32 Reports Of Bigfoot Being Shot Dead.

georgerm

Guest keninsc

That's the thing. All of these people who claim to have shot A Bigfoot either claim to be scared of being prosecuted or they didn't know what to do next and just left it, or.....and this is my personal favorite.....they took the critter to some un-named mysterious group and signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement and claim to be contractually bond not to reveal anything, yet here they are talking about it, until you try to get any real facts from them. Then suddenly they involve the NDA and can't say any more.

Reeks of BS from the beginning. I shoot a Bigfoot then I'm going to bring something back, most likely the head feet and hands. Then secure the body so it can't be removed by anything other than a human. I'm going to take pictures, lots of pictures and shoot video. Then once I get the harvested parts to someone for real science to be done, then I'm back to get the rest of the critter.

Now, the fact is if the creature is not known to exist in the first place then you can't be prosecuted for anything. The only possibility that might come up is if the creature is discovered to be a human like creature or a humanoid. Then that could get a little sticky, but the fact is humans have been shooting unknown creatures for hundreds of years. Hell, Teddy Roosevelt went to Africa and shot over two hundred white Rhinos which are now considered to be endangered, but when he did it, it was to fill orders from Museums of the day. So the precedent is set in history. And that is just one shining example. All this other crap about the government MIB's showing up and making threats against you is bogus.

So if you shoot one then bring it out, or quit talking about it.

Edited by keninsc

From a bigfoot's perspective, dismemberment of a dead bigfoot's body might be interpreted as food collection/preparation.

That's the thing. All of these people who claim to have shot A Bigfoot either claim to be scared of being prosecuted or they didn't know what to do next and just left it, or.....and this is my personal favorite.....they took the critter to some un-named mysterious group and signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement and claim to be contractually bond not to reveal anything, yet here they are talking about it, until you try to get any real facts from them. Then suddenly they involve the NDA and can't say any more.

Reeks of BS from the beginning. I shoot a Bigfoot then I'm going to bring something back, most likely the head feet and hands. Then secure the body so it can't be removed by anything other than a human. I'm going to take pictures, lots of pictures and shoot video. Then once I get the harvested parts to someone for real science to be done, then I'm back to get the rest of the critter.

Now, the fact is if the creature is not known to exist in the first place then you can't be prosecuted for anything. The only possibility that might come up is if the creature is discovered to be a human like creature or a humanoid. Then that could get a little sticky, but the fact is humans have been shooting unknown creatures for hundreds of years. Hell, Teddy Roosevelt went to Africa and shot over two hundred white Rhinos which are now considered to be endangered, but when he did it, it was to fill orders from Museums of the day. So the precedent is set in history. And that is just one shining example. All this other crap about the government MIB's showing up and making threats against you is bogus.

So if you shoot one then bring it out, or quit talking about it.

Pretty much

I can't get into any of these stories for the same exact reasons.  I could understand maybe a few hunters being spooked but someone would end up with a part of the body for evidence.

The fear of legal ramifications is also a bit absurd.  You could probably get away with saying that you thought it was a bear or it was being aggressive/hostile. 

What's the back story to the picture on the right?

Good question

That's a terrible angle for making any guesses about what is happening.  If that was a legit dead animal, I would imagine/hope that the photographer took some close up pictures.

My initial impression is that it's a fake but I would still like to see more pics.  The face has a mask look and the positioning of the body just feels staged.  It doesn't look natural even if there were no scavengers. 

Not all reports are about BF being buried for fear of the law.

Where there's smoke, there's fire. Not all of these reports are fabrications. Someone has bones in their attic.

See if you can internet some facts on a report or two.

15. 1943: Georgia, near the South Carolina border. A Bigfoot was shot and killed by a shotguns, hit with 60 bullets

16. 1953: Alder Creek Canyon, Sandy, Oregon. East of Portland, a hunter shot and killed a Bigfoot, then buried the body. Reported by Peter Byrne.

17. 1958-1960: Overton County, Tennessee. Bigfoot stealing chickens was shot dead by the owner of the chickens.

