New Member Introductions

WV FOOTER

Greetings all! Pennsylvania hiker and have been interested in cryptozoology and other mysteries most of my life. Here to research sightings in my area. Thanks for having me!

• Upvote 1

Day 1 for me. I've been all over the continental US. Heading to Tahoe this May. I've always been interested in bigfoot. My first campout investigation was about 6 months ago. I've never had an encounter but would like to. There's so much information out there that's difficult to sift through. Just started attending bigfoot-related events last year after a challenging personal experience. When I learned how organized the bf researching community was, I was surprised and sorry that I'd missed out on so much of it. Playing catch up.

Welcome unlikely knot, Wend, Coyote138, and Alvan.

Welcome Drwinter; I hope you had a good time at the Honobia Bigfoot Festival.

• Upvote 1
On 2/18/2024 at 12:06 PM, Drwinter said:

I’ve always believed in BF.  There are too many sightings to NOT believe.   Since retirement I have had the time to dig into the subject and have read a dozen books written by 20 plus years of experience of people living with or adjacent to a clan of Sasquatch.   
     After attending the annual Honobia Bigfoot conference I was blown away at the number of sightings in Oklahoma (being very close to Kansas) I am now reading to get into some field research and recordings and sightings of my own. 

I see you made it :)

On 12/29/2018 at 10:43 AM, WV FOOTER said:

Welcome to the Bigfoot Forums. Please use this area to tell us about yourself and briefly how you became interested in Bigfoot!

If you wish to post your BF encounters, experiences and stories, please do so in the appropriate threads- after you introduce yourself here. This is not the area for prolonged or continuous encounter reports because they will simply be deleted. If you need assistance, contact a moderator or administrator. 

Thanks and enjoy the forums.

Hello, This is Mira from Wisconsin. Looking forward to others experiences with BF, and will share my own in time. Thank you for allowing me to join!

Hello Bigfoot Forums!

I'm a bit of skeptic because of my scientific education (I'm a psychologist). But I've always been interested in the paranormal and how people experience paranormal phenomena. Cryptozoology seems to me to be similar to paranormal phenomena, there is something there, but it is elusive. 

The recent video from the Blue Mountains peaked my interest in the topic. The Blue Mountains are in my backyard, so to speak (I'm in Idaho), so I've decided to combine my love of the outdoors with a search for some bigfoot evidence. I joined the Bigfoot Forums because I've found that online communities are enormously helpful for beginners like me. Maybe we'll even meet in search of bigfoot! 

On 12/29/2018 at 8:43 AM, WV FOOTER said:

Welcome to the Bigfoot Forums. Please use this area to tell us about yourself and briefly how you became interested in Bigfoot!

If you wish to post your BF encounters, experiences and stories, please do so in the appropriate threads- after you introduce yourself here. This is not the area for prolonged or continuous encounter reports because they will simply be deleted. If you need assistance, contact a moderator or administrator. 

Thanks and enjoy the forums.

Hello, I'm an old guy, hunter and hiker, love seeing wildlife and their sign. Have read accounts of Bigfoot but never seen one. 

• Upvote 1

Cymro. 44yr old Male. Living in Scotland UK, originating from Wales, UK. 

Become increasingly fascinated with the Sasquatch phenomenon after several times falling down Youtube rabbit holes. Hopefully this forum will help satisfy some of the squatch cravings! 

Keen to learn more and to one day visit the States & Canada to spend time in the magnificent wilderness. 

Hello! 43 year old NW guy here. I've grown up in the northwest and in the woods so couldn't help but have an interest in Sasquatch. I used to be on the forums even back in the 1.0 days, but I couldn't remember my log-in details so had to create a new account. I went by either KidWolf or OccamsRazor in those days (depending on which forum). I'm a cautiously optimistic fan that is more hopeful than skeptics, but apply scientific review and occam's razor to everything.

33 minutes ago, cipher7836 said:

Hi, my name is Nick. For years I thought Bigfoot was a joke. I’m a computer guy for the Army. I’m from south Florida and first generation American. Married. Two kids.

Welcome, Nick, and thank you for your service to our country!  Just curious, what made you change your mind about bigfoot being a joke?  

Welcome to the Forums, Mirables, Morbo, BluffCreek, and Nevhix.

Welcome Cymro, from the UK.

Hi, I have been interested in Sasquatch ever since I was a kid. I grew up in Southern California, and from time to time there would be occasional reports on the news or in the LA times about sightings in the northern part of the state. When I saw the Patterson-Gimlin film that made me a believer. In the last few years I've been on a few BFRO expeditions. I don't consider myself a researcher...I'm more like an experiencer. However, I do have a couple audio recorders and some low end thermal and night vision equipment. I'm here to learn all I can about the subject of Sasquatch.

Hi All! Great to be back. I look forward to getting back into discussions on the Bigfoot mystery. Been a while but I'm back and ready to jump back in!

Hello from South Florida.  I’ve come to seek a deeper understanding of the topic and learn from those of you with lived experience. The notion that there’s something so grand thriving just beyond the boundaries of our society fascinates me to no end. I’m thrilled to be here and intend to listen and learn. JJ

• Upvote 1