Secrecy And The Myth Of Protection.

Guest Crowlogic

Sasfooty, I realize you'll not see this posting unless someone quotes it, but why not simply put up some game cams to keep the creatures from intruding upon your property?

So much drama, and such simple steps to solve the issue.

Guest Stan Norton

Yeah, Stan.

You & your cohorts seem to have a real problem keeping your mystical codswallopers straight.

As far as I can remember, Larry & I have never exchanged a single collaboration or even a PM.

This is a perfect example of how useful that ignore feature could be to you. Just saying......

It can cause problems when people keep quoting people that you have on ignore, though. Larry's quote is an example of that.

Obviously you won't read this because you are busy swatting sasquatches away from your vegetable patch, but my issue is not actually with you personally but with the fact that, incredibly, the most visited threads here are all way out tin foil hat fringe ones like 'bigfoot and his dog', 'gifting' and 'the psychic sasquatch'. And meanwhile an actually interesting thread such as the NAWAC one closes after silliness about a broken tree. It's madness. Personally I would not indulge your particular brand of make believe were it not for the fact that, in a field plagued by pseudo science and downright hostility to science, these views need challenging head on and exposing for what they are. 

Skunks steal my cantaloupes and leave the rinds under a nearby bush. Teeth marks show it's something small and I've seen Mama skunk and her little skunklets in my garden around the melons. They also raid the compost heap for the rinds I leave behind there. I'm an habituator, though. I leave stale bread and crackers and cookies out for them. I can watch them dig through the compost heap all evening.

I want to trap the woodchuck that's eating my kale and turnips but I'm afraid I'll catch one of the skunks. Not ready to deal with getting sprayed. I prefer to eat tomatoes and not getting washed in them.

Guest LarryP

Hello JKH,

One or MORE???! What an incredibly nasty thing to say. I want a body, yes. I went out twice this spring looking for a carcass from perhaps a winter kill. I don't even own a gun. Yep, an ugly, UGLY thing to say about me.

So JKH accurately points out (as do you in reply) that you want "one or more killed" and you're then claiming that it's an "UGLY thing to say"?!

That does not compute.

Me either, but it's too bad that you can't find it & expose me for the fraud that you apparently are alleging that I am. You could be a hero....

Strange that with so many experts hanging out here, somebody hasn't already done it. A cow track should be an easy one.

And antfoot...

These cantaloups were almost the size of soccer balls & were almost completely ripe. I saw them & Hubby saw them. No skunk, raccoon, or even a coyote could carry one off & certainly couldn't sit there & eat all three without leaving a trace. The next day they were gone with nothing left except the impressions where they had sat on the ground. I'd have a hard time believing that a giant family of skunks did the deed, but if you can, go for it.

Me either, but it's too bad that you can't find it & expose me for the fraud that you apparently are alleging that I am. You could be a hero....

Strange that with so many experts hanging out here, somebody hasn't already done it. A cow track should be an easy one.

And antfoot...

These cantaloups were almost the size of soccer balls & were almost completely ripe. I saw them & Hubby saw them. No skunk, raccoon, or even a coyote could carry one off & certainly couldn't sit there & eat all three without leaving a trace. The next day they were gone with nothing left except the impressions where they had sat on the ground. I'd have a hard time believing that a giant family of skunks did the deed, but if you can, go for it.

Oh..... I don't need that photo to do that. Not that I am saying your a fraud. Usually they do better work. Confused maybe?

Hello LarryP,

It computes just fine. Like many others including Norseman and the NAWAC all efforts will halt if a dead one is found. They along with myself would prefer a dead one. But if a life one is killed first before a dead one is discovered then science will get it's type specimen for proof of existence.

If you and JKH want to play antagonism games by tossing in the "-OR MORE" lie then it's you're perogative. I expect it from those who are on the losing side of a discussion and have no recourse but to attempt flaming to regain a foothold. Sad really when trying to spread an untruth takes precedent over veracity.

Neither of you are looking too good right now.

So is it harder to expose the confused than the frauds? Seems that it should be easier.

Absolutely.

But I'am not exposing you Sas.......you have nothing to expose.

Guest LarryP

Hello LarryP,

It computes just fine. Like many others including Norseman and the NAWAC all efforts will halt if a dead one is found. They along with myself would prefer a dead one. But if a life one is killed first before a dead one is discovered then science will get it's type specimen for proof of existence.

Your sudden new found concern for the well being of BF regarding habituators who choose to gift or exchange gifts with them is directly juxtaposed by your self-professed desire to see one killed for the good of science.

Besides the incredibly obvious dichotomy exhibited by your stance, there are also numerous other hugely problematic logisitcal problems with killing a BF and the end goal of "science will get it's type specimen for proof of existence".

Your supposition that all that needs to happen is kill a BF and BINGO! BF's existence is proven, is naive at best and purposefully disingenous (in order to try to win an argument) at worst.   

Plus, it encourages anyone and everyone who thinks they have the wherewithall to kill a BF to get out there and start hunting.

So again, you'll have to forgive me if I'm not buying your supposed concern for BF who eat some apples left outside by a habituator.

Plus, it encourages anyone and everyone who thinks they have the wherewithall to kill a BF to get out there and start hunting.

One can only hope.......despite scary hell billy stories from you.

Hello LarryP,

I read your post. Then I reread it twice more. None of it makes any sense. You have apparently dropped the "or more" thing though ;)

Edited by hiflier

But I'am not exposing you Sas.......you have nothing to expose.

Congratulations! You got something right.

• Upvote 1

Guest LarryP

Hello LarryP,

I read your post. Then I reread it twice more. None of it makes any sense. You have apparently dropped the "or more" thing though ;)

Specifically what doesn't make sense?

Speciousness does not make an argument.

So you'll have to do a lot better than that or your orignal claims go out the window with your kill BF and we will have guaranteed proof of existence canard.