Campsite Destroyed

Good question, Divergent. I think we probably wouldn't still be talking about this if there was something (anything!) else going on in the field worth discussing.

Has Bigfoot jumped the shark? Seems like there's nothing going on besides bad TV, terrible videos, people trying to make a buck....

Or has the research community just gone quiet? A discussion for another thread, perhaps.

• Upvote 1

Here's a link to a video of Bob Garrett being interviewed before his alleged government shutdown.  The interview begins around the 31:00 minute mark.  The whole interview is good.  He talks about his many years of research in the Sam Houston Forest and a number of incidents.  He periodically discusses the torn up camp.  I think some around the 49:00 minute mark.  And he gets into greater detail about the torn up camp beginning around the 69:00 - 70:00 minute mark and discusses it for a good 15 minutes or more.  Maybe that will answer some of the questions raised about why he did this or that. 

http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-government-just-shutdown-bigfoot.html

As far as government cover-up, I somewhat agree with chelefoot that this has been exhausted, although it might educate some who don't know much about it, which by some questions there's things some don't know.  But in any event unless the government admits to it, its really difficult to prove, and all these speculations about motives and money and this and that doesn't get us closer to solving this issue.

*jayjeti*

Thanks for posting the links I'm listening to it right now,

Has there been any type of sighting, visitation or contact with Garrett or has he gone totally dark?

Guest diana swampbooger

JJ,

sasquatch chronicles blog

Jun 30

East Texas Sasquatch

I spoke to Bob Garrett last night and he has agreed to come on the show and give us an update on what he has going on there in Texas. We will see if Bob will retell his most recent and unexpected encounter while sitting in the truck waiting for the guys to retrieve the game cams. Tim Sermons came on a week or so ago and gave us an update and shared some audio files with us and recounted what had happen to them. Tim and Bob’s son Travis were getting the game cams, it was about 11am and Bob was sitting in the truck when they heard loud screaming. Tim looked at Travis and said “That was a Sasquatch,,,,,I think the noise is coming from the truck†as the men rushed back to the truck they found Bob pointing his pistol out the window towards the treeline.

Bob and his group have an aggressive camera project they have implemented and they are getting results. Look for the update this week!

Guest ChasingRabbits

Here another option to consider....

How do we know the location that Garret filmed; was even in Sam Houston? Maybe it was filmed behind his house? I'm not saying it was but, once again, nothing can be verified.

I understand that a large part of Bigfoot encounter claims have little evidence and are anecdotal in nature. However, there's a big difference between a unique, one time sighting report and the stories that I've heard from Bob Garret. If his stories are true; it would make him, far and above the most successful researcher in the field.

He has made some very extraordinary claims, as to what he's witnessed and the one video he had, with close up detailed views of a Sasquatch, was stolen by government agents that hacked his computer.

Nothing Garret has claimed, can be verified and his excuse is that he's a victim of a government cover up.

So; why is Bob Garret the only researcher being harassed by the government? I've not heard these kinds of claims from Meldrum or other researchers...

Unless, of course, Bob Garret is the best researcher in the world and the government wants to keep Sasquatch a secret. Perhaps they don't bother with any of the other well known researchers because they're incompetent and will never document the existence of Bigfoot? Does this make sense or is there another reason why the men in black are tormenting the unfortunate Mr. Garret?

On  his youtube website, he used to have other videos and had at least 1 more vid of the campsite and a vid of the general area (near a body of water, because the vid is one of Garrett and his son fishing but they point the camera to the woods and claim that the torn up camp was there). But again, to believe that is to give him the benefit of the doubt and take his word for it. I've never been to Sam Houston or the Big Thicket, therefore I don't have first hand knowledge about the areas (so I can figure out where the camp was located or at least the general location).

My opinion on government harassment is if it is happening, it has nothing to do with BigFoot and more to do with either some kind of classified military thing going on there or close to there or the Feds think Garrett is involved with some illegal activities.

*jayjeti*

Thanks for posting the links I'm listening to it right now,

Has there been any type of sighting, visitation or contact with Garrett or has he gone totally dark?

As far as the torn up camp I think he has gone dark.  He is still doing research, but doesn't have a youtube channel or a blog like he once had, to my knowledge.  As noted, he will soon appear on Sasquatch Chronicles podcast with Wes Germer.  He'll be talking about things he's currently doing.  It's to be seen if he will discuss the torn up camp or the government anymore.  My guess is he has shied away from that.

So Bob is to pop back up on Sasquatch Chronicles? Wow. What a huge surprise. Just wonder what the feds will make of that. I'm sure they won't give him a second chance.

It will either be Guantanamo or a long walk out in the desert for poor old Bob!

I'll be passing on listening to his big comeback show. Let's hope though at least one of these guys can get their story straight for once. If you are charging for this nonsense it's the least you can do.

Edited by MarkGlasgow
  • Upvote 1

Who can still listen to Sas-Chronicles? Im totally burned out on the blogtalk shows. And BF in general. Past few months have wiped me out.

Guest diana swampbooger

Jay saw a booger wake up in the morning from his huntin' blind. Used his Busnell 50X for about 30-45 min. Few years ago.

Kim is renting a property that was formerly by BFRO. She had a big booger(@ about 25') & 4 small boogers run across her driveway. Not clear, within the last week?

Wag, I'm still listening to episodes in the 50s. I love them, even if I don't believe all of them. Aside from occasional snarky comments from Will, references to the laughable Mr. Black, and a few questionable stories, I really like the show.

DS, who are these folks of which you speak?

Guest diana swampbooger

JG,

SC Ep:119 Members only. Good one.

I'm listening now to Bobby Hamilton of GCBRO & Killing Bigfoot, EP 120. Good one. Replay.

But you're right, a couple few don't raise my hackles.

Garrett will be on tonight.