A Few Words Concerning Bigfoot At The Half Century Mark

Guest Crowlogic

Actually, they dismiss claims, and ask for evidence. when the evidence is provided, they may find it doesn't match a claim, but when there is no claim it is convenient to ignore the evidence or make up a claim to refute. Much of the evidence for bigfoot is found to be human or most like a human in origin, and this is an easy out when dealing with a claim that it's from a non-human primate. What do you do with the claim BF is a hominin? Have you thought about all the ramifications an extant hominin that isn't homo sapiens sapiens would present to our society? I think a lot of scientists will shy away from the stigma surrounding bigfoot and stick to the paradigm that insists we are the only extant hominin.

Can you cite an instance where you feel that valid evidence of sasquatch was ignored or are you employing hyperbole? Also, why do you feel that all these disparate people in all of these different scientific disciplines have chosen to ignore a discovery which would make them instantly famous? Science isn't a monolithic thing it is many, very competitive people. Why would they all choose to ignore this amazing discovery? It just doesn't track logically.

Edited by Bodhi

Do you really think people would care of bigfoot was an alternate relative of humans?    

I don't think you are seeing how the legal system would deal with a hominin that would be allowed to roam free, slap peoples houses in the night, trespass, kill their dogs, and create all sorts of disturbances while being immune to laws that govern extant hominins. It's not something law enforcement want to be called about, and the calls would likely increase if BF were proven.

Can you cite an instance where you feel that valid evidence of sasquatch was ignored or are you employing hyperbole? Also, why do you feel that all these disparate people in all of these different scientific disciplines have chosen to ignore a discovery which would make them instantly famous? Science isn't a monolithic thing it is many, very competitive people. Why would they all choose to ignore this amazing discovery? It just doesn't track logically.

Well you don't see the geneticists coming around here to ask for samples do you? They see a few failures and think they've all been tested. They've got their funded work to perform, and if they keep their nose clean, they'll get more funding for their work. The stakes are high and the cost is high if they fail to get published on a claim they get one shot at.

• Upvote 1

I don't think you are seeing how the legal system would deal with a hominin that would be allowed to roam free, slap peoples houses in the night, trespass, kill their dogs, and create all sorts of disturbances while being immune to laws that govern extant hominins. It's not something law enforcement want to be called about, and the calls would likely increase if BF were proven.

So, just to be clear, the above is your hypothesis for why sasquatch knowledge is "squelched"? Is that REALLY plausible to you or are you just engaging in rhetoric?

Scorn? Please show me where I've done that. 

Please show me where I was addressing you specifically. I do, however, see scorn and mockery in plenty of the posts of other skeptics. All over this forum as a matter of fact.

Critical thinking regarding this topis is NEEDED. If you doubt me listen to the SasChron podcast where the woman INSISTS that she saw a sasquatch FLY and then listen to the most recent episode of the same podcast where the woman is complimented for said report of flying sasquatch.

I say again, there is a paucity of critical thinking about these stories.

Are you serious? Do you really believe the average proponent here on BFF is going around accepting such stuff?

Well you don't see the geneticists coming around here to ask for samples do you? They see a few failures and think they've all been tested. They've got their funded work to perform, and if they keep their nose clean, they'll get more funding for their work. The stakes are high and the cost is high if they fail to get published on a claim they get one shot at.

Dr. Bryan Sykes.

By the way, the audacity you display is horrific. Scientists should come to this bigfoot forum looking for samples? I hope you are joking, if you are not you, IMO, are delusional. Chain of custody... for goodness sakes this is just insane. Scientists should come here asking for samples. holy cow.

A post was made about scoffing at grown men who believe in bigfoot.  Well you summed up in a tidy manner why the scoffing may not be so misplaced. 

So do you go around scoffing at people in your every day life? Because I can guarantee you now that the vast majority of people you will come into contact with believe in things far sillier than a hairy upright primate. The world is absolutely full of such beliefs.

Please show me where I was addressing you specifically. I do, however, see scorn and mockery in plenty of the posts of other skeptics. All over this forum as a matter of fact.

Are you serious? Do you really believe the average proponent here on BFF is going around accepting such stuff?

Disagree regarding who throws the mud around here but that isn't the point.

I am serious, look at the post next to yours in which southeryahoo suggests, sincerely I suppose, that geneticists should come to this website forum looking for samples. So there is an example of rationality of the forum.

I've seen folks here who think that there are multiple species, that sasquatches are inter dimensional and just about anything else you can imagine. Flying is not all that different? 

