Campsite Destroyed

While not related to Sam Houston East Texas, it was camping related and interesting just the same.

1995 12A Southwestern Oklahoma Motorist, Camping  

This was related to me by 23 yr. old witness. About five years ago the witness said, about the time she graduated from high school she and some frineds were partying at a small lake, when one of the party decided to go four wheeling with a new jeep. He soon came back stating he had gotten high-centered and needed help getting unstuck. Everyone went to help him get out of the mud. When they arrived at the stuck jeep they found it over turned! The group returned to their camp site to discover that while they were gone, something had visited the camp and heavily damaged a pickup truck belonging to one of the members of the party! Being frightened by the activities of the night they soon departed. GCBRO

http://gcbro.com/OKswa001.htm

Guest diana swampbooger

Good  hearing from Garrett last night. Had some interesting updates & tips on more effective game cam handling.

Guest Divergent1

If I was a bigfoot I'ld wreck your camp site and truck too. That's what you get for messing with sasquatch.

Edited by Divergent1

Bigfoot Attacks

Jefferson, Texas (about 300 south of Sam Houston National Forest)

The Bigfoot Bulletin of October 31, 1970, published by California researcher George Haas, carried a fantastic letter from an army trainee named Nick E. Campbell at Fort Ord, California. He related that two Texas National Guard privates, one of them a minister, had told him that at Longview where they lived, there were reports from about 1965 of a giant hairy creature roaming the back country between there and Jefferson, Texas. They said that the creature had reportedly killed a couple of people. Reverend Royal Jacobs told him that as a teenager he was a member of a posse that hunted the creature and he had seen the body of a person the creature had torn apart.

Source: The True Story of Apes in America, Loren Coleman, Paraview Pocket Books, ISBN 0743469755

Guest diana swampbooger

Garrett posted a new vid on his YT account. He indicated he'll be posting his booger vids.

Don't you deniers dare be peekin'

BFF Patron

If I was a bigfoot I'ld wreck your camp site and truck too. That's what you get for messing with sasquatch.

One of the most interesting sighting reports I read was someone had an encounter in the dark near Saddle Mountain Oregon.     He was fleeing for his life in his vehicle, and a BF grabbed the back bumper and reportedly stopped the vehicle from moving.   That would get your attention.  

Bigfoot Attacks

Jefferson, Texas (about 300 south of Sam Houston National Forest)

The Bigfoot Bulletin of October 31, 1970, published by California researcher George Haas, carried a fantastic letter from an army trainee named Nick E. Campbell at Fort Ord, California. He related that two Texas National Guard privates, one of them a minister, had told him that at Longview where they lived, there were reports from about 1965 of a giant hairy creature roaming the back country between there and Jefferson, Texas. They said that the creature had reportedly killed a couple of people. Reverend Royal Jacobs told him that as a teenager he was a member of a posse that hunted the creature and he had seen the body of a person the creature had torn apart.

Source: The True Story of Apes in America, Loren Coleman, Paraview Pocket Books, ISBN 0743469755

Jefferson Texas is about 180 miles NORTH of Sam Houston National Forest.

Okay I stand corrected; it’s closer than I previously thought. Thanks for pointing that out.

Edited by Gumshoeye

Quite a few stories from around Jefferson. I seem to recall one where a fellow saw one step over a fence with a hog under each arm. I believe a young boy claimed to have been chased by one as well.

Yeah... there seems to be a lot of reports coming out of east Texas. My Dad use to talk about some things but I wish he was around to ask specific questions...

My folks and ancestor's derived from McAllen, Pleasanton, San Antonio, Houston and Eagle Pass and my precious niece was killed in a car crash in West Texas and cousin was murdered in Houston.  My early familial history goes back to the days of the Republic of Texas …. We had our Army reunion down in San Antonio two years ago, and I still stay in touch with a lot of the commissioned officers and enlisted men of my Battalion.

My girlfriend at the time stood up for her girlfriend in Austin and I would head over to the big C/W saloon while they were rehearsing and didn't return until the next morning.  :-) ... Somebody was not happy!  I stayed down in McAllen for a summer with relatives when I was a young boy and considered a job in San Antonio and Dallas but never stayed to live because of the searing heat!

One of the most interesting sighting reports I read was someone had an encounter in the dark near Saddle Mountain Oregon.     He was fleeing for his life in his vehicle, and a BF grabbed the back bumper and reportedly stopped the vehicle from moving.   That would get your attention.  

I know of someone who was driving an ATV on his own property and a bigfoot ran up the hill, grabbed the ATV by the rack on the back, and flipped the vehicle down the hill.  The man suffered minor injuries.  This hasn't been published as an encounter anywhere yet.