32 Reports Of Bigfoot Being Shot Dead.

georgerm

Where there's smoke there's fire.

What truths do you base your opinion upon?

We need a historian who can locate the source of these reports rather than opinions.

It always comes down to the opinions of those who have never seen one.  For them, it is easier to dismiss such reports.

For those who have stood face to face with them, the probability that they occasionally get shot and killed is no more remarkable than the thought that humans occasionally get shot and killed in the woods.

As for remains, the fear of prosecution for possibly having killed a type of human is real, in my opinion; the fear of a second one killing you or hunting you down if you try to collect the remains is real, in my opinion; the simple logistics of recovery is daunting, particularly if there's a possibility of imminent reprisal; and the possibility that someone from the government might come along and confiscate the remains also cannot be dismissed (I still cannot fathom that our government is unaware of them).

Beyond that, I am inclined to dismiss any given story about someone having a trophy bigfoot in their den somewhere, but wouldn't be overly surprised if one turned up someday in an estate sale.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, a stuffed BF would bring a pretty penny and we don't want this trend to start up.

It always comes down to the opinions of those who have never seen one.  For them, it is easier to dismiss such reports.

For those who have stood face to face with them, the probability that they occasionally get shot and killed is no more remarkable than the thought that humans occasionally get shot and killed in the woods.

As for remains, the fear of prosecution for possibly having killed a type of human is real, in my opinion; the fear of a second one killing you or hunting you down if you try to collect the remains is real, in my opinion; the simple logistics of recovery is daunting, particularly if there's a possibility of imminent reprisal;  yes, the fear factor is great.............

and the possibility that someone from the government might come along and confiscate the remains also cannot be dismissed (I still cannot fathom that our government is unaware of them).   Another cover-up.

Beyond that, I am inclined to dismiss any given story about someone having a trophy bigfoot in their den somewhere, but wouldn't be overly surprised if one turned up someday in an estate sale.

• 2 weeks later...

Most hunters don't have a plan for getting a 600 pound stinky bigfoot out of the woods, so they leave them there. When they return, it's gone.

Guest Darrell

Georgerm, most elk hunters have a plan to get a. 600 lb animal out of the woods, why would a bigfoot be different?

• 1 month later...

Georgerm, most elk hunters have a plan to get a. 600 lb animal out of the woods, why would a bigfoot be different?

Good point. How does one elk hunter get a 600 pound elk out of the woods? My son takes a back pack and hatchet to cut up his deer, but an elk would take many trips in and out of the area. I guess, the rule is don't hunt too far from the road.

The real question is would most elk hunters bother to cut up a bigfoot and pack it out?

What we learn from Smeja is don't leave a dead bigfoot in the woods. It's been reported that other bigfoots carry it off.

The bigfoots that have been shot over the last 100 years, were not taken to biologist so they could be classified. Why do you think this happened?

I think there are more reasons one should not expect it than that one should.  This is one of the things for which naive assumptions don't cut it.

1.  You have cut up and carried out many deer...but never something that looked like this.  It's suddenly butchering a man.

2.  You are just scared stiff; you don't know what this is; you thought it was a moose (that's how mistaken identity runs, skeptics!); you have a German surname and it's Canada, 1941...and if this is what it looks like, you could be reporting a murder you committed...even though you can't quite bring yourself to think that...  (The story of the 1941 Manitoba hunter.)

3.  You decide not to shoot, and you had no idea you'd react that way when the moment came.

Fill in others.  But that covers a lot.

Edited by DWA

No Bigfoot has ever been shot dead and, and you know this man.

What you're proposing is a fantasy that just doesn't exist.

Even your evidence says so. 

Beat your drums and get your jollies as you may, but in reality it takes less than five minutes to prove you're wrong.

That's less than a smoke break in Thailand.

You're not here to misrepresent facts.  You are here to finish Rugman.  Get in the basement and finish Rugman and let the big dogs hunt.

Anyone acquainted with reality knows that it has happened.  But of course that ain't all of us is it.  Some of us for example think Rugman is gonna prove something.

The others of us....we KNOW what Rugman is gonna prove. 

(Hint:  what Bill Munns already has.)

Go play, Squatchy.

I think there are more reasons one should not expect it than that one should.  This is one of the things for which naive assumptions don't cut it.

1.  You have cut up and carried out many deer...but never something that looked like this.  It's suddenly butchering a man.

2.  You are just scared stiff; you don't know what this is; you thought it was a moose (that's how mistaken identity runs, skeptics!); you have a German surname and it's Canada, 1941...and if this is what it looks like, you could be reporting a murder you committed...even though you can't quite bring yourself to think that...  (The story of the 1941 Manitoba hunter.)

3.  You decide not to shoot, and you had no idea you'd react that way when the moment came.

Fill in others.  But that covers a lot.

Those are some good points that cover a lot of the bases.  Some who shoot one by mistake are afraid it could be a man they just killed and therefore could be arrested for it.   There have been a number of reports of hunters having one in their sights but they were unable to pull the trigger because it looks too much like a man.  But I believe sasquatches have been shot and killed.  Some have claimed to have returned with a truck and help to remove the body and the body is Gone, which is one of the answers to why has no one found a body.   It is like what Georgerm said in his last reply, they seem to carry away their dead.  The best thing to do if you do shoot one is to cut off some body parts if you cannot haul the body away at that time.

Edited by jayjeti