2015 The State Of Sasquatch Science

Lake County Bigfooot

Would that you'd see such in any U.S.N.F.  Truth in advertising would require something more like: "This section of forest was cut out of existence courtesy of the U.S. Taxpayer, who not only didn't get the benefit of the ridiculously low price paid by the timber cutters, but who is now privileged to bear the externalized costs of this ecological travesty. If you feel like navigating a wasteland of erosion gullies, popple, logging slash and tree stumps...foot travel welcome.

Actually, in the Monongahela NF, you can find some good ones.  (Where that photo was from.)

If a project could be sustained by having self-supplied volunteers, perhaps working a week or two at a time, as is the case

with NAWAC area X deal, well maybe a field research effort could be made in that fashion. Problems arise as to how that would

work, and how you could bring people up to speed quickly, move them in and out, and how to re-fit the team with each deployment.

One thing it would solve is needing to be supplied, each new wave would bring in their own supplies and equipment. Well it is

hard enough to coordinate an outing much less a sustained effort, but it could be possible. Fact is that 20 something's generally

do not have the money for the gear, and retirees are questionable for endurance and safety reasons, though many would do just

fine. I leave it up to someone of greater organizational ability to figure it out, but it could still be a reasonable goal. I like

the idea of using the ridges as spotting stations, that seems pretty practical. The Falcon Project may have been a bit too ambitious and that made it more prone to fall short of it's objectives, or for that matter to win over the funding.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Some stuff does get done right.  That would be "some."  Really gotta give the USFS some credit.  Back when we were commando trekking in the North Sods, dodging seismic testing, choppers and other assorted You Should Not Be Here, one thing I was sure of:  that would never become public land.  It's now Wilderness.

BFF Patron

Roads, Roads, I don't need no stinking roads! Just finished my carrier rack. Those are 22 inch ATV tires to give you an idea of how big this is.

post-23549-0-57062200-1433259647_thumb.j

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT
  • Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Not exactly mini. Bigger than most dirt bikes.

I hear you, but nope. Anything with a centrifugal clutch, one gear and butterfly handlebars will ALWAYS be a mini bike to me. Loved my Bronco TX II back in the day. Well, as long as the chain didn't skip the drive sprocket when I was miles from home. Which it did. A lot.

So the last two nights I sat out on the back patio trying to discern if anything is using the backyard marsh, last night I had a very strong feeling of something nearby, but all I got from my interaction of certain whistles was some small braches being broken and some movement. Have you ever got the strong sensation that these creatures are present even when you have no logical basis? My instinctual senses were off the charts, but I had just listened to some interesting testimony on the subject so I was a bit keyed up....It is a complicated web we weave...if you know my testimony from the Urban Bigfoot thread then you know why I would think such things...

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

LCB,

You might try the clothesline approach?  Put the clothespins spaced equally on the line and then watch over several nights to see if something rearranges them?

BFF Patron

I hear you, but nope. Anything with a centrifugal clutch, one gear and butterfly handlebars will ALWAYS be a mini bike to me. Loved my Bronco TX II back in the day. Well, as long as the chain didn't skip the drive sprocket when I was miles from home. Which it did. A lot.

Well this has a torque converter so not exactly one gear.     I was worried about reliability for the same reason and added a chain tensioner when I had chain loosening issues at first.    If it has one weakness it is braking power.     Has a go cart brake system but I want to go to something better for coming down hills.   I may go to some kind of hydraulic brake system.    Those big low pressure tires stay put on gravel and rock so no side chatter like a dirt bike has on loose material.      Supposedly works pretty well on shallow snow too.    But you can be sure I will never go in further than I can walk out the same day.  

Very nice set-up. Great lightweight transportation, although it is not lost on you I'm sure that you'll not be sneaking up on anything with that rig! We probably have an overestimation of how stealthy we are on foot though, so you're likely not giving up too much. 

This thread is created to discuss the future of Sasquatch research.  Since the 1950s and before,  this

subject has been broached by all types and manner of thinkers, some of which still walk among us.  It is a very well

beaten horse we ride, and I think that we have done little to further our knowledge of this creature since those early

days. 

While technology and it's availability are on the side of this research, the average researcher has found little

actual increase in the amount of physical evidence obtainable.  One might argue that Rene Da hinden and Bob

Titmus were able to procure more physical evidence in their watch than all the modern researchers combined.

Simple tracking skills and horses were their tools, and they in my opinion did well with what was available to them

Patterson captured the most convincing photographic evidence using a camera that would be truly considered an

antique in the hands of the modern researcher, and yet that film has stood the test of time.  So the question I have

here is what are we, the "MODERN RESEARCHERS", going to do with the tools we have today in order to actually

further the science of this creature.  Or is even using the term Science at this point an oxymoron when it comes to

what we term research.

IMO, one thing that while likely standing in front of everyone but completely hidden in plain sight is that "science" (of late) has revealed something that is too disturbing to contemplate further examination.

An example (IMO) is the Smeja incident.

IIRC, When the results of the initial lab's examination were conveyed (to him) a second "sample" was quickly sent to another lab where the results were pronounced as "bear".

To the best of my knowledge and belief, there has been no documentation forthcoming of the origin and chain of custody for the second sample. In other words, what evidence is in existence the two (samples) are from the same original source?

Wasn't there a movie line, "you can't handle the truth"?

Plausible Deniability?

IMO, this type of situation/results has likely been replicated by others as well and the decision to stop, right there was made.

Does the gov't know? The real scary thought would be that they don't.

All things, in due time.

Meanwhile, we keep ourselves amused.

Guest OntarioSquatch

Obtaining a specimen will be a major step forward in understanding these animals because right now there's a serious mismatch between Sasquatch hairs, the DNA from those hairs and Sasquatch themselves. The evidence is now suggestive that they're not natural, but only a body can really prove it because without a body, people will continue to assume that the results are due to contamination. There's a lot more to learn about Sasquatch than most people think.

BFF Patron

Very nice set-up. Great lightweight transportation, although it is not lost on you I'm sure that you'll not be sneaking up on anything with that rig! We probably have an overestimation of how stealthy we are on foot though, so you're likely not giving up too much. 

Not sneaking up on anything but getting in on closed logging roads that can only be reached on foot or bike.    I had thought about making it a hybrid vehicle.    Electric drive and just recharge the battery with the motor.   But you pick up weight with battery, electric motor, and generator.    Electrics are not totally silent either.    This just opens up more territory to me than I can hike in during one day.     Take this in on my pickup,  unload,   get around closed off logging road barriers, and ride in to interesting area.   Once there can start hiking around the area before riding out.     Even roads that are open get overgrown with vegetation during the summer when they are little used.    I figure it more than doubles the area I can get into for a day hike.