Bigfoot, Fire, Weapons, Tools And Other Oddities

Thanks for putting up the link, Gumshoeye. I'm at work and didn't get to read it until now. Good find. That is certainly curious.

• The official spokesperson "...declined to say what sort of animal might be behind the attack..."
  • Hair gathered at the scene for DNA analysis.
  • History of feral dog attacks on the reservation

Why the FBI and not BIA Police or OJS agents? I don't know enough about how those juristictional details work to say one way or the other, but it seems odd to me. The other thing that strikes me as strange is the unwillingness to at least speculate on what sort of animal is responsible. One would expect some tell-tale signs if it was something common like a canid or bear attack. Enough, at least, to give the public some idea of what to be wary of, no?

The article does state that, “This is to notify the public to use caution and be alert for any observations of predator wildlife, or any groups or individual feral domestic animals in the general area.† That sounds to me like they suspect (or are suggesting in an off-hand way) a repeat of the aforementioned feral dog attack(s).

Edited by Bonehead74

No problem BH74, It is strange. Canid and bear attacks both are commonly spelled and identified quickly and quite candidly by media and they have never been so coy about causes unless there is something…. media and public should just forget about. In that case the story just fades away until it’s forgotten. Later, if questions persist we may see a real blurb something like …. Cause feral dogs or bear attack…. My guess anyways.

Something similar occurred in Michigan last summer where a semi-pro football player claimed something was chasing him. He was fishing, when he made a frantic call to his wife, leaving behind his equipment and property. His body was eventually found underneath some debris near some water. It was learned he did suffer from depression but was under treatment and that was reported, however, it doesn’t explain how his came to be underneath a brush pile either. A year or two before that in the same state two deer hunters were found dead inside a tent …. Or near their tent and the report on that was as bizarre and nonsensical as it gets.  

Gumshoeye. The first comment under that news report could give some insight into the FBI and the reason maybe all the facts are not being told at this time. The poster eludes that if the attack was a wolf then it would be the 1st death by a wolf in over a hundred years in the lower 48 states. There is a very heated debate in the west right now about the reintroduction of the wolf. The current arguments are from hunters over reduction in game and ranchers about the loss of stock animals. The death of a person by a wolf would really cause a major stir in that debate.

Wolf attack. That would certainly open a big messy can of worms. And explain the federal involvement. This will be really interesting to watch play out.

I will be interested in the DNA results too!  I read that 1st comment, David NC,...and several others thereafter....most apparently think coy-dogs probably are the culprits.....which, as been mentioned before, isn't the type of event one would expect the FBI to be involved with...or coyote, or wolf, or bear, etc.....unless the woman was ,...say,...also shot or kidnapped. (being a smart-alec here!) There's bound to be more details that might explain WHY the FBI is involved

Interesting find, Gumshoeye!

Speaking of the news report I personally have no idea what if any connection this has with Bigfoot other than it being strangely shrouded in Technicalese typically preserved for saying nothing at all. It is frequently employed to confuse the issue with a lot of garbage with meaningless little or nothing, making ever more curious.

Good point, David NC. The reintroduction and repopulation of wolves in the lower 48 has been accompanied by the insistence of many, including those in government, that they are not a threat to humans. The FBI's involvement is still puzzling, though.

Gumshoeye, if I remember correctly, the ball player you mention called his wife on his cellphone and told her that he was being followed by two men and that he was getting undressed. Very strange.

Edited by Bonehead74

Gumshoeye, if I remember correctly, the ball player you mention called his wife on his cellphone and told her that he was being followed by two men and that he was getting undressed. Very strange.

Sounds like material for the Bravo network.

Yeah, I read that too. Now I’m going to tell you fellas, if I’m being followed by two men I am not going to drop my drawers for nobody …. Lol  You hear me? Lol ... Homey doesn't play that way. I don’t see or hear any upsurges in rampant reports of nakedness out there do you?

When you step back and consider everything going on now and within the past few years you have to know how stupid and naïve media thinks people are.   

Edited by Gumshoeye

I actually took it as seeming more sinister. His wife said he sounded strange. I don't think that whatever happened there was consensual.

Edited by Bonehead74

Hello KSU4, you say wolf …. Is that what they are reporting the official cause to be or is that a guess on your part? I haven't heard anything otherwise so I don't know. I know that federal agencies do not normally respond to barking dogs, dog bites or animal complaints - not yet at least. I do understand the incident allegedly occurred on a Native American Reservation which would explain federal jurisdiction of BLM or maybe National Parks Service, but a criminal investigative agency raises a curious brow ....

Edited by Gumshoeye