Campsite Destroyed

Okay.... so what do we have in here this week?

Well Gum seems to be having great difficulty in controlling his space bar....

CR is still fighting the SC/BG corner hard. It's surely just a matter of time before those pesky MIBs come a knocking....

Looks like Diana SB still sees dead people. Rumours that she is to replace Jennifer Love Hewitt in the Ghost Whisperer are being heavily denied by her agent....

WAG isn't shouting CLOWN SHOW nearly enough as one would like....

@Hello Mark, there is no lack of control with space bar more like my inability to pull back and close the thread once it opens.  I don’t know why but I like your dry humor and your posted comments rarely reveal anything but skepticism not only for this thread but Bigfoot in general. So if the space bar issue is the only critical complaint from you I suppose that’s okay.  

@Rock, we’ll just agree to disagree and be gentlemen about it.

@Bohdi, lest we forget it was you, not me, which first implied the Bob Garrett torn up tent affair was an insurance fraud. That was different. I have to admit it was an angle never before offered here on this thread that I’m aware of. That in and of itself is not a problem since there is lots of theories and ideas tossed around but then again nobody I’m aware of would have made that correlation or leaped to such a conclusion as quickly without some jaundiced eye for insurance fraud as you.  

A lot of energy and time was spent on the Sasquatch Chronicle radio platform and predicate downside of charging a fee for programming. I never fell for that, and I never bought into that but it seems as though some did. Nevertheless in my view it boils down to simple supply and demand marketing in spite of its extraordinary claims. Surely you would know that. If people want it or need it, somebody will always be there to provide it for a fee.

In my own way of conceding the point that Sasquatch Chronicle radio platform does seem to tend lean toward the dramatic side of things to garner interest, the parallel link that I made is that people in the insurance industry such as you have mastered the skill of excuses and that is to be expected.

There is an individual, a troll on block that pops up just long enough to hurl a comment and stir up trouble like he usually does so we will continue ignore him as inconsequential.   

For easy comprehension, Bodhi, read it slow & let it soak into all corners.

I'm impressed ... The Four Corners rule, “if that language is not found within the four corners of the page nothing else is to be considered,†very good Diana!

@Hello Mark, there is no lack of control with space bar more like my inability to pull back and close the thread once it opens.  I don’t know why but I like your dry humor and your posted comments rarely reveal anything but skepticism not only for this thread but Bigfoot in general. So if the space bar issue is the only critical complaint from you I suppose that’s okay.  

@Bohdi, lest we forget it was you, not me, which first implied the Bob Garrett torn up tent affair was an insurance fraud. That was different. I have to admit it was an angle never before offered here on this thread that I’m aware of. That in and of itself is not a problem since there is lots of theories and ideas tossed around but then again nobody I’m aware of would have made that correlation or leaped to such a conclusion as quickly without some jaundiced eye for insurance fraud as you.  

A lot of energy and time was spent on the Sasquatch Chronicle radio platform and predicate downside of charging a fee for programming. I never fell for that, and I never bought into that but it seems as though some did. Nevertheless in my view it boils down to simple supply and demand marketing in spite of its extraordinary claims. Surely you would know that. If people want it or need it, somebody will always be there to provide it for a fee.

In my own way of conceding the point that Sasquatch Chronicle radio platform does seem to tend lean toward the dramatic side of things to garner interest, the parallel link that I made is that people in the insurance industry such as you have mastered the skill of excuses and that is to be expected.

There is an individual, a troll on block that pops up just long enough to hurl a comment and stir up trouble like he usually does so we will continue ignore him as inconsequential.   

I had to go back through this thread looking for where I had inferred, implied or stated that I thought this was insurance fraud. I could find nothing. I did see a mention that I work in the field as an aside. I was establishing my familiarity with people staging fires, accidents, thefts, etc. My comment was that the campsite was not something too extravegant to stage as had been suggested by another poster. If that is where you got insurance fraud please let me know and then please understand that you completely missed the point.

Guest Divergent1

My guess is he intentionally misunderstood your point to discredit your statements in the " court of public opinion".

Guest ChasingRabbits

Okay.... so what do we have in here this week?

Well Gum seems to be having great difficulty in controlling his space bar....

CR is still fighting the SC/BG corner hard. It's surely just a matter of time before those pesky MIBs come a knocking....

Looks like Diana SB still sees dead people. Rumours that she is to replace Jennifer Love Hewitt in the Ghost Whisperer are being heavily denied by her agent....

WAG isn't shouting CLOWN SHOW nearly enough as one would like....

If thinking about possible explanations is "fighting the SC/BG corner hard", no wonder debunking is confused with true Skepticism.

That we'll have to do. I apologize if I was too hard on BG, but that's just the way I feel about it.

I don't really understand why much time and energy has been spent on this story when there are much more compelling, strange and verifiably true stories out there about people missing in the woods.

Edit : Forgot, I apologize for being too hard on you or anyone else here about this also.

Edited by Rockape
  • Upvote 1

I think we can all agree its been long road and we should all remain friends even in disagreement. Apologies accepted Rock, sometimes we have to give an inch to take a mile. May I also take this moment to extend my apologies to all past and present and future and say there are no winners or losers in debate and this topic proves it!  :-) 

Hey, none of us would be here if we didn't have a passion for BF, so anytime you deal with something folks are passionate about, emotions can get out of hand. No harm, no foul, I say. It's all good. I'm sure it's not the last time we'll disagree, and maybe next time we'll handle it better after this experience.

If thinking about possible explanations is "fighting the SC/BG corner hard", no wonder debunking is confused with true Skepticism.

It's not quite 'thinking about possible explanations' though is it CR?

Each one of your many posts on this thread has been from a distinct viewpoint. Despite obvious gaping holes in this sorry chapter I've not noted any doubt or genuine query into the issues that Bob's tale throws up.

To suggest that I've read your position on this subject incorrectly is rather disingenuous.

It's not quite 'thinking about possible explanations' though is it CR?

Each one of your many posts on this thread has been from a distinct viewpoint. Despite obvious gaping holes in this sorry chapter I've not noted any doubt or genuine query into the issues that Bob's tale throws up.

To suggest that I've read your position on this subject incorrectly is rather disingenuous.

My good friend Mark, I fully understand a skeptic’s model of requiring proof of evidence and being cynical is a mindset of rejecting everything without revealing anything about your position. So what praytel may I ask, is your position on Bigfoot? Do you have a fig leaf of pretense for Bigfoot in your body or are you always so pessimistic and skeptical? I ask in all sincerity and all fluff aside, what is your position?

Guest diana swampbooger

Wes has reported that the monsoon weather in TX has been postponed until a later date.