Bigfoot Beheads People?

I've always figured they did, every single thing a bigfoot does in peoples stories on their programs they always talk about how that person was in immediate danger be it a bluff charge or stalking, heck one time a guy was talking about leaving food out for bigfoot and they mentioned that the bigfoot would probably ignore the food left out and instead look at the person leaving it as food. If one of these things was out to kill you why would it behave like this? It is totally ridiculous...They said it all, and it is a garbage thing to say. Just a few programs ago one of the hosts was mentioning his fascinating encounter as a boy out hunting with his small caliber rifle, running right up on a massive bigfoot which started staring him down He fired a shot into the air hoping it would leave but another came up and started staring him down. He then said that if he didn't have that wee little rifle they may well have killed him. He said it, not me, and it is one of the most preposterous things I have ever head in my life. It wouldn't be such a big deal to me if they weren't as popular as they are, the problem being that talk like that preconditions the majority of people to believe these things are violent, and if I know anything about most people it is that they EAT THAT FEAR STUFF UP, they will jump on that pitchforks, torches, and monsters wagon so quick if will make our head spin and will want these creatures gone.

I don't think that you need to worry about people grabbing their pitchforks,torches, and monster wagons

Sadly, plus stupidly, I thought that BF were like that, and the Dogmen were the dangerous species:(

I am able to understand that there are some animals that are just born differently and are more aggressive than their brethren.

Welcome back SSQ! I cannot think of any state in the continental United States that some type or sort of creature beast hasn’t been reported, but I am no authority on that you understand. It seems as though some states report more than others and I do not know if anyone can point to any single cause for that. Some states with greater populations would naturally see and report more than a relatively sparsely populated state I would suppose. I do believe they procreate and reproduce based on a number of reports describing them in all shapes, colors and sizes and I think there are more of them we could imagine.  I say this because I look at the number of reports specifically encountering or observing  multiple animals in a single event.

I now have a married son:) They are so cute, and so much in love. I am thrilled to have a new daughter. My son knows that I believe in BF, and that I believe they can be dangerous, yet he refuses to even consider that the BF could be a real species:(

So they are happily going hiking and camping. Hopefully they will be fine. Most people do go hiking and camping w/o any issues, and hopefully they should be safe.

Edited by SweetSusiq

SweetSusiq, agreed, Sasquatch can indeed be dangerous, but I think that the idea of them

beheading individuals is more sensationalism than actual truth. Breaking the neck would be

more than sufficient, as is seen in most cases they are thought to kill prey. I would concur

that they have the strength to do such a thing, but I highly doubt they would actually care

to do it. In the missing person cases I do not recall any beheaded skeletons identified as

such, maybe I am wrong, I do remember some dismembered remains, but that is thought to be the

work of the scavengers that clean up the mess. This thread certainly has merit in discussing

the notion of how dangerous are they, but I am kind of tired of these creatures being portrayed

in a B film fashion, though they might deserve that description in some instances.

Lake, I totally understand where you are coming from. I felt the exact same way until I listened to the Podcast recorded and named in the very *first* posting of this topic.

I thought that BF were gentle giants, and after listening to Tim's experiences in his podcast I kinda' freaked out and asked for answers here at the one place where you guys know what you are talking about regarding this species.

I've learned a lot from the comments, and now realize that as with all types of people and creatures there are some peaceful types, and then the others who are more aggressive and may take a human for prey as dinner or just for a kill.

I am very thankful for everyone's comments because I have learned a lot, and made some new friends to boot:)

Edited by SweetSusiq

Yah I heard that "account" told by Coonbo, and I would caution that he

heard it third hand, so I am not all that confident that the story is

actual truth, but it could be. To be certain, I agree that at some point

somewhere it has probably happened, but maybe by mistake, you know just

a little overzealous of a neck break. All the same I think the creatures

do not generally attack humans, it is more of an exception than the rule.

Tim talked about how the BF in his area were after his dogs, and were just causing trouble for him, so after listening to the entire podcast, I was rather shocked and dismayed about a lot more than just  the stories regarding the beheading's Tim talked about.

That is why I started this topic: To Get to the Truth, and the Real Story.

Well, It's worked, I now know a lot more about the BF species than I knew before I heard Tim's podcast.

Merry Christmas to you from me.

It is a very successful subject, and I too have emphasized that

you cannot treat these creatures as other than a very intelligent

ape, but they could be even more intelligent, we simply do not know.

Even the most intelligent apes have attacked humans under the right

conditions, but it is certainly not the norm, bluff charges, roars,

throwing objects, thrashing trees about, all this is the norm.

Yah I heard that "account" told by Coonbo, and I would caution that he

heard it third hand, so I am not all that confident that the story is

actual truth, but it could be. To be certain, I agree that at some point

somewhere it has probably happened, but maybe by mistake, you know just

a little overzealous of a neck break. All the same I think the creatures

do not generally attack humans, it is more of an exception than the rule.

One thing for certain Lake, Dead Men don’t tell tales either! J

I really do not know whether the whole heads are being removed, or

just the brain portion with its associated faculties.

