Campsite Destroyed

Guest diana swampbooger

oops. meant to say his visit to Tx has been postponed due to monsoon. tuff audience

Guest ChasingRabbits

It's not quite 'thinking about possible explanations' though is it CR?

Each one of your many posts on this thread has been from a distinct viewpoint. Despite obvious gaping holes in this sorry chapter I've not noted any doubt or genuine query into the issues that Bob's tale throws up.

To suggest that I've read your position on this subject incorrectly is rather disingenuous.

My posts have included the tiny word "if" and have worked on that premise  of "if".  Should anyone choose to ignore those "if"s  in my posts, that's not my problem.

I've stated numerous times in my posts that I think Garrett found a "torn up camp" and that I don't think Garrett immediately thought "Big Foot done it" until after he walked through the camp and saw things to make him conclude that. I've also stated in my posts that Big Foot clouds the entire "torn up camp" issue.

One question I've been trying to figure out is if Garrett is being harassed by the government, what is/are the possible reason(s) for it.  Again, should anyone ignore the "if" in that sentence or in my previous posts, that is not my problem.

oops. meant to say his visit to Tx has been postponed due to monsoon. tuff audience

Can we be 100% certain that Germer isn't making up this weather event?

Edited by ChasingRabbits
G2

No problem, it happens. That makes better sense. Thanks for clarifying. :)

Edited by Bonehead74

My posts have included the tiny word "if" and have worked on that premise  of "if".  Should anyone choose to ignore those "if"s  in my posts, that's not my problem.

I've stated numerous times in my posts that I think Garrett found a "torn up camp" and that I don't think Garrett immediately thought "Big Foot done it" until after he walked through the camp and saw things to make him conclude that. I've also stated in my posts that Big Foot clouds the entire "torn up camp" issue.

I have seen written by someone who claimed to be familiar with the area that there had been pot growers using the area in the past. It was suggested that if BG was consistently wandering around whilst the gubermint was patroling for pot he would be rousted.

But, this is all fourth, fifth hand hearsay. Has anyone else in the area, not connected with BG mentioned helicopters? Has anyone wandering around the big thicket area posted a camera phone video of helicopters flying around or of "g" men?

In the age of "social media" if there are a lot of black helicopters or guys in black SUV's with gubermint plates rolling through tx I would imagine some enterprising texan will have mentioned it.

If there isn't any other claims or videos from folks who aren't associated with BG then I'd say the claim is really dubious.

BG or his rep in the interview claimed that the these guys show up almost every time they go out. He implied/inferred (whatever) that they were either listening in or had a mole in his group so they knew in advance that they'd be out there. I think he has/had video of his group being question by some parks people, but nothing with any sort of black ops types. With multiple incidences I would think that the copters/people would have noticed and remarked upon/videoed by independent people.

Can we agree on that?

Guest diana swampbooger

Yes, Bodhi, other people have seen & reported the copters flying around the Sam Houston

where is this reported DS? link, website  if you can direct me please?

Edited by Bodhi

My good friend Mark, I fully understand a skeptic’s model of requiring proof of evidence and being cynical is a mindset of rejecting everything without revealing anything about your position. So what praytel may I ask, is your position on Bigfoot? Do you have a fig leaf of pretense for Bigfoot in your body or are you always so pessimistic and skeptical? I ask in all sincerity and all fluff aside, what is your position?

Hi Gum. Hope you are well.

Bottom line is I've never had a sighting so cannot say categorically that BF exists.

I do however find much of the current existing evidence very interesting. No smoking gun of course but, the sum of its parts add up to something very significant for me at least.

Like yourself Gum, I love nothing more than pouring over first hand accounts. Over the years you become quite adept at separating the credible from the incredible.

I also have several friends and colleagues in this field who swear they have saw something they believe to be Sasquatch. These are folks I trust so it's difficult for me to dismiss these reports especially.

Unfortunately Gum this subject matter attracts many undesirables. Over the last few years we've seen hoax after hoax diminish the credibility of this subject greatly. This is why I tend to get pretty direct when these matters are discussed.

Apologies if I've sounded short and terse on this thread at times Gum but hopefully you understand my position on this and similar 'controversial' matters going forward.

Guest diana swampbooger

where is this reported DS? link, website  if you can direct me please?

Did not occur to me to save the links.

I suppose you could call property owners surrounding the Sam Houston & ask them.

Hi Gum. Hope you are well.

Bottom line is I've never had a sighting so cannot say categorically that BF exists.

