypack just in case.  Otherwise, I check in here every few months and that's about it.

I intend to leave them alone.  

^^^Well I have said, many times, that anyone who thinks sasquatch is weird and improbable hasn't reflected on their own species very much.

If we could happen, anything could.

I loved your post Madison.  It really showed the process you went through. 

That's what I am interested in, the process one goes through.

Similarly, I had a lot of time on my hands and then I got a new job, so I don't think about it as much, (yeah right).

I can relate to it occupying your thoughts and coming to the BFF to find answers through other's experiences. 

Unlike you, my home is not in the city, but right where I believe they live.  However, we have a second home in the city where we go on occasion, and it's a totally different feeling.  Kind of nice to be away.  But then we come home and I can't help but look out the window, or pay attention when I go out on the porch to catch a smoke. 

I don't know what is going to happen when the nice weather comes around.  May is just around the corner, and last year, that was a big BF month around here.  So we'll see what happens.  I won't be out until all hours of the night though because of my job.  But plenty goes on around here before midnight, so we'll see. 

Every time I think that this is all nuts and there's nothing happening, even in the winter, something happens about once a month where I think that they are here.  The engineer in the house thinks that the only thing that happened for real was that I saw it a couple of miles down the road, and that nothing is actually happening here.  He hasn't experienced anything though.  I take his good counsel and leave a space for doubt about my experiences, but I sure wish he would see it! 

Last month I believe that I saw eye shine / glow whatever.  It could have been an owl.  So we'll see what March brings.  If the weather warms up, I may be able to spend some time outside. 

Thanks again Madison.  I appreciate comparing notes for the process of where one puts the BF thing in your life.  That's what I am looking for in this thread. 

Yeah DWA, we can all be interesting specimens too!  :)

Hammer, I am an engineer and you know the comments I have made on the subject. They are very capable of showing interest in a particular individual and be totally out of sight oui of mind for another...in the same home. This is not uncommon...but certainly can cause the one who is experiencing things to feel isolated on many different levels.

That's exactly how it feels Phaige! You hit the nail on the head right there.

And I do love engineers. Hope you weren't offended. Trying to think of what to call my husband here without using his name. Maybe illjjust call him the doubter.

Yeah but its all me and none on him that's for sure. What a day it will be if I could report an encounter for him!!! I would make him write it for you. We'll see what happens this spring and. Summer. He usually goes to bed early though