18. 1960′s: Douglas, Oregon: In the Cascades west of the Umpqua National Forest, a farmer shot a Bigfoot and then somehow managed to take it back to his house

19. 1965: Kitimat, British Colombia. On the coast of central British Colombia, a Kitimat man shot and killed a Bigfoot near town.

20. December 1967: Teton National Forest near Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Two college students from Marshalltown, Iowa, Lyle Bingaman and Mike Burton, shot and killed a Bigfoot, thinking it was a bear.

21. 1968: North of Carson, Wyoming. Three men were hired by a rancher to kill a Bigfoot that was killing his cows and sheep by tearing off their legs.

22. After 1968: Alabama. The same man involved in the Carson, Wyoming case above shot another Bigfoot later on.

23. 1969: Whiteface Reservoir, Minnesota. A hunter shot and killed a Bigfoot, then put the body on ice and displayed it for awhile before replacing it with a plastic replica.

24. After 1969: Clark, Washington. Neat Mt. St. Helens, a manshot and killed a Bigfoot, then tried to sell it, but stopped when he thought it might have been illegal to kill the Bigfoot.

25. 1970: Spokane, Washington. Grover Krantz reported that a hunter shot and killed a Bigfoot.

Guest keninsc

Yes, but consider this, all these reports and nothing to date. The law of averages is going to say that of all these you posted and the dozens more that I've seen someone would have kept something or hung a trophy mount of the head.......or something and we're still at zero.

It just seems to fly in the face of statistical probabilities.

BFF Patron

Heck, Turtleman plunked one in the knee with a .22 as a kid, doesn't that count!   

• Upvote 1

Heck, Turtleman plunked one in the knee with a .22 as a kid, doesn't that count!   

LOL!

Who is Turtleman?

Someone has one of those dead BFs buried in the yard or the bones in their attic. All the proof we need.

• 2 weeks later...

Shouldn't we consider that somewhere in rural america, there is some out of touch, isolated people who have probably killed one?  People that are connected with technology and live very simple lives...backwoods type people? 

Guest keninsc

We could also assume that aliens landed on a few and squisheded them.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Regardless of who did the shooting, we still have no body. Doesn't really matter, the key is a body or skeleton, something....anything.

And to date we don't have it.

Well then, follow up on UFO landing reports, and looked for the squished BF remains!  It's a dirty job but somones got to do it.................that is bringing in squished remains.

"Shouldn't we consider that somewhere in rural america, there is some out of touch, isolated people who have probably killed one?  People that are connected with technology and live very simple lives...backwoods type people?"  

You hit the nail on the head, and many of these reports seem to indicate this fact.  Go back 70 years and these back woods people had no where to take a dead BF. Many times those who have a BF simply don't know where to get it looked at by a biologist. A 700 pound BF won't stay fresh long in the heat, so bury it, and quick. Yes, as others pointed out, burying BF is no easy task. How did farmers bury cows before back hoes?  A shallow pit and lots of lime?     

a report from Maine

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/10/27/news/state/bigfoot-in-maine-10-foot-tall-wild-man-was-killed-in-1886-newspapers-reported/

Editor’s Note: This story contains passages from newspaper reports 127 years ago that today might be offensive to some readers. The intent is to accurately reproduce the accounts from that time period.

WATERVILLE, Maine — In the same month the Statue of Liberty was dedicated in New York in 1886, a handful of newspapers in New England published stories about a deadly encounter in the Maine woods involving what today likely would be termed “Bigfoot†or “Sasquatch.â€

The story of the 10-foot-tall “wild man†with 7-foot-long arms and hair growing all over his face and body was reported in broadsheets of the time after first gracing the pages of the Waterville Sentinel, a weekly paper that no longer exists. The Waterville Morning Sentinel was established 18 years later in 1904.

Tales of these seldom-seen, mysterious apelike beasts are found in Maine folklore, according to experts, but they are more prevalent in California, Washington and Oregon tales. Online searches yield hundreds of similar stories from around the globe.

The Maine story starts in early October 1886 when “an affrighted Frenchman from over the line†arrived in the Elm City to weave a frightening tale of woe, according to an excerpt from the Sentinel published in at least two other papers of the era, the Wilton Record and The Industrial Journal of Bangor.