A 17 year-old hunter disappears near Tygh Valley, Washington on November 3, 1991 during a hunting trip. The Sheriff’s Department mobilized a search that included professional SAR (Search and Rescue) teams.  His personal effects and rifle were found about ten miles away from where he disappeared in close proximity to bone fragments and a single tooth. No large bones or skull was ever found.

“The official search was terminated on December 1, but many volunteers kept the effort going for many weeks. There wasn’t much activity on Corey’s case until September 1992, when two hunters were hunting a ridge ten miles from the point where Corey was last seen. “Missing 411, Western United States and Canada, David Paulides, pp33-34

“They found his backpack and his rifle. Another searcher found Corey’s jacket more than a mile away from his other belongings. “   Missing 411, Western United States and Canada, David Paulides, pp33-34

“Corey’s items were located at an elevation of 6,500 feet and ten miles from where he was last seen.  A quarter mile from his backpack, searchers found small bone fragments and one tooth. The sheriff stated that Corey would have been in snow up to his waist for more than five miles at the point the discovery was made.†  Missing 411, Western United States and Canada, David Paulides, pp33-34

I would say travelling up a mountain in higher elevation without clothes or boots in waist deep snow would be a little impossible for somebody. Fragmented bones without a skull found by hunters in this case is similar to other discoveries as pointed out by Paulides, raises some serious red flags.  If the head was not detached from the victim at some point, I would think it would also be in close proximity of bones but in none of these cases mentioned above has a skull ever been found.

Edited by Gumshoeye

Show me proof it was bigfoot.   Eh, show me EVIDENCE it was bigfoot ... I mean, of course, something other than your personal presumption.  

It says BONE FRAGMENTS.   It does not say whether there was even a substantial amount of the rest of the skeleton present.  What do you base your assumption that it was merely the skull missing on?   And if you are not asserting that, what relevance does it have to this discussion other than sensationalism?

MIB

Show me proof it was bigfoot.   Eh, show me EVIDENCE it was bigfoot ... I mean, of course, something other than your personal presumption.  

It says BONE FRAGMENTS.   It does not say whether there was even a substantial amount of the rest of the skeleton present.  What do you base your assumption that it was merely the skull missing on?   And if you are not asserting that, what relevance does it have to this discussion other than sensationalism?

MIB

Are you okay? Where is all the hostility coming from? Did I touch a sore button? Who mentioned Bigfoot? Where did you extrapolate that from? Show you evidence Huh? Really? … Who are you? Do your own fact finding and post it here, I'll be waiting to critique it. In the meantime I’m having a discussion. Get a life you are boring me.

Are you okay? Where is all the hostility coming from? Did I touch a sore button? 
Who mentioned Bigfoot? Where did you extrapolate that from? Show you evidence Huh? 
Really? … Who are you? Do your own fact finding and post it here, I'll be waiting 
to critique it. In the meantime I’m having a discussion. Get a life you are boring 
me. 

No hostility.   Have you forgotten that this is a bigfoot forum and you are posting in a thread called "bigfoot beheads people" ??   If you are not asserting bigfoot, what are you asserting, and why are you making off-topic assertions in this thread?  

If you want a PRIVATE discussion, that's what we have the PM system for.  If you're posting publicly, expect public participation.   It's a forum.  That's the way it works.

Edited by MIB
  • Upvote 2

Are you okay? Where is all the hostility coming from? Did I touch a sore button? 
Who mentioned Bigfoot? Where did you extrapolate that from? Show you evidence Huh? 
Really? … Who are you? Do your own fact finding and post it here, I'll be waiting 
to critique it. In the meantime I’m having a discussion. Get a life you are boring 
me. 

No hostility.   Have you forgotten that this is a bigfoot forum and you are posting in a thread called "bigfoot beheads people" ??   If you are not asserting bigfoot, what are you asserting, and why are you making off-topic assertions in this thread?  

If you want a PRIVATE discussion, that's what we have the PM system for.  If you're posting publicly, expect public participation.   It's a forum.  That's the way it works.

Likewise my friend, if you like don’t like the message don’t read but I will continue to post.  Go blow your breath on something else. That is how it works here ... As you were.  

Nice diversion attempt but epic fail. 

Back on topic:

The fact is there is no verifiable evidence of BF beheading anyone.   In those cases where death can be shown, there is no evidence of beheading.   When the head is missing, so are substantial other parts.   And there is no evidence it is anything more than scavenging, only assertion and assumption.   It's all wishful thinking by someone looking for drama and trying to create it if they can't find it.

MIB

BFF Patron

Actually I can think of nothing a sentient BF could do to get more attention on itself than ripping the head off a human that other humans find before predators get to it. No animal in nature does that to kill. Big cats will grab prey in the back of the neck but just break or sever the spinal cord leaving the head on the body.

Reports of deer kills in progress mention BF breaking deer necks but not removing the head. I think it unlikely that BF would do anything different with humans. Certainly freshly beheaded humans would make the news and we would know about them.

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT
  • Upvote 1

• masterbarber unpinned this topic