I do however find much of the current existing evidence very interesting. No smoking gun of course but, the sum of its parts add up to something very significant for me at least.

Like yourself Gum, I love nothing more than pouring over first hand accounts. Over the years you become quite adept at separating the credible from the incredible.

I also have several friends and colleagues in this field who swear they have saw something they believe to be Sasquatch. These are folks I trust so it's difficult for me to dismiss these reports especially.

Unfortunately Gum this subject matter attracts many undesirables. Over the last few years we've seen hoax after hoax diminish the credibility of this subject greatly. This is why I tend to get pretty direct when these matters are discussed.

Apologies if I've sounded short and terse on this thread at times Gum but hopefully you understand my position on this and similar 'controversial' matters going forward.

Nothing left to guessing with an honest straight forward beginning to ending post like that Mark. I understand completely. No apologies necessary it clears the board for me. You are indeed a gentleman.  Hat tip!

Guest ChasingRabbits

I have seen written by someone who claimed to be familiar with the area that there had been pot growers using the area in the past. It was suggested that if BG was consistently wandering around whilst the gubermint was patroling for pot he would be rousted.

But, this is all fourth, fifth hand hearsay. Has anyone else in the area, not connected with BG mentioned helicopters? Has anyone wandering around the big thicket area posted a camera phone video of helicopters flying around or of "g" men?

In the age of "social media" if there are a lot of black helicopters or guys in black SUV's with gubermint plates rolling through tx I would imagine some enterprising texan will have mentioned it.

If there isn't any other claims or videos from folks who aren't associated with BG then I'd say the claim is really dubious.

BG or his rep in the interview claimed that the these guys show up almost every time they go out. He implied/inferred (whatever) that they were either listening in or had a mole in his group so they knew in advance that they'd be out there. I think he has/had video of his group being question by some parks people, but nothing with any sort of black ops types. With multiple incidences I would think that the copters/people would have noticed and remarked upon/videoed by independent people.

Can we agree on that?

If the Big Thicket has problems with pot growers, meth labs, or is used for drug deals, I can see why "the government" would put people who frequent that area under surveillance. I think I linked a news report of a dead man found near a hiking trail in the Big Thicket in 2013 (the same year of the torn up camp) and the murder was gang related. So it looks like the Big Thicket has the same problem we have in my area: gangs using the parks and "woods" for execution spots and impromptu body disposal areas. Again, with that kind of problem, I can see why "the government" would be suspicious/cautious of people who are "regulars" in those areas.

I think in an earlier post I linked a US Geological Survey study on an area within the Big Thicket and its potential for mineral/oil resources. Garrett was supposedly a prospector. I'm a rock collector and I can totally see why "the government" would be concerned if a self-proclaimed prospector spends time in an area with mineral/oil resources. Not only is there the issue of illegal mining but there's also a liability issue, if a person is injured on public land and there aren't any clear warnings posted of that danger.

And there is the torn up camp issue. If Garrett called 911 and no one responded to it until the next morning, that can be a serious dereliction of duty. And I can see people who want to protect their jobs, doing things to protect their jobs. I've stated in my previous post, this is where Garrett made a huge mistake. If he called and no one showed up after a reasonable amount of time, he should have called again. And if couldn't wait around for EMS or the cops to respond, he should have left his name, address and phone number with the dispatcher, and followed up again. Doing that would leave a "paper trail" (unless the recordings are lost or erased).

Regarding the helicopters....I recall a video on Garrett's you tube channel where you can see a helicopter and its shadow in the background.  so what would a helicopter be doing  there, right? I've looked at maps and there are airfields near the big Thicket. Could these helicopters be private copters? Could be. Could these be recreational helicopter rides like the ones advertised for the Hardin County Music Fest on page 5 of The Big Thicket Association's newsletter http://www.bigthicket.org/static/media/uploads/Big%20Thicket%20Reporter/reporter122.pdf?Could be. There is also a hospital  near the preserve.  Could these helicopters be Med-Evacs transporting patients from that hospital to hospitals in Houston or transporting car crash/accident victims from the accident site to Houston like in this news report http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/dayton/news/man-airlifted-to-houston-hospital-after-accidental-shooting-in-big/article_fd1a29a4-1893-5e70-a716-9d90fc9263f9.html? Could be, because unless there are specific "no-fly zones", Med-Evac helicopter pilots like to take the most direct and fastest route to and from a hospital. could the helicopters be part of a military maneuvers? Could be. So is it possible that Garrett sees helicopters when he's in the Big Thicket? I think it's possible. Are they government helicopters monitoring him? I don't know.