“The Frenchman’s story, which is implicitly believed, is that three men were camping out in the woods about a hundred miles north of Moosehead Lake,†the 127-year-old newspaper articles state. “Two of the campers were away from the camp for a week and came back to find the dead body of their companion.â€

The unnamed storyteller, possibly a Canadian, “had his fellows in town all by the ears†with the story about the giant wild man he encountered in the dense woods above Moosehead, according to the papers.

When he and the other camper discovered their friend was dead, they searched out others to form a posse to find his killer.

“They went for help and reinforced by a dozen others searched the woods for the unknown murderer,†the stories read. “It proved to be a terrible wild man, ten feet tall, with arms seven feet in length, covered with long, brown hair. The party fired several shots at him and finally succeeded in reaching a fatal spot, laying the monster low.â€

Newspapers of this era used few images, and none of the articles had accompanying sketches of the “wild man.â€

The Sentinel story was picked up by the Wilton Record and ran in the Franklin County town’s newspaper on Oct. 6, 1886, under “Items of Interest.†Two days later, the same article appeared in The Industrial Journal, a weekly newspaper based in Bangor, that was “devoted to the manufacturing, commercial, agricultural, railway & Steamship, hotel & summer resort and fish and game interest of the northeast.â€

The 5-cent newspaper’s headline for the Friday, Oct. 8, 1886, story read, “A new kind of game.â€

The story spread. The St. Albans Daily Messenger of Vermont listed the story under “Odd Gleanings†in its Oct. 12, 1886, edition.

There is no mention of the events in the Bangor Whig and Courier, the Bangor Commercial, Piscataquis Observer, the Aroostook Times or Houlton Pioneer Times, according to a quick review of the newspapers that have survived on microfilm.

The Vermont newspaper started its story, “The wild man is coming to the front this fall.â€

“A Maine newspaper of repute says that one ten feet high was recently killed 100 miles north of Moosehead Lake. He had previously killed one of three hunters, and the other two got re-inforcements and slew the giant.â€

The 1886 story is one of many “Bigfoot†accounts in Maine, according to Michelle Souliere, a Portland blogger who writes the â€œStrange Maine†Web journal about mysteries, legends and cryptozoology in the state.

“In Maine especially, there is quite a lot,†she said Friday. “It’s a little scattered over the years, but there is actually a lot of wild man, Bigfoot folklore around.â€

The “Strange Maine†author is also working on a book with well-known cryptozoologist Loren Coleman, owner of the International Cryptozoology Museum in Portland, about Bigfoot in Maine. She said the 1886 “wild man†is already part of the book.

“Bigfoot†sightings in Maine date to the mid-1850s and include stories of an Indian “devil†the local natives called “Pomoola,†who reportedly lived around Mount Katahdin, Souliere said in one blog about “Bigfoot.â€

New England folklorist Peter Muise, based in Boston, said Bigfoot stories abound in the region but can be found all over the world under different names.

“Bigfoot came from California, and Sasquatch came from British Columbia, and they eventually merged,†he said. “Yeti came from Tibet, Nepal and the Himalayas.â€

Muise said he’s not sure he believes the tales, “but I do know it’s a good story.â€

The fact that newspapers of that era shared their stories always amazes Souliere.

“A lot of the stories I’ve found are from other states,†she said. “On slow news days, really hairy men were good press across the county.â€

Pauleena MacDougallMaine Folklife Center director, said a quick search of the University of Maine archives turned up three “primate†sightings in New Brunswick, two that were at least 10 feet tall.

A 10-year-old boy reported in May 1961 that he spotted an 11-foot man with 5½-foot arms and covered with hair. In the fall of 1986, a man driving along a rural highway said he came across a 10-foot hairy man who weighed about 1,000 pounds and had reddish-brown hair.

“The ape walked in an upright manner and was agile and quick,†he reported, and the folklife center archives show.

The 1886 story does not say what happened to the body of the “wild man,†it only says news of his existence was spreading like wildfire in Waterville, the Sentinel article states.

The abundance of stories involving a Bigfoot-type creature leads Souliere to believe in the mysterious. That is one reason she started her blog in 2005.

“I am never going to run out of material,†Souliere said. “There are all these strange little things tucked in the corners of the state. You never know what is lurking in the dense woods of Maine.â€