I challenge you to post the story of the flying bigfoot in a new thread and then we will see how many posters here buy it. Are you game?

I challenge you to post the story of the flying bigfoot in a new thread and then we will see how many posters here buy it. Are you game?

Sure, no skin off my nose. I'll stay off it and you'll stay off it and let's see. I'll post both the original episode and the more recent episode where she gets support from the SasChron guest.

I propose a waiting period of 3 days before posting, agreed?

Also, what say you of southernyahoo's suggestion which I noted?

Go for it then. I'm confident that not many people here will be buying the idea of a flying bigfoot.

I also see little wrong with what southernyahoo wrote. He didn't say they should be coming here asking for samples. He said that they don't come here as they have their own work to do and they think it's all been proven a failure anyway. Where is he going wrong?

So, just to be clear, the above is your hypothesis for why sasquatch knowledge is "squelched"? Is that REALLY plausible to you or are you just engaging in rhetoric?

My hypothesis is that BF is most likely a hominin yes. I think a lot of the evidence is ignored when it points to a human source ( easy to dismiss) so long as they can find reason to dismiss or disregard the rest of it's provenence. In this way, the evidence can hide in plain sight when the claim is that BF is not a human or hominin. If the genetics were too close, it would likely cause some legal issues over the rights BF would have. Animal rights or human rights is all we have at the moment. I don't think we are prepared for that quagmire. Sprinkle in some skepticism and sure hoaxes, and you can keep bigfoot under wraps no problem. If a body turns up, take it, and tell all involved that without the body, all they have is a story, they are humans and deserve a dignified burial without violation of that right.

That would pretty much satisfy the coverup angle, though I tend not to push that much, because I dont think their bodies turn up very often. Some reports say they carry off their own dead, so one would have a lot of digging to do to find them.

Sasquatch knowledge, :rolleyes: Do you mean we could gleen knowledge from the evidence or is THAT rhetoric when you really mean proof?

Dr. Bryan Sykes.

By the way, the audacity you display is horrific. Scientists should come to this bigfoot forum looking for samples? I hope you are joking, if you are not you, IMO, are delusional. Chain of custody... for goodness sakes this is just insane. Scientists should come here asking for samples. holy cow.

Wow, that's a a shocking response. Why wouldn't they want to make this discovery?????????? You don't think there wouldn't be a chain of custody? Do you think it wouldn't be offered if a scientist came here wanting to test some? You are the one with the audacity!!!!! I sent a submission request to Sykes and yes he ignored it. Holy cow. 

Guest Crowlogic

So do you go around scoffing at people in your every day life? Because I can guarantee you now that the vast majority of people you will come into contact with believe in things far sillier than a hairy upright primate. The world is absolutely full of such beliefs.

Name some things that are more silly than belief in bigfoot?  Yes the world is full of beliefs and nobody can be aware of every belief.   However with regards to bigfoot the average North American has had enough exposure to the myth to draw some sort of conclusion or opinion.  Whether the "serious" bigfooter wants to admit it or not there are far too many "tin foil hat types" practicing bigfootism than there are level headed ones.   You know once you've stepped off of the bigfoot treadmill and observe it from a rational distance and detachment the whole thing tips heavily into tin foil hat territory.

Wow, that's a a shocking response. Why wouldn't they want to make this discovery?????????? You don't think there wouldn't be a chain of custody? Do you think it wouldn't be offered if a scientist came here wanting to test some? You are the one with the audacity!!!!! I sent a submission request to Sykes and yes he ignored it. Holy cow. 

This is bigfootism can anybody seriously believe that a proper protocol of evidence documentation would actually take place?  Just a skim over the history of evidence samples and the excuses attached to them is more than enough to dissuade serious science.

Here is a bit of normal bigfootism.  Is science going to knock on that guy's door?

Edited by Crowlogic

Scientists should come here asking for samples. holy cow.

Question - where are scientists going now to look for samples?

Sykes spent most of his time overseas.  And Sykes, albeit not this site exactly, did go out asking for samples....chain of custody or not.

BFF Patron

Tin foil hat territory is someone that believes they know something people have clearly seen does not exist.     

• Upvote 1

You know once you've stepped off of the bigfoot treadmill and observe it from a rational distance and detachment the whole thing tips heavily into tin foil hat territory.

I can just picture the scientists in the 1500's using this argument against Coperinicus. 

What isn't yet understood is almost always met with mockery.