If the Big Thicket has problems with pot growers, meth labs, or is used for drug deals, I can see why "the government" would put people who frequent that area under surveillance. I think I linked a news report of a dead man found near a hiking trail in the Big Thicket in 2013 (the same year of the torn up camp) and the murder was gang related. So it looks like the Big Thicket has the same problem we have in my area: gangs using the parks and "woods" for execution spots and impromptu body disposal areas. Again, with that kind of problem, I can see why "the government" would be suspicious/cautious of people who are "regulars" in those areas.

I think in an earlier post I linked a US Geological Survey study on an area within the Big Thicket and its potential for mineral/oil resources. Garrett was supposedly a prospector. I'm a rock collector and I can totally see why "the government" would be concerned if a self-proclaimed prospector spends time in an area with mineral/oil resources. Not only is there the issue of illegal mining but there's also a liability issue, if a person is injured on public land and there aren't any clear warnings posted of that danger.

And there is the torn up camp issue. If Garrett called 911 and no one responded to it until the next morning, that can be a serious dereliction of duty. And I can see people who want to protect their jobs, doing things to protect their jobs. I've stated in my previous post, this is where Garrett made a huge mistake. If he called and no one showed up after a reasonable amount of time, he should have called again. And if couldn't wait around for EMS or the cops to respond, he should have left his name, address and phone number with the dispatcher, and followed up again. Doing that would leave a "paper trail" (unless the recordings are lost or erased).

Regarding the helicopters....I recall a video on Garrett's you tube channel where you can see a helicopter and its shadow in the background.  so what would a helicopter be doing  there, right? I've looked at maps and there are airfields near the big Thicket. Could these helicopters be private copters? Could be. Could these be recreational helicopter rides like the ones advertised for the Hardin County Music Fest on page 5 of The Big Thicket Association's newsletter http://www.bigthicket.org/static/media/uploads/Big%20Thicket%20Reporter/reporter122.pdf?Could be. There is also a hospital  near the preserve.  Could these helicopters be Med-Evacs transporting patients from that hospital to hospitals in Houston or transporting car crash/accident victims from the accident site to Houston like in this news report http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/dayton/news/man-airlifted-to-houston-hospital-after-accidental-shooting-in-big/article_fd1a29a4-1893-5e70-a716-9d90fc9263f9.html? Could be, because unless there are specific "no-fly zones", Med-Evac helicopter pilots like to take the most direct and fastest route to and from a hospital. could the helicopters be part of a military maneuvers? Could be. So is it possible that Garrett sees helicopters when he's in the Big Thicket? I think it's possible. Are they government helicopters monitoring him? I don't know.

That is all excellent. I do think that 911 calls are supposed to be public record, and the destroying of such calls a...(felony?). I'm not ready to accept that those records were destroyed by someone in the process of a CYA situation. 

Again, excellent reply!

BFF Patron

Texas has more military bases than any state in the union.     Ft Hood is just NW of Houston.    With the present military policy of camouflaging pretty much all aircraft it is difficult to tell the difference between those of the different services.     So the frequent presence of military helicopters in Texas could just be that there are a lot of them flying there.  Add to that there are Warning areas off the coast for military aviation activity and transit to and from those warning areas would create a lot of Texas overflight.    I just happen to live between Fort Lewis WA and Army Weapons area near Boardman Oregon.    Very frequently flights of military helicopters at low altitudes will pass overhead going back and forth between bases.   Part of military training is to practice what you do in combat.      Whether that is carrying and deploying troops or shooting air to ground weapons.     Admittedly when not in formation and going someplace a military pilot might have some latitude to do some sightseeing.   But that could be as innocent as checking out where you want to go hunting the following weekend.   The tendency to associate military helicopter flights with BF is blown all out of proportion. 

Just have to say Chasing Rabbits that this is pretty much spot on as to how I see it. Great post. I also agree with SWWASAS. More good points.

Guest diana swampbooger

Oh look! Ellington Field Joint Reserve Base and Coast Guard Air Station Houston(Texas Air National Guard, the Texas Army National Guard, the U.S. Army Reserve, U.S. Navy Reserve, U.S. Marine Corps Reserve and the U.S. Coast Guard (Coast Guard Air Station Houston) is 10+/- miles SE of Houston & they have drone/s.

Probably doesn't mean anything though. I'm sure the gamers wouldn't fly drones over National Forests & Wildlife Management Areas at night for funnsies either, right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellington_Field_Joint_Reserve_Base