Impossible Animals Do Exist, So Why Not Bigfoot?

Guest ZeTomes

Guest ZeTomes

Ze Tomes, I give you the bird.

Isn't this birdy the real Road Runner? (I din't know at all there was a familly called sagitarius)

Thanks for the astrological secretary!

:P

Guest ZeTomes

To me one of the most improbable examples of mimicry is the Saber-toothed blenny. It looks like a Cleaner wrasse. acts like a Cleaner wrasse and bites like a little shark.

Wow!

It really resembles me of something... politics propaganda?

Edited by ZeTomes

Guest FuriousGeorge

I would like to give a shout out to some incredible bacteria. Siberian Actinobacteria, 400,000-600,000 year old bacteria found alive in permafrost. And if it can be verified and accepted, Bacillus permians found in ancient sea salt were revived after being in suspended animation for 250 million years. Pretty crazy.

Guest ZeTomes

I would like to give a shout out to some incredible bacteria. Siberian Actinobacteria, 400,000-600,000 year old bacteria found alive in permafrost. And if it can be verified and accepted, Bacillus permians found in ancient sea salt were revived after being in suspended animation for 250 million years. Pretty crazy.

Fantastic!

I wonder what secrets lake Vostok might hide or even more strange, Europa!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maQhn96AhuI

14-million-year-old-antarctic-lake-to-be-penetrated-by-russians.jpg

Europa_Galileo.jpg

Edited by ZeTomes

Guest ZeTomes

Musk Deer from the Himalayas

And I thinking it was extinct!

Edited by ZeTomes

They are threatened because their musk is so valuable to perfume makers but they are still around. Its skull does look like a recently extinct smilodon but much smaller.

smilo1.gif

Edited by BobZenor

Guest ZeTomes

They are threatened because their musk is so valuable to perfume makers but they are still around. Its skull does look like a recently extinct smilodon but much smaller.

So perfume industry uses this animal's gland (which serves to attract mates) not only for essence basing, but also for human's synthetic atraction, with the single detail that this animals don't get throught the process of extraction alive... another reason for myself continue to not using perfumes.

What's the reason for their long teeth?

----

Actualization:

The Siberian musk deer is classified as threatened by the IUCN. It is hunted for its musk gland, which fetches prices as high as $45,000 per kilogram. Only a few tens of grams can be extracted from an adult male. It is possible to remove the gland without killing the deer, but this is seldom done.

Edited by ZeTomes

Musk deer are hilarious to look at...

musk_deer.jpg

They're actually not even true deer, but from a family of animals likely ancestral to cervids.

Here's a pic of a male orangutan that made me do a double-take and I thought was photoshopped at first glance...

tumblr_kpguvlCpfN1qzpmgso1_500.jpg

It looks like Chet from Weird Science with hair. Like, just a big hairy poo with a face.

chet.jpg

Guest ZeTomes

As this thread is getting more and more interesting with your participation, in pursuit of that interest, I ask you to add more data to your posts making them more complete and interactive

The main subjects inherent to the posts are technical data, peculiarities, visual data and myths or legends (in case exist or were found).

One species (or all sub-species) for post

Thank you for contributing!

Cheers all

:guitar: (knock us out with you impossible creature)

Edited by ZeTomes

Guest ZeTomes

Here's a pic of a male orangutan that made me do a double-take and I thought was photoshopped at first glance...

tumblr_kpguvlCpfN1qzpmgso1_500.jpg

It looks like an american indian head of a totem, or a wood carving. I wonder why this posture - i and how it could be represented in symbolic mythology. Can you put the link?

Edited by ZeTomes

Guest RayG

How about a critter this guy describes as "a blend of silverfish, horseshoe crabs, catfish and alien facehuggers"?

Triops. Living fossils dating back millions of years.

Kingdom: Animalia

Phylum: Arthropoda

Subphylum: Crustacea

Class: Branchiopoda

Order: Notostraca

Family: Triopsidae

Genus: Triops

Grow your own. My daughter did. They're downright prehistoric.

post-82-026885100 1307099905_thumb.jpg post-82-016470800 1307099930_thumb.jpg post-82-025095400 1307099954_thumb.jpg

RayG

Guest ZeTomes

How about a critter this guy describes as "a blend of silverfish, horseshoe crabs, catfish and alien facehuggers"?

post-82-026885100 1307099905_thumb.jpg post-82-016470800 1307099930_thumb.jpg post-82-025095400 1307099954_thumb.jpg

my next one was going to be this one. Magnificient!