Bigfoot, Fire, Weapons, Tools And Other Oddities

Dismissing them all or the content can be just as intellectually damaging as believing them all. The truth is most likely somewhere in between, hence this discussion.

The problem that I have myself with the reports or news articles written long ago is the context. Was the term ' wild man ' used for anyone living off the land and alone or to describe a bf-type animal. If you lived during those times, what would that term mean to you?

A wildman covered in hair head to toe and living off the land without a rifle would fit the bigfoot description to me. If the article was describing an ordinary man, I doubt it would refer to the subject as a creature with long hair or remark that trained dogs wouldn't hunt the vagrant down.

Plus how would a human have hair all over its body? I know a medical condition that causes it. But is there any truth to a human growing hair all over after being exposed to the elements for an extended period of time ? Ive seen people post that theory, but have never read actual proof that its possible.

UPS, I see your point. I also noticed the same references used inter-changeably but there is a distinction and Southernyahoo covered some of it, some of the “Wildmen of Wildman† were described with very modern day Bigfoot characteristics. I have even seen a “Wildwoman†term in one old newspaper article.

For me the distinction beyond what was already discussed is found buried somewhere in the article if describes abnormal strength. The description could be “Wildman†of normal height, covered in hair and growls and carried a horse away. I know the writer is not describing a feral man.

In one or two of these articles that I placed on this thread, it told of the “Wildman†speaking …. Yes I said speaking. In one of those articles four men describe a large nine foot black hair covered ape-like man asking them how far some town is… The men claim they were shocked by the onset of the encounter but that it was compounded by the speech. Nothing the men described was a feral man.

In another, I am thinking it was referred to as a beast, not man, not Wildman just a beast. Again, the description was what we envision Bigfoot to be. That instance the witnesses say the thing was wearing some part of ragged clothing, and asked the frightened something about the queen.  

Personally, I sometimes struggle with accounts published in newspapers, with no referral cited or identified witnesses. While I generally accept that the press is reporting some sort of an actual incident, the details of that incident are sometimes wildly or mildy enhanced, tweaked or otherwise fiddled with. If they are not quoting anyone then they usually don't get blowback from the people in the story.

If the report has people identified by name and their words in direct quotations, then I give the report a stronger baseline evaluation. If not, I like to get further background, which is much less difficult to do these days with the internet and all the research tools we have.

It wouldn't have been that easy to "backfill" the story back in earlier times, and these older events, well, I wonder.

It is nuanced difference, bear with me here.

I have personally have been involved in a situation or two that warranted coverage by the esteemed print press in our area. I have gone to great lengths to provide, in writing, a clear and concise accounting of the situation so that the reporter could essentially take it word for word and print it. I frequently encouraged them to do so.

The goal was twofold; to get the facts straight and get the pertinent information out to the people who needed it and had a right to it, without anything getting lost in the translation.

When reading the account of the event the next day it was difficult to determine if we had been at the same place. When I spoke to him later he told me his editor had "changed a few small things to make the story worthy of the second page"

That ended my cooperation beyond the minimum requirements needed to meet my responsibilities, and changed the way I read a newspaper.  Seeing all of these fascinating accounts being shared with us to feed our interest in the subject is wonderful and I am thankful for it, but I always have that nagging thing going in the back of my head, wondering if anything has been "changed to make the story worthy of the second page", and if so, what? So the circle of research begins anew, LOL.

Just the cynic in me I suppose.

Northfolk, your comments about newspaper reports are telling and would imagine some papers are better than others. It all depends on who's in charge. If the editor or manager allows story streaching, then it comes back to bite them later. It's hard to tell what ancient papers had integrity and which ones didn't.

As far as wild men go we might have one type of bigoot that looks like Patty and another kind that appears more caveman like. Both are covered from head to toe with hair.

Nice research Gumshoeye.................can I call you Gum?  Your story below shows that Bigfoot has been brought in before and will be brought in again.

Kobuk River, Alaska

Jean Joiner of Nome, while at his mine near Dall Creek on Jade Mountain often found large man-like tracks. One day he finally faced the creature and shot an “upright walking bear†in the back, killing it. Joiner found the thing looked so human he didn’t know what it was, afraid, he cut it up and threw it in the stream.

Source: BC Archives, John Green, Bob Betts April 29, 1973

Residence, Multiple Animals 3 Bigfoot Speech

February 1971

Alpine, California

A family lived at the end of a desolate road reported seeing bizarre hairy creatures of different heights prowling the area at night. These were accompanied by a strong pungent odor resembling rotten garbage. One of the creatures was about 7-feet tall, the other 5 feet and another one about 3 or 4 feet tall. In one reported incident the hairy creatures seemed to mimic human speech, their voice sounding very guttural, the main witness, a Dr. Baddour insisted in calling the creatures “Zoobies†speculating they interdimensional in nature. 

Source: Matt Moneymaker

Hello George, you can call me anything but profanities my friend .... Lol

It's hard to tell what ancient papers had integrity and which ones didn't.

I would suggest it is the same as today's papers.

Yeah, papers fall into various ethical categories. Do you think papers today are less likely to print bigfoot stories? Seems like the news makes a mockery of the subject more so than in the past.

It would be interesting to know if bigfoot can bring down deer with its rock throwing ability?

Yeah, papers fall into various ethical categories. Do you think papers today are less likely to print bigfoot stories? Seems like the news makes a mockery of the subject more so than in the past.

It would be interesting to know if bigfoot can bring down deer with its rock throwing ability?

Rock throwing with precision? Good question George, come to think of it I have never read anything about that but it would be interesting if somebody were to witness such a feat.  

I would say yes ... because ... I have done it myself.   Twice I have flattened deer with thrown objects, once with a green walnut still in the husk, once with a piece of concrete about the size of a standard baseball.    Both were shots to the head right behind the ear.  Both involved a lot of luck but they absolutely happened. 

The "backstory" is this: we lived way out in the boonies.  My great grandfather lived next to us, 200 yards or less apart.   His dog sort of adopted me.  I was probably 10-12.  The dog (cocker spaniel) had already been caught by one old doe when he was going from one house to the other and stomped so hard she broke his back.   So when I saw that deer closing in on the dog I was not messing around, if I'd had the '06 handy I'd have shot it dead.  Instead I picked up what was handy and let fly as hard as I could.

For context, I threw pretty well, maybe 95th percentile, but decidedly short of pro or even good college pitchers.   Numerically speaking, then, there are a large number, even if small percentage, of people who could do what I did, and I think it is reasonable to believe a BF could do far more if only because they can throw an even bigger rock.

MIB

Edited by MIB

Thanks MIB that was a good post! You must have a good tossing arm! Those green husks can place some weight on the stinky nut. Early pioneers used the dark stain for dye way back when. I know if you don’t wear rubber gloves when cleaning the husk it can get pretty messy. I was just reading a few reports of extraordinary strength when it comes throwing objects by Bigfoot. In one such a witness claims it grabbed a spare tire and flung 500 feet at a group gathering and the group responded with gunfire of all shapes types and models. It said whether or not the tire was fully inflated or if it was a full size car tire or truck, just a spare tire. The second was another witness who reported a one hundred pound rock was thrown at him from a good distance ….  By the way, I am impressed that were you college level ball player too!

Sorry, should have been clearer.  I did not play.  That's just a gauge of where my arm was.  

I've only had one throwing "incident" with the big guys.   It was so clearly not AT me that it appeared to be a demonstration of presence without any intent to intimidate.   I'm still pondering the implications.

Sorry, should have been clearer.  I did not play.  That's just a gauge of where my arm was.  

I've only had one throwing "incident" with the big guys.   It was so clearly not AT me that it appeared to be a demonstration of presence without any intent to intimidate.   I'm still pondering the implications.

I understand and thanks for clarifying MIB.