Secrecy And The Myth Of Protection.

Guest Crowlogic

Guest Crowlogic

Don't forget Crow; the powers that be quite likely know so much more about them than the general public could imagine. The powers that be would gain nothing by educating the public about them.

There are no  powers that be.  That is construct that the faithful (for want of a better word) use to help shore up the lack of real proof.

I disagree. I believe that the same accredited entomologist would still need to bring compelling evidence to the table to get funding. Evidence that goes beyond anecdotes. That's how science works.  Evidence speaks for itself and requires no gravitas or reputation.

Evidence speaks the way the presenter wants it to speak.  Proof OTOH is truth and truth is a constant no matter what the viewer desires out of it.  Once again agreed we have lots of evidence for Bigfoot but no proof

Guest LarryP

I'm not worried about Hillbillies Larry..........

You know Norse, this just highlights your naivete' and your resulting tendency towards internet bravado.

It's obvious that you've never spent any amount of time in the deep south. Because I'm not talking about "Hillbillies. I'm talking about poor white trash operating meth labs deep in the back woods who've got ten times the firepower you'd be carrying at their disposal and who know the territory 100 times better than you ever will.

As a result you'll never even see it coming. You'll just be alive one second and dead the next and no one will ever know what happened to you. And just to make it even worse,  the local law enforcement is bought and paid for. So all that would happen is they'd form some bogus search party to go looking for you for a couple of weeks (at best) and then you'd just be another missing person.

These guys make any of the characters in "Breaking Bad" look like Cub Scouts.

I had a meth lab across the fence from me Larry.....the Kehoe brothers are from my home town. Hayden lake Idaho is just down the road. I've been shot at in the woods..... I went to the same high school as Kevin Harpham, the MLK parade bomber.

I'm not naive.

Edited by norseman

LarryP,

Could you ask the "poor white trash operating meth labs deep in the back woods who've got ten times the firepower" to shoot a bigfoot for us?  Or just take a really good video or picture?

Would getting proof of bigfoot be more lucrative then cooking meth?  If they are making lots of money cooking meth, are they still "poor white trash"? 

Guest Stan Norton

In my experience of those mysterious 'powers that be', they generally don't have time, staff or resources to be as omnipotent as many want to believe. I would suspect that, if 'they' do have knowledge  or suspicions regarding sasquatch they will be almost paralyzed by the sheer enormity of the task ahead and the resulting implications. It would be serious stuff.

Here in Blighty, I am currently trying to get the statutory nature conservation regulator to investigate whether the population of a particularly rare bat in my jurisdiction is worthy of protected area designation: I work in government and I have recent confirmed records of large maternity roasts of this bat, probably of at least national significance, and yet my attempts have been rebuffed. Off record conversations reveal that the issue is both political and financial: the current administration doesn't really dig bats and we have no money. Heads are firmly embedded in silicaceous materials.

Things don't run as the layman might expect, even when dealing with a confirmed species.

Edited by Stan Norton

Guest LarryP

LarryP,

Could you ask the "poor white trash operating meth labs deep in the back woods who've got ten times the firepower" to shoot a bigfoot for us?  Or just take a really good video or picture?

No I couldn't and I wouldn't.

Personally, for a lot of reasons, I've always found it wise to just pay them no nevermind.

But you should feel free to go locate them and ask them yourself. Best of luck with that.

Would getting proof of bigfoot be more lucrative then cooking meth?

No.

If they are making lots of money cooking meth, are they still "poor white trash"?

Yes.

For some people poor is a state of mind regardless of how much money they make. And white trash is still white trash regardless of how much money they might manage to accumulate.

Edited by LarryP

Yes.

For some people poor is a state of mind regardless of how much money they make.

Bingo on that.

I once heard that if you think you have enough money, you do.  Didn't understand it then.  Do now.

And if you think you don't have enough....it does't matter how much you have.

Guest LarryP

There are no  powers that be.  That is construct that the faithful (for want of a better word) use to help shore up the lack of real proof.

In other words, "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain".

If there are no powers that be, then who is in power?

The only way that's possible is a complete and total state of anarchy.

And if you think you don't have enough....it does't matter how much you have.

"Enough"

By Jack Bogle

http://www.amazon.com/Enough-True-Measures-Money-Business/dp/0470524235

Guest Crowlogic

In other words, "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain".

If there are no powers that be, then who is in power?

The only way that's possible is a complete and total state of anarchy.

"Enough"

By Jack Bogle

http://www.amazon.com/Enough-True-Measures-Money-Business/dp/0470524235

I meant in the Bigfoot issue.  There is no conspiracy hiding the truth, there is no scandal, there is no board of gray haired men deciding that the masses must never know so the forests can be mowed under.  People make up reasons for the lack of proof they create villains that are keeping secrets all in the desire to have something to cling to.

Guest Crowlogic

You know Norse, this just highlights your naivete' and your resulting tendency towards internet bravado.

These guys make any of the characters in "Breaking Bad" look like Cub Scouts.

Now we can't hunt Bigfoot because of bad guys in the woods.  Of course Bigfoot is safe........a meth chef would NEVER shoot one just for hoots and giggles.............  Yup the deep south is everything the the travel brochure says it is I guess.

So once again I have to keep my proof secret so the meth dudes don't get Bigfoot.  I mean Bigfoot is already in dangerous company.  A few sober scientists might just be the end.

Edited by Crowlogic

Guest LarryP

I meant in the Bigfoot issue. There is no conspiracy hiding the truth

It's not a conspiracy if it's right out in the open.

The term "conspiracy theory†no longer means an event explained by a conspiracy. Instead, it now means any explanation, or even a fact, that is out of step with the government’s explanation.

You made a claim that "there are no powers that be" and now you're backpeddling.

Now we can't hunt Bigfoot because of bad guys in the woods

Where did I say anyone can't hunt Bigfoot?

I was speaking to Norse about a very specific geographic area where I know BF frequent, as do some very bad guys who would not be the least bit happy about someone they didn't know carrying a gun and getting too close to their business operation.

It's really a very simple concept to understand.

So once again I have to keep my proof secret so the meth dudes don't get Bigfoot. I mean Bigfoot is already in dangerous company. 

The meth dudes have zero to do with why I won't disclose the location. And how many times do I have to make it clear that I'm not an evidence gatherer?

I could care less about providing "proof" to you or anyone else.

The term "conspiracy theory†no longer means an event explained by a conspiracy. Instead, it now means any explanation, or even a fact, that is out of step with the government’s explanation.

No it mostly means any elaborate theories involving sinister elites that are created by armchair "investigators" who base it on conjure, suspicion and isolated facts.

Bigfoot. You haven't seen him??

Larry is implying that the government conspiracy of hiding bigfoot is "out in the open."

Edited by Jerrymanderer

Guest Stan Norton

Larry is implying that the government conspiracy of hiding bigfoot is "out in the open."

I know. I was joking...

As I tried to point out earlier, I seriously doubt whether the authorities have the wherewithal to perpetuate a conspiracy to hide knowledge of sasquatch. I mean, judging by the number of people on this forum, they're doing a pretty